Reduced Duration

"
xenogfan43 wrote:
didn't think we'd ever get a support gem less useful than knockback, stun, blind and cold to fire, but this one finally tops the list definitively.

world drop only, 120% mult and useful for only a lightning warp or sunblast trapper build, and thats IT. truly incredible.

incase you can't tell, i'm not quite happy with this gem. it 'works' fine, but there is very little if any reason to use it on anything ever.

knockback, stun, blind, and very nichely cold to fire are all extremely strong gems, I imagione the same is true for this gem.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Feb 27, 2014, 12:13:37 PM
Ok so lets say I use this gem with Puncture. I cause a Puncture that will deal 1000 damage over the span of 4 seconds, meaning 250 dps. With 50% reduced duration, would it become 500 dps, or would it cut the total damage in half from 1000 to 500?
Last edited by TheRedHorseman on Apr 10, 2014, 3:31:03 PM
Puncture doesn't deal "1000 Damage over 4 seconds", it deals x Damage per Second, for 4 seconds. Reduced Duration does exactly what it says it does, the Duration is reduced.
I am pretty sure Reduced Duration was implemented to make Lightning Warp a better movement skill.
It may have some uses with Exploding Arrow or Storm call, but the most beneficial effect is making Lightning Warp the good old Teleport spell from D2 in terms of movement speed.

Btw the Synergy of Lightning Warp and Arctic Armour (full maintenance on high level) is just amazing.
"
Harpel wrote:
I am pretty sure Reduced Duration was implemented to make Lightning Warp a better movement skill.
It may have some uses with Exploding Arrow or Storm call, but the most beneficial effect is making Lightning Warp the good old Teleport spell from D2 in terms of movement speed.

Btw the Synergy of Lightning Warp and Arctic Armour (full maintenance on high level) is just amazing.

It can benefit traps too

This support gem should reduce DoT duration of skills like Viper Strike and Bleed (which it does) but it should also make those DoT's tick faster imo.
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
ive finally found a use - and a good one! - for Reduced Duration

Static Strike has [attack] + [explosion after duration]. That duration can be irritating at times, breaking fluidity of the fight

With Warped Timepiece (9-12% reduced duration) + gem one can reduce it by around 70% (havent yet done numbers and do not have the amulet yet)

with ~45% reduced duration the difference is already SIGNIFICANT. sadly it is a luxury gem for 6th link. difference is not good enough to justify place in a 5 link
Last edited by sidtherat on Apr 12, 2015, 8:29:18 AM
Less Duration has a little inconsistency in its description if it has +%quality.

The primary description reads "less duration," while the description from the quality reads "reduced duration."
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Wouldn't be the first time it happens; check the Melee Phys gem in the post above yours.
Can i Ask a question?

What Happens with Firestom??

DPS goes up? (same amount of projectiles in shorter period of time)?

Or it's bad for firestorm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info