"
foojin wrote:
How does this build \ skill compare to things like:
-Inf blow (boxbox's build)?
-EK crit builds?
-How's the single target dmg lategame?
-Why did you pick EK over ST?

Thx.

Infernal Blow, and in general, melee CAN get more DPS with good gear. It's expensive, but it's doable. It's also prone to getting you killed on Reflect, in the case of Infernal Blow.

EK Crit does more damage, as I said, and is also likely to get you killed. If you gear right, you can handle that, but it's at the cost of Life/ES and you'll be squishier. It's more damage by quite a bit, but it's also a LOT less survivability unless you go for ES, and that has it's own problems.

Single Target SOLO DPS is fine, but in a full party, you won't deal as much. Same can be said for any build that's got less than 25K.

ST, like Infernal Blow, can deal more damage with good gear, but it takes more money, and again, at the cost of some survivability. It works well, too. I just happen to like playing casters better, and stacking MF.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 20, 2013, 4:28:53 PM
"
Snapkin wrote:
Thanks for the response Cantrip!

This is my current gear

Stats atm: 2,7k life, 700/4500 mana, 447 mana reg (cloak gives me exactly 100 more regen and pool) 11k dps (only lvl19 ek!) 37% phys mit, 75,75,50,-23. Auras clarity, haste, hatred, discipline and purity of lightning.

As you can see, my lightning resist is not capped even with purity of lightning, thanks to my new shield :). Im solving this problem with a new ring that Im trying to bid at this very moment. Another option would be a godlike rustic sash.

I indeed understand the mechanic of status ailment vs life pool, I was / am trying to fix this with the use of purity of lightning so the hit that comes through 78-79% light res wont shock me. AA handles the fire dmg and chills are getting better with every life node thanks to alpha.
Villa boss still is a huge pain in the ass with his fire degen traps.

My current build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAACGcMfRB_EZYVIBbzFy8YPBjbGYYZihqPHNwdFB2qHpQgnCHDJLAmPCepKPoppSpNLOktgy2oL28vnTGeNZI26T8nRZZFnUZxSshMMk3jTipRTFXGVdZWLVfhW69k526qb55wu3Txeqp9W3_GgKSCHoLHgwmFMobRiEKPRpDWkyeTOpcGmuCbtaZXpwisP6x_sZC0DLXyt9a4k70nwcXDOsSixp7KSs9l0NDZE9sL21ncV90N4YjigONq6yzr7vba-WX56PrS-wn-jw==

You maybe noticed my hard on for cast speed and evasion nodes, this with grace, ir, alpha and cloak of defiance gives me 57% phys mit. I have yet to decide which setup I like more. Damage seems to be pretty fine when soloing. When Im grouping, Im providing a lot of pumped up auras, so my melee friends can go to town, and die to ele reflect they dont usually have to worry about :D

That's some seriously nice gear :)

Still, 110% Life :D That's... fun.

I don't know why, but I can't imagine playing a caster without good MF, though. I mean, it's just so EASY to do it, that why the hell not?

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Dec 20, 2013, 4:10:15 PM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
foojin wrote:
How does this build \ skill compare to things like:
-Inf blow (boxbox's build)?
-EK crit builds?
-How's the single target dmg lategame?
-Why did you pick EK over ST?

Thx.

Infernal Blow, and in general, melee CAN get more DPS with good gear. It's expensive, but it's doable. It's also prone to getting you killed on Reflect, in the case of Infernal Blow.

EK Crit does more damage, as I said, and is also likely to get you killed. If you gear right, you can handle that, but it's at the cost of Life/ES and you'll be squishier. It's more damage by quite a bit, but it's also a LOT less survivability unless you go for ES, and that has it's own problems.

Single Target SOLO DPS is fine, but in a full party, you won't deal as much. Same can be said for any build that's got less than 25K.

ST, like Infernal Blow, can deal more damage with good gear, but it takes more money, and again, at the cost of some survivability. It works well, too. I just happen to like playing casters better, and stacking MF.

Thanks for the fast answers, going to level a new toon using this build. Currently 21 but i guess 50+ is easy before the end of the weekend.

Got a 80 summoner which also uses IR+MOM+AA and it's quite a nice combination.

My goal is this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcRlhUgFy8YPBjbGYoajxzcHRQdqiHDJDwnqSj6Kk0s6S2DLagvbzGeNZI26T8nRnFJUUrITeNVxlXWVi1X4VpSWm1br2TnbqpvnnC7dPF_xoCkgh6Cx4MJhTKPRpDWkyeTOpcGm12btaKjplenCKdcqJqsf7GQtAy18rfWuJO7470nwfPDOsSiykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3Q3hiONq6-7yl_ba-WX56PrS-wn-j_66
Last edited by foojin on Dec 20, 2013, 5:28:46 PM
I'm playing my own version of this build on Nemesis League.
Currently im lvl 91

Passive tree - i have plan to respec some points at lvl 92 and take more dmg
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMIZxGWFE0VIBcvGNsZiho4Go8c3B0UHaoelCHDKPoppSpNLOktgy2oL28xnjWSNuk62D8nQYdFnUZxSn1KyE3YTeNOKlXGVdZWLVfhWlJbr2TnZp5noG6qb55wu3Txeqp_xoCkgW-CHoLHgwmFMod2iPGMdo9GkFWQ1pMnlwaa4Jtdm7WePKIAoqOmV6cIp4Somqw_rFmsf7GQtAy18rc-t9a4k8AawfPDOsSiykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu7Djyl_ba-WX56PrS-wn8xf4K_o8=

I have 5k HP and 900 Mana free for MoM.
My dmg in party is 9800.
WIth Mings Heart its 10700.
Plans for next few days are get 6L Coil, find better neck and wand.

Gear that im using

Ty for good build.
"
Automatorr wrote:
I'm playing my own version of this build on Nemesis League.
Currently im lvl 91

Passive tree - i have plan to respec some points at lvl 92 and take more dmg
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAABLMIZxGWFE0VIBcvGNsZiho4Go8c3B0UHaoelCHDKPoppSpNLOktgy2oL28xnjWSNuk62D8nQYdFnUZxSn1KyE3YTeNOKlXGVdZWLVfhWlJbr2TnZp5noG6qb55wu3Txeqp_xoCkgW-CHoLHgwmFMod2iPGMdo9GkFWQ1pMnlwaa4Jtdm7WePKIAoqOmV6cIp4Somqw_rFmsf7GQtAy18rc-t9a4k8AawfPDOsSiykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3FfdDeGI42rnY-vu7Djyl_ba-WX56PrS-wn8xf4K_o8=

I have 5k HP and 900 Mana free for MoM.
My dmg in party is 9800.
WIth Mings Heart its 10700.
Plans for next few days are get 6L Coil, find better neck and wand.

Gear that im using

Ty for good build.

Looks very good!

I'm just leveling Freeze Mine myself, to test out that silly trick on end-game maps. How do you feel this works with this build? Maybe if as the 6th link we replace Empower/Iron Will with Spell Totem for those fights...?

Be sure to add Empower to Arctic Armor, it adds quite a bit for more or less free. On that matter, Inner Force is something you should really take - it upgrades so many things on you, and just the Arctic Armor buff is worth losing 3 Life Nodes. After all, AA blocks damage, so it's a form of defence, if not your best defense (against most things, anyway).

Last edited by CantripN on Dec 22, 2013, 4:44:56 AM
Level 49 after a weeekend of playing, at cruel dominus now. Bit hard keeping the mana regen high enough to use MOM right now. Working on more aura nodes / higher clarity for that, also using one mana potion.

Got some more questions:
- Why would someone pick more then a total of 100% crit chance nodes?
- How does spell crit work with EK?
- How does regular crit work with EK?
- Does life\mana leech on gear work with EK? Read in the guid that only a gem seems to work?
-And i mean for example wurms molt which has phys life \ mana leech, not sure if that works for EK?

Thanks if someone can find the time to answer these questions.

Any problems because of this in the build below, talking about the top-right crit part:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcMfRB_EZYVIBZvFvMXLxg8GNsZihqPHNwdFB2qHpQhwyQ8JLAmPCepKPoppSpNLOktRy2DLagvby-dMZ41kjbpOrM_J0WdRnFJUUp9SshN404qUEJVxlXWVi1X4VpSWm1br13yZOdnoG6qb55wUnC7cNV08Xqqf8aApIIegseDCYUyhtGHdojxjDaPRpDWkyeTOpcGmuCbXZu1oi6io6ZXpwinXKiarD-sWax_sZC0DLXyt9a4k7vjvSfB88M6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NkT2wvbWdxX3Q3hiONq6-7yl_ba-WX56PrS-wn8xf6P_ro=
"
foojin wrote:
Level 49 after a weeekend of playing, at cruel dominus now. Bit hard keeping the mana regen high enough to use MOM right now. Working on more aura nodes / higher clarity for that, also using one mana potion.

Got some more questions:
- Does life\mana leech on gear work with EK? Read in the guid that only a gem seems to work?
-And i mean for example wurms molt which has phys life \ mana leech, not sure if that works for EK?

Any problems because of this in the build below, talking about the top-right crit part:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcMfRB_EZYVIBZvFvMXLxg8GNsZihqPHNwdFB2qHpQhwyQ8JLAmPCepKPoppSpNLOktRy2DLagvby-dMZ41kjbpOrM_J0WdRnFJUUp9SshN404qUEJVxlXWVi1X4VpSWm1br13yZOdnoG6qb55wUnC7cNV08Xqqf8aApIIegseDCYUyhtGHdojxjDaPRpDWkyeTOpcGmuCbXZu1oi6io6ZXpwinXKiarD-sWax_sZC0DLXyt9a4k7vjvSfB88M6xKLGnspKz2XQ0NkT2wvbWdxX3Q3hiONq6-7yl_ba-WX56PrS-wn8xf6P_ro=

A passive that says +50% Crit Chance with Spell, would give you +50% of the BASE CRIT. In the case of EK, it would go from 5% to 7.5% with just that. So if you want a good crit chance (30%+), you'll need a LOT of those.

Regular Crit on Passives on nodes works on EK as well, but no +% Crit on Weapons, as long as it's no GLOBAL CRIT CHANCE.

Life and/or Mana leech only work with Gems on spells, or one specific item that isn't relevant to EK (one of the new rings). Wurm's Molt does NOTHING for you in terms of Leech.

That tree looks alright, but you need to be aware you'll never get to level 100 for that. Aim for 80 or so.

Last edited by CantripN on Dec 22, 2013, 11:55:02 AM
"
CantripN wrote:
"
foojin wrote:

Got some more questions:

A passive that says +50% Crit Chance with Spell, would give you +50% of the BASE CRIT. In the case of EK, it would go from 5% to 7.5% with just that. So if you want a good crit chance (30%+), you'll need a LOT of those.

Regular Crit on Passives on nodes works on EK as well, but no +% Crit on Weapons, as long as it's no GLOBAL CRIT CHANCE.

Life and/or Mana leech only work with Gems on spells, or one specific item that isn't relevant to EK (one of the new rings). Wurm's Molt does NOTHING for you in terms of Leech.

That tree looks alright, but you need to be aware you'll never get to level 100 for that. Aim for 80 or so.

Thanks for the detailed reply. And indeed, my goal isn't 100, just having some fun thinking of the options if i ever get 90+.

Currently this is my first goal, basically your build. After this is either hp/mana nodes or the 3 fast cast nodes up in the center-top.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABCGcMfRB_EZYVIBcvGDwY2xmKGo8c3B0UHaohwyQ8J6ko-imlKk0s6S2DLagvbzGeNZI26TqzPydGcUlRSn1KyE3jTipVxlXWVi1X4VpSWm1br2TnZ6Buqm-ecLt08X_GgKSCHoLHgwmFMod2j0aQ1pMnkzqXBptdm7Wio6ZXpwinXKiarH-xkLQMtfK31riTu-O9J8HzwzrEosaeykrPZdDQ2RPbC9tZ3Q3hiONq6-7yl_ba-WX56PrS-wn8xf6P_ro=
Got a question to you :D. If i use Lighnint coil, the elemental damage, lets say cold, 40 % enters as Lightning?. If so should i dont care too much about the other resistances???
Thanks in advance!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info