1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

"
jeanpain wrote:
"
"
jeanpain wrote:
Sucess builds was throw to the trash!! Spork build on get nerfs. Farewell MF build spork. This build is now useless! Sad!! Everytime a build reach sucess on game, GGG comes and mess around with all fun!

Spark dual totem build was way more efficient and overpower that other skills.

You can now try other skills rather than yolo spark. As an example ice spear is safer and does cold damage = freeze-chill and it has tons of critical. But you dont use it cause spark is more efficient and overpower.

1st you crying about no build diversity and now you crying cause they are giving it to you.
Spark build was OP thats why was successful.

I decide what kind of build I like more. I like spork so what? Not the GGG should say what is or is not fun or is unbalanced. The GGG is looking like Blizzard imposing its opinion to the players. The GGG should do a public consultation before making these "balancing" unreasonable. I realize a policy nerf absurd. Should not leveling down! Some skill aew weak? Simple, give buffs on it and dont give nerf on that is already good.

There is nothing wrong about what skill you like to play but admit it is overpower and more efficient than any other spell on the game. If you like it so much then you will continue to play it. It doesnt make it unreasonable cause you spark players dont like this nerf.

As someone else said before very wisely : "When you have a game with dozens of skills, hundreds of possible builds etc and yet 85% are playing spork... clearly there is something wrong with that picture."

Most of skills are not weak just some of them are overpower.
Very nice! Read all of the changes and approved all of them. Great job there! :-)

I especially like the change in the mana reservation of auras. This just makes teaming up sooo much more interesting! :-D
IGN: Laubblaeser
Shut the fuck up, quit forming opinions about things you haven't experienced yet. GGG knows what they're doing this is gonna be some hype ass shit y'all.
Last edited by basikxs on Oct 23, 2013, 12:01:51 AM
Nice!
I guess its a good time to start an auradin to follow my main toon.
"
Zoen wrote:
"
Vexura wrote:
"
petden wrote:
Even if you could reduce 60% to like 20%, no one would reserve life.

Yeah, from what Ive seen 20% is about what it could be brought down to without investing serious points, and no one is going to reserve 20% health for ONE aura in a game where burst damage is the biggest threat.

You seem to be forgetting the Reduced Mana gem. If you're not using Blood Magic it should theoretically bring auras to 65% of its value (39%, or two auras max) whereas Blood Magic might end up being close to 85% of its value (nearly 10% per aura). If this is the case, then with 6 passive points Blood Magic will safely be able to run 1 aura of choice, maybe 2 depending on the life pool.

For those whining, I don't think it was their intention to have players be able to run 8+ auras on a single character, hence the reservation change. Besides, without the reservation change, Blood Magic builds were severely hindered on what auras they could reasonably run.

This isn't the case. This patch hinders Blood Magic even more.
Before, BM builds could at least run a flat reservation aura or two. Typically Anger and Grace since most BM builds were melee anyway. Now that auras are a percentage reservation, they're reserving even more life and reducing survivability by even more.

Assuming as BM Build has 4k Life, which would you rather do? Run Grace and Anger for ~300-400 life reserved or run them for 60%+ life reserved? Just running two auras would reduce you to below 2k health, cutting your survivability in half. No amount of defense compensates for that.

Even if you ran 1 aura at 20-30%, that's a huge amount of life reserved out of 4k+. This isn't a buff to BM builds, it's a huge nerf that makes running a single aura a drastic tradeoff that most players simply won't make.

"
Melzas wrote:
"
nieth79 wrote:
When you have a game with dozens of skills, hundreds of possible builds etc and yet 85% are playing spork... clearly there is something wrong with that picture.

Yeah it means the game is full of followers and idiots, but we all already knew that.

No, it means the game doesn't have any other skills that compete with the efficiency of Spork. Instead of buffing other skills that remain virtually useless or addressing the problems with the Spork competitors, they just nerfed Spork to try and put it down as far as everything else.

That's not balance, that's lazy.

"
basikxs wrote:
Shut the fuck up, quit forming opinions about things you haven't experienced yet. GGG knows what they're doing this is gonna be some hype ass shit y'all.

Um, no. This isn't the case. When something doesn't work on paper, it probably doesn't work in practice. You can say that to pretty much any aspect of life and a video game isn't that far out of reach.

Saying "GGG Knows what they're doing" is a moot point. I'm sure they do. However, they don't know what's best. Just like the government doesn't know what's best for its citizens.
Last edited by PathOfNerfs on Oct 23, 2013, 12:18:52 AM
"
PathOfNerfs wrote:
"
Zoen wrote:
You seem to be forgetting the Reduced Mana gem. If you're not using Blood Magic it should theoretically bring auras to 65% of its value (39%, or two auras max) whereas Blood Magic might end up being close to 85% of its value (nearly 10% per aura). If this is the case, then with 6 passive points Blood Magic will safely be able to run 1 aura of choice, maybe 2 depending on the life pool.

For those whining, I don't think it was their intention to have players be able to run 8+ auras on a single character, hence the reservation change. Besides, without the reservation change, Blood Magic builds were severely hindered on what auras they could reasonably run.

Before, BM builds could at least run a flat reservation aura or two. Typically Anger and Grace since most BM builds were melee anyway. Now that auras are a percentage reservation, they're reserving even more life and reducing survivability by even more.

Assuming as BM Build has 4k Life, which would you rather do? Run Grace and Anger for ~300-400 life reserved or run them for 60%+ life reserved? Just running two auras would reduce you to below 2k health, cutting your survivability in half. No amount of defense compensates for that.

Even if you ran 1 aura at 20-30%, that's a huge amount of life reserved out of 4k+. This isn't a buff to BM builds, it's a huge nerf that makes running a single aura a drastic tradeoff that most players simply won't make.

The way my current Duelist is, if his life pool went untouched after the patch and I could get aura reserve to be 10% (if it were possible), then I would be reserving 1 aura at the cost of 2 pre-patch. What aura would I choose to run in that case? Grace. Now, if for some reason I somehow upgrade my armor, then I'd opt to switch to Determination instead since at that point, a 50% defense increase would give me more benefit than an extra 6000 armor.

I don't even need Anger since all it does is gives me about 10-25 fire damage per hit at max level.
I love reading this thread, Since NONE of you (except the few Alphas that actually have got access to 1.0.0 stuff) have seen the Final Tree :D

And For those Whinging about Auras

"
Chris wrote:
  • The mana cost for all auras except Purity and Clarity has been changed to 60% reservation.

Purity was missed off this in the initial notes - So that's a bonus for you whingers. :)

12.5 Hrs to go
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
This...is EPIC
"
Zoen wrote:
"
PathOfNerfs wrote:
"
Zoen wrote:

The way my current Duelist is, if his life pool went untouched after the patch and I could get aura reserve to be 10% (if it were possible), then I would be reserving 1 aura at the cost of 2 pre-patch. What aura would I choose to run in that case? Grace. Now, if for some reason I somehow upgrade my armor, then I'd opt to switch to Determination instead since at that point, a 50% defense increase would give me more benefit than an extra 6000 armor.

I don't even need Anger since all it does is gives me about 10-25 fire damage per hit at max level.

So now you end up wasting even more points that would go into defense or utility simply trying to run more than 1 aura that ends up costing more than they did before. That's not a buff, that's still a nerf.

Even if you were to get more than 4k Life, you'd be reserving even more life than before, simply because they're all percentage reservations. Unless Grace adds 5000 Evasion at Lvl 1 and doubles every level, most people aren't going to make the trade-off to waste even MORE points simply to get their auras down to a level that isn't a complete waste of time.

"
davros70 wrote:
I love reading this thread, Since NONE of you (except the few Alphas that actually have got access to 1.0.0 stuff) have seen the Final Tree :D

And For those Whinging about Auras

"
Chris wrote:
  • The mana cost for all auras except Purity and Clarity has been changed to 60% reservation.

Purity was missed off this in the initial notes - So that's a bonus for you whingers. :)

12.5 Hrs to go

And this is relevant how?
Like I've said a dozen times, if it doesnt work on paper, it probably doesnt work in practice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info