Reduced Duration

If you use this with lightning warp totems, it would seem the totems expire almost instantly? Can't think of any good synergies of this skill, justifying the socket.

It would be ok on traps + sunblast, except that Mark_GGG said that traps have no vision outside their trigger radius, meaning any targeted spell will miss, unless thrown on top of the target. In that case, there is no point in using sunblast, since the trap could explode normally. Really unfortunate since I was hoping sunblast would make traps behave like remote mines that detonated after thrown. The only skill with enough aoe to benefit from this is maybe ice nova, or rain of arrows.

Traps are already tedious enough to use as is, with multiple traps support not working over cliffs/gaps. Remote mines are even clunkier. Should just make sunblast work with remote mines, also.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Nov 7, 2013, 9:44:30 PM
The 92% reduced duration on lightning warp + reduced duration is from the effects of both gems combined; 38% on LW, 54% on RD. When I use it with my soul mantle, it just takes ~33 second duration totems down to ~19 duration. Granted its not a good thing, but its hardly noticeable.
Oh

I'm not sure how people were claiming almost instantly detonated traps with sunblast + reduced duration which is around 120%. Is 100% reduced duration the same as half duration? Seems like the traps and totems reduced durations are not behaving the same.

I don't have a sunblast so I can't test this, but it looked like sunblast by itself made 40 second traps into 5 second traps, not 24 second traps (like 80% reduced duration would work with 40 second totems)
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Reduced Duration is additive with Increased Duration (as is always the case with Increased/Reduced); clan_iraq has at least 25% from the Ancestral Bond cluster I'm guessing, potentially more from Totemic Zeal/centre/Qual Spell totem gem.

100% Reduced Duration is zero seconds.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 10, 2013, 2:14:14 PM
Aye yeah I should have specified that I was including other sources of increased duration- soul mantle, passive tree, etc.
didn't think we'd ever get a support gem less useful than knockback, stun, blind and cold to fire, but this one finally tops the list definitively.

world drop only, 120% mult and useful for only a lightning warp or sunblast trapper build, and thats IT. truly incredible.

incase you can't tell, i'm not quite happy with this gem. it 'works' fine, but there is very little if any reason to use it on anything ever.
Sounds like a Top-gem this ;)

Any recommendations on what Skills this Gem works "best"/most efficient with?

Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Nov 17, 2013, 4:05:19 AM
"
Kwonryu wrote:
Sounds like a Top-gem this ;)

Any recommendations on what Skills this Gem works "best"/most efficient with?

Lightning Warp: move faster
Sunblast Trap with area skills: instant explosion a bit like Gravicius
Quill Rain Explosive Arrow: set off fuses faster for more DPS assuming perfect skill
Storm Call: greater flexibility/more often storm commits
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Dec 1, 2013, 7:42:01 PM
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
didn't think we'd ever get a support gem less useful than knockback, stun, blind and cold to fire, but this one finally tops the list definitively.

world drop only, 120% mult and useful for only a lightning warp or sunblast trapper build, and thats IT. truly incredible.

incase you can't tell, i'm not quite happy with this gem. it 'works' fine, but there is very little if any reason to use it on anything ever.

In terms of beneficial use I would say, Stun and Blind > Reduced Duration and Cold to Fire > Knockback.

I use Leap Slam + Stun + Endurance Charge on Stun.

I've seen guides where Blind is key to the build.

As pointed out in this thread, Reduce Duration + Sun Blast Belt + Traps would turn traps into grenades.

Cold to Fire can be used with Avatar of Fire passive for 100% conversion of cold to fire.

Knockback, I cannot think of a reason I'd ever want to do this at the cost of a gem socket.

Am definetely going to test this gem with my puncture build. Am really in need of a good gem that would improve the rate of puncture DoT.

best
cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info