1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

Congrats GGG!!! Amazing as always!
Beta Member Since 2010
sad thing is, not only just a few of my builds are dead, i also reacted to a post from chris on reddit, where he stated that things like shavs , soulktaker etc. are going to get nerfed (changed) so i sold them as fast as i could (i guess thats the most logicial reaction to such a post) just to read now that they wont be changed. no! they will even skyrocket price-wise.

i also bought top rolled two-handers since chris also stated earlier they will get a good buff, now i have to read you have to devine em first to get the buff while you destroy their actual state - really?

all the other positive aspects like new maps and areas wont help here in my case, game died for me today since i feel like wasting my time for nothing good in the end.

this game feels more and more like a lottery to me than a solid arpg worth spending your free time.

Spent so much money for this game to support GGG but in the end i learned it the hard way, but at least i learned it.

well, nvm :)

- Best Signature Ever -
Last edited by BestUsernameEver on Oct 22, 2013, 9:30:31 AM
I like these changes very much. Overall it seems much more balanced. The nerfs will be noticeable and i am really glad that GGG probably bring life-based builds back on equal footing with ES.

I am very happy about the aura changes. I wanted to go as light bubble and i was able with Alpha's Howl and Covenant back in the days (8 Aura EK mara FTW! <no clarity>)
Now i will be able to focus on one element with Wrath and ditch the 2% dps boost from anger or stuff like this.

I can't wait to see the whole passive tree. I will go sleep earlier today to make the time go faster!
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"

New implicit mods have been added to the Maraketh Bow (Weapon Elemental Damage) and the Harbinger Bow (Local Crit Chance)

Yeeeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!
My Crit-Puncture Shadow!!!!
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"

• Added an achievement system. Achievements are somewhat easier than Challenges and can be completed in any league. We expect to add at least one new achievement per two-weekly ongoing content patch.

Does completing achievements award orbs or other items?

"

• Dueling will be enabled very soon!

How is dueling different than the 1v1 pvp we have now?

"

• Players now cannot spend or reserve their last point of life with Blood Magic.

Bandit pking is next on the hitlist. You heard it here first!

"

• The Shock and Horror boss in the Torture Chamber map has been revamped.

New and improved overall battle (ie jungle valley), or just a massive damage increase to the boss (ie crematorium)?

"

• The experience equation has been changed so that the minimum experience you receive when too high or too low level is 2% (before it is split among the players). This means that farming non-Map areas until level 100 is actually plausible now.

Not quite an endgame level endless ledge or MoC v2, or even an improved map aquisition system, but i suppose its a step in the right direction nonetheless.

"

• Characters now receive 8 life per level rather than 6.

Better late than never.

"

• Blinded players now have minimum light radius.

This is hilarious and awesome, as is the amount of nerd tears its sure to generate. I look forward to chortling at the associated threads.

"

• The damage reflection auras have been reduced to 15%.

The numbers arent the issue here and never have been. Until you turn this into something interactive and non-binary, its going to continue to restrict build diversity, randomly instagib players though no fault of their own and generally be a bad mechanic.

"

• 40% of the item quantity bonus for additional party members is now shifted towards item rarity.

The last thing party play needed was a direct buff. As if completely trivializing the game in multiple ways wasnt enough, now it also guarantees a constant stream of rare drops and 40% more uniques?

Unless this change comes with an undocumented addition of a /players 6 type mechanic for soloers, its absolutely terrible.

"

• Grapplers will now discharge when they have any kind of Charge, not just Power Charges.

Dont forget to balance their discharge damage at lower levels while youre at it. A white grappler can already 1-shot or near 1-shot full life, 50%+ resist characters in EL and Descent modes with a single charge.

"

• Cleave: The dual wielding penalty for Cleave is now multiplicative and includes elemental damage.

Id hoped for something a bit more elegant, but harsh balance is better than no balance. Cleave being the mandatory main race skill for half the classes also wont be missed.

~~~~~

No mention of netcode or desync related improvements is a major disappointment. Not much else to say here that hasnt already been repeated ad infinitum elsewhere.

Ill reserve judgement on the everything else until ive had time to test the changes.

Congrats on making it this far, and good luck with the release.
IGN: KoTao
This is getting rediculous.. So many complains about the 60% reserve to Auras, and Chris sais theres alot of new nodes on passive tree to make it a sizable smaller reserve.. So its basicly just new types of builds for every class and you have to come up with new kind of builds to make it work. But i realy doubt they killed CI and BM.

I read the patchnotes and got so stoked! Cant wait for tomorrow and see the new passive tree aswell:) Nerf of reflect, Buff of HP and dmg buff on bows will suit me perfectly :)
I also would like to give props for making fully linked\socket items unchangeable :) Will go so much faster 6 Linking and 6 Socketing an item now that you can basicly just spam an item without looking :)

A truly awsome release patch! Great work:)
@TiKaD
Wow 60% on auras... Guess my support wander (which can run 7 auras without alpahs howl on mana) is now garbage. I am happy I got level 90 before the patch.
My wanding days are over (???)
.-. .. -.- ..- -.- .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.
Last edited by Special4ce on Oct 22, 2013, 9:31:35 AM
Facebreaker nerfed? Why? What was broken about it?
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
"
Added a rebalanced Keystone Passive Skill - Avatar of Fire: 50% of your physical/lightning/cold damage is converted to fire damage. You can't deal non-fire damage.

Content - Minor:

Merciless PvP is now handled by Maramoa rather than Greust.
Some of the previously drop-only Skill and Support Gems are available from a new side quest. The new Trigger Gems are also available in this quest. The other new side quest offers utility flasks and rare items.
The "Sharp and Cruel" and "Sever the Hand" quests in Merciless now offer rare items as rewards, rather than Skill or Support Gems.
Some monsters now have "Far Shot" causing them to do less damage to closer targets and more damage to farther away targets.
The Crematorium has been reduced to one level in size.
The Slums waypoint has been moved to the Crematorium. If you previously had the Slums waypoint, you will be awarded the Crematorium waypoint.
The Solaris Temple has been reduced to two levels. If you previously had the Solaris Temple Level 3 waypoint, you will be awarded the Solaris Temple Level 2 waypoint.
The Shock and Horror boss in the Torture Chamber map has been revamped.
The Starkonja's Head and Hyrri's Ire Unique items now have their own 3D art.
The effect for Infernal Blow has been improved.
Added new portal effects including special Map portals.
Some world areas have been renamed.
The Coast (formerly The Terraces) now has new types of chests.
The new Ground Ice looks awesome.
Removed some carts from the Arsenal Map.
Adjusted the size of the Jungle Valley Map.
Adjusted the size of the Spider Forest Map.
Adjusted the density of monsters in the Promenade Map.
Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

Two new Keystone Passives described under "Content" above have been added.

I see avatar and we know about the Mana Shield, but there is nothing about them under content. Can't wait to play it!!!!!!
"
sad thing is, not only just a few of my builds are dead, i also reacted to a post from chris on reddit, where he stated that things like shavs , soulktaker etc. are going to get nerfed (changed) so i sold them as fast as i could (i guess thats the most logicial reaction to such a post) just to read now that they wont be changed. no! they will even skyrocket price-wise.

i also bought top rolled two-handers since chris also stated earlier they will get a good buff, now i have to read you have to devine em first to get the buff while you destroy their actual state - really?

all the other positive aspects like new maps and areas wont help here in my case, game died for me today since i feel like wasting my time for nothing good in the end.

this game feels more and more like a lottery to me than a solid arpg worth spending your free time.

Spent so much money for this game to support GGG but in the end i learned it the hard way, but at least i learned it.

well, nvm :)

You gambled and lost.

Petrov.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info