I Cast Magic Missile! - Cantrip's Guide to Ethereal Knives

No fork or chain? Is it too mana-intense?
"
DashDigital wrote:
No fork or chain? Is it too mana-intense?

a) yes.
b) It lowers single target damage, and those are the targets that take more than 1-2 hits to kill.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Which league are you playing in? Other variants of Scion EK take much more life nodes and go for EK linked to blood magic gem. Thanks.
I'm on Dominion, but I can't say I die or play a glass-cannon, really. It's just where my friends are ;)
If you want more Life, you have a lot of those you can take, as you can see by the end-game version. It's just that I don't feel the need for that much life at this point in the build - I will get it a bit later.

I'd say 300%+ Life should more than suffice, no?

As for the Blood Magic Gem, it is an option, but if you can get enough Mana Regen to offset the cost, whatever for? All that Life I'd be regenerating/leeching is better off healing me.
Not to mention, it's a waste of a linked socket.

However, you bring up a valid point with that Regeneration + Blood Magic comment, and it is viable option, saving you quite a few Mana Nodes. Not my choice, but viable. In general, getting more Life Regen nodes isn't a bad idea, and this build has a few within VERY close reach.

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Oct 24, 2013, 5:35:24 PM
Okay great, thanks for the response. I feel like I will be running into mana problems if I want to run both grace and hatred. Nice build though, lays out a great backbone for an EK scion. Definitely bookmarked to read about the success and/or troubles of the build progression.
Last edited by toddduk3 on Oct 24, 2013, 5:37:06 PM
"
toddduk3 wrote:
Okay great, thanks for the response. I feel like I will be running into mana problems if I want to run both grace and hatred. Nice build though, lays out a great backbone for an EK scion.

You can do that, along with Clarity, but you're right, Grace gets added on quite late on the build. I'd say about level 60-70 or so. However, you have Party Members, and when playing alone, running Clarity on Life isn't a bad idea later on - I'm trying to avoid that, but it's not such a bad idea.

Last edited by CantripN on Oct 24, 2013, 5:38:18 PM
IGN: Dmillz
If you're going for EB (and in fact, for anyonne not going into Marauder areas and/or Blood Magic), you should go through the 3 x 8% Mana Nodes instead of 2 x 10 STR nodes. Once node and 20 lost STR is worth the 24% Mana.

Also, why not take a few +% Evasion/Armor nodes, somewhere? IR is kinda pointless if you don't have some of those.

Thanks, btw!

EDIT: You know, I think going into the Shadow Areas might be a better idea, whether you take EB or not. Templar area is just too spread out, and that 3/3/6 Cast Speed Circle! It's only important at level 80+, though.

Last edited by CantripN on Oct 25, 2013, 1:03:41 AM
I'm guessing your next 2 points will net you "Path of the hunter". Did I win a cookie?

I'm actually trying this build (only 20 atm). It's starting to pick up speed. Quite fun trying to hit as many baddies as you can with one throw of them knifes.

We'll see how it goes :) Thanks for posting it!
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip" - Winston Churchill
"
SonOfSon wrote:
I'm guessing your next 2 points will net you "Path of the hunter". Did I win a cookie?

I'm actually trying this build (only 20 atm). It's starting to pick up speed. Quite fun trying to hit as many baddies as you can with one throw of them knifes.

We'll see how it goes :) Thanks for posting it!

You indeed win a cookie! Although, to be honest, taking Life Nodes right now would be smarter... ;)

Glad you like it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info