1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

These patch notes look amazing guys! Grats on 1.0.0!

As far as the whole Aura thing, I have been "feeling" that this was the direction that the game needed to head. People running auras that are more specialized to their playstyle, not just as many as possible.

Any ETA on a new passive skill calc? I got numbers I need to crunch...
solo game HC died((
IGN: MCbl4
"
Lockenheada wrote:
"
BlindSinner wrote:
"
solistus wrote:
I have to say, I'm extremely disappointed at the decision to create so many legacy items out of high end uniques. I objected to the very first patch that created a legacy item with a non-retroactive nerf, and was more or less laughed out of the conversation for saying this was a dangerous precedent that could have much broader effects on the economy in the future. Well, I hate to say I told you so...

Knowing that the best items are now literally impossible to get on my own through playing, and that the trade prices will skyrocket even more out of my reach, kills a lot of my desire to continue playing. If these items are a serious balance problem, the changes really need to be retroactive. If they're not, then the nerfs are unnecessarily punishing to new players who won't be able to get these items.

I'm definitely not going to waste my time playing Standard/HC anymore. My desire to play the release version at all has dropped off quite a bit, TBH.

if you have not obtained those unique legacy items by this time, it would be unlikely you would have ever obtain them. as said in another post these items are in the legacy leagues, which player who have spent time and effort to obtain these items. why should they be screwed because, of your lack of ability to obtain them.
What is with the new players that would have ahd the goal to go hardcore in the normal leagues? I would have lost my drive after knowing that there are a few items Ill most likely never obtain if I dont quit my job and do the trading game 24/7?

every game you play, you play within your time limitations.
As I said before you would have never obtained these items, even if they were still obtainable.
I play about 2-4 hours a day since, I work and go to the gym after work. so I know there are limitations on how far I can get in this game, because I'm being realistic about my expectations.
In every mmo there is a direct relation between playtime and progression. This is a simple fact of mmos.
when people complain about about how they lack time to play, due to work I find it funny.
mmos function in a similar to work, time spent is paid with ingame returns,like working and being paid money depending on how hard you work and how long.
Last edited by BlindSinner on Oct 22, 2013, 9:30:14 AM
GGG, you are the hope that drives millions of players against the capitalist consumer society. You are proof that proves that another way exists. I love you.
"
Grimkorrigk wrote:
These patch notes look amazing guys! Grats on 1.0.0!

As far as the whole Aura thing, I have been "feeling" that this was the direction that the game needed to head. People running auras that are more specialized to their playstyle, not just as many as possible.

^ +1
Really disappointed to see legacy uniques. I dont get why you just dont fix it overall. It was beta after all, a major turn off for many new players coming to the game.
I'm pretty happy with almost all of this, especially the changes to auras.

I am quite concerned about the addition of so many legacy versions of unique items. I believe that as the parent leagues, SC and HC are quite important for the PVP scene of the game as they have a more stable base for long-term development of characters. The presence of such massive item imbalances kind of shatters any possibility of that scene ever thriving.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Auras could have been dealt with the same way as summons. I think it would have been better to keep the old reservation system with auras, but instead nerf them a lot and add skill nodes in the skill tree to buff them back up to where they are now.
everyone saying patch notes look great never got out of docks

RIP
Last edited by decidento on Nov 23, 2013, 6:13:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info