I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's Guide to Ethereal Knives

So, looks like I have the only Empower level 3 on Domination :D

Stats will be up later today.

Happy holidays, and a great big THANK YOU to BestKhaZixAfrica!
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 27, 2013, 8:07:18 AM
Look nice !
Just upgraded my own stuff with a lightning coil, and now, reflect is not a problem anymore (as long as my teammates have purity of element on top on my purity of lightning).
I had mana issue, even more on -50% / no regen maps, so I decided to switch my Irow Will to a Mana Leech which allows me to be full mana all the time (which is godlike with MoM !)
My chest :

Now, I have one skill point unused. I'll probably reset it into +Life or other with bandit respect.
"
got4close wrote:
Look nice !
Just upgraded my own stuff with a lightning coil, and now, reflect is not a problem anymore (as long as my teammates have purity of element on top on my purity of lightning).
I had mana issue, even more on -50% / no regen maps, so I decided to switch my Irow Will to a Mana Leech which allows me to be full mana all the time (which is godlike with MoM !)
My chest :

Now, I have one skill point unused. I'll probably reset it into +Life or other with bandit respect.

Just wondering, how are you coping with no Life Leech? Ouch. I'd skip Mana Leech for that ASAP. But yeah, Mana Leech for those kind of maps is more or less a must, especially once you get a 6L.

You're right on Mana Leech being amazing with MoM, but how do you deal with the lack of Life Leech? As a 6th link, it's a VERY viable option, but instead of Leech?

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 27, 2013, 11:06:43 AM
"
enrge wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
"
enrge wrote:
do you think there is any posibility of incorporating RF into this build with some passive tree work arounds ?

In theory, yes. Take a lot of regen nodes, take the +2% Max Resist nodes, and get the last Aura circle to make Purity of Fire give 1 more to max. Even then, and with the Rise of the Phoenix, I don't think it's really worth it.

You'll need to run Vitality and Purity of Fire, so that's some mana lost, too.

In essence, you'll give up a lot of nice stuff for it, but if you just want DPS (and you have the currency / gems for it...), go for it.

time to design a unique that burns to mana instead of hp :p

To follow up on that issue. I did the math, it's definitely doable, at level 85+, preferably 90+. Would take a massive amount of specific and expensive gear, but it's doable.

Preliminary math suggests about 3.5K Life and you lose Haste and quite a bit of spare mana.
DPS would be about 20K, though, with my gear. Raise that number to about 24K in a party with Haste.

I don't think this is the best way to do it, I don't think EK is the right spell for this, but it's certainly an option. Incinerate on Life is much better for this sort of thing, though, reaching about 35K PER PROJECTILE with LMP doing this (not just fire, either).

If you got that kind of money, though, go for Righteous Fire on Low-life Shav's. It's just easier and better.

Last edited by CantripN on Dec 29, 2013, 3:51:12 AM
To infinity and beyond!

FYI, out of the people playing this build that I know of (myself not included), 3 have made a 6L Lightning Coil, by 12, 50 and 60 fuses, respectively.

Apparently GGG love this build :)

Last edited by CantripN on Dec 30, 2013, 2:45:38 PM
"
CantripN wrote:

Just wondering, how are you coping with no Life Leech? Ouch. I'd skip Mana Leech for that ASAP. But yeah, Mana Leech for those kind of maps is more or less a must, especially once you get a 6L.

You're right on Mana Leech being amazing with MoM, but how do you deal with the lack of Life Leech? As a 6th link, it's a VERY viable option, but instead of Leech?

I have quite a large regen, even more in party (300+).
And with this kind of life potions

Life leech is not needed. (but double reflect, map mod + shrine, it still hurts a bit :D )
"
CantripN wrote:
FYI, out of the people playing this build that I know of (myself not included), 3 have made a 6L Lightning Coil, by 12, 50 and 60 fuses, respectively.

Apparently GGG love this build :)

Yeah just awesome build, certainly once you get this. :)

74 and going strong.

Thinking of this right now:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcMfRB_EZYVIBXnFy8YPBjbGYoaMhqPHNwdFB2qHpQhwyQ8JLAmlSepKPoppSpNLOktRy2DLagvbzGeNZI26T8nRZ1GcUlRSshN404qUEJRYFVLVcZV1lYtV-FaUlptW69k5217bqpvnnB9cLtzs3Txeqp_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKG0YhCiPGMNo9GkNaTJ5M6lwaa4Jtdm7Wdo6ZXpwinXKiaqZWsP6xZrH-xkLQMtfK31riTu-O9J8HFwzrEosaeykrPZdDQ1U_ZE9sL21ncV90N3nfhiONq6-7wa_Id8pf22vll-ej60vsJ_Kv-j_66

The right side seems pretty good for some fast dmg \ health \ cast speed nodes.

Curious how much the +proj dmg (below scion) adds and how much the spell dmg nodes add. Do you have any estimate of that? Guess +fire / hatred also benefit from this? For the proj dmg i could get +20 str and +16% life instead (scion wheel from shaper on).
Last edited by foojin on Dec 31, 2013, 4:52:29 AM
Looks good. Not enough life in general, but I know you prefer your DPS, so go ahead. It's not like you're squishy either way, and you're not on Nemesis.

Only way to know how much each Cast Speed or Spell/Projectile/Physical Damage adds, is to change gear that has one of those to something else and see the effect per 1%. No other way, as they all depend on each other, and are too hard to tell without testing.

For me, each 1% Damage is about 28 damage, and each 1% of Cast Speed is about 65.

Last edited by CantripN on Dec 31, 2013, 2:50:32 PM
Loving this build! I've been trying out a bunch of different gear, and messing with my nodes, and I'm really pleased with where I'm at now. I never ended up taking MoM as I never really felt like I needed it, tried out a 5 link cloak, but want really impressed. I had a 6 link coil, but I had to sacrifice to much on other gear for the light res. Right now I'm at 16.7k dps(15.6k without ming's), 3.6k life(3.9k without ming's), 75 ele 34 chaos res, just shy of 10k armour, and mid 300s mana regen having the same usable with 4k total. Am also running 5 auras and level 19 AA. The only time I die is from my own stupidity, or shock and awe/map dom, but I've been meaning to test out saffells. Awesome build though, thanks for sharing!

Gear
Spoiler

ign: bdigi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info