How much currency do you spend rerolling maps?

This is probably where I go wrong. I just (chisel then) alch once and run it (transmute if below 63). The result of this is that I mostly have to run low level maps.
I value it mod and %IIQ on the map and base it on that.

I tend to use 1 to 4 chaos per map. (+1 alch +4chisels)

"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I used to not like this system. I wanted to be able to play high lvl maps, craft, and have a stash of currency.

Now, I've come to enjoy choosing where to spend my currency. Whether that be in maps, which is around 2 GCP equiv per high lvl, or craft. You have to choose where you wish to gain more power, whether this be from leveling or gear.

This also prevents maps from becoming stale to me as well

I don't get why running maps and crafting have to be mutually exclusive, got no problem with having to grind a shit ton of orbs to do it with but having to do it in the same zone like Fellshrine over & over again is just beyond dull. The whole point of maps is to add so variation to the game after all.

I think you mean running "high" level maps and crafting. You can run low level maps and still craft just fine, but if you want to try to stay in 65+ maps all the time, you will have to pay big orbs for it.

I have no idea why you think you would grind fellshrine over and over again, first its a horrid place to farm for items, and second you can farm in low level maps.

If you dont think maps add a variation to the game, then you need your head checked. I love the map system and it does add just that. I've been going for exp so I'm trying (and spending) most of my money to get high level maps. But if I wanted to farm for gear, I would drop down to level 60,61 maps (which I have a TON of and they are cheap as heck to buy) and run those with high IIQ, likely in a party also.
Vendor matching.

Lol. I don't farm for good items. That's pointless.

I tend to vendor lowbies
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Oct 26, 2012, 2:29:56 AM
we dont all have extra quant from many level 1s in our groups to make any sort of low level farming efficient at all. and we dont all have 50+ stash pages to make masses of regals and alchs /chaos

so all of this getting to choose is a bit irrellevant i havent done a single level 65+ map i spend 80% of my drops crafting maps and just simply failing to aquire a 65+ map ive done 15 level 64s with no 65 and countless level 62s. to get those 15 64s. and atleast 40 63s with only that success? and yah u chisel higher level maps well im chiseling these level 63/64s cause i dont have higher ones. so without tons of stash pages to make rerolling cheap

or extra chars to make exp/drops better at lower level places we do NOT all have that choice and freedom to play as u . and yah mouze u are lucky to run so many 69s. most high level players are there only by luck imo
The system is very solid now that the magic bug was fixed. It costs a lot to craft maps, but it's good, it keeps orbs in high demand and the economy healthy, and prevents end game players from sitting on mountains of orbs.

I much prefer a system where 69 maps are a rare thing, than one where people are running multiple 69 within the first week after legacy migration. The OP is a good example of such a case. If 69 are a common thing, then there's no reason to play PoE anymore after a certain point. My only wish is that higher level maps were actually harder, instead of just being same difficulty and more xp.
My Marauder 3 hour race video guide - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/52146
XP rate for different areas - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53056
Last edited by NotThat on Oct 26, 2012, 9:52:55 AM
"
NotThat wrote:
My only wish is that higher level maps were actually harder, instead of just being same difficulty and more xp.

If they were a little easier to get into but way harder to actually complete that would be a complete win.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
NotThat wrote:
My only wish is that higher level maps were actually harder, instead of just being same difficulty and more xp.

If they were a little easier to get into but way harder to actually complete that would be a complete win.

Agreed. And I'll second (or third fourth fifth) the answer to the OP: Too much. Im now broke from trying to run up to some higher maps, and never got past 66 map, only seen one of those. (It dropped zero maps.)

Dont feel like getting rng'ed out of endgame is fun. Prob just going to start a new char now as I dont feel like running 30+ maps to see exp bar move significantly. I think if the system is designed so that higher level maps are supposed to be rare then there should prob be some additional thing/system to do to help develop char.
I only use transmutation/chance orbs now. I was dumb to waste alchs/alts/chaos on them. You seldom get that kind of return from a map. I mean, for a very high level map (like 69) it might be worth it, because high level maps are so rare, but for maps from 60 to 66, it's definitely not worth it. If I can't run the map my chance orb rolls for me, I sell it.

It's to the point where if I don't have any chance orbs I may just run the map as a white. It's just faster/safer that way and the loot gain for a blue/yellow map don't seem significant enough to warrant currency usage.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
I'll do a much larger post after month race is over, but for starters.

High level maps are ONLY run for exp. You will ALWAYS spend more in rolling than you get back. It's a tradeoff. Do you want crafting mats or exp? Your choice

Second, having tons of stash pages doesn't really help with map rolling cause guess what, if you alch a map, you need scours. Which can be incredibly hard to find.

I have around 9 67+ maps currently, and this is because I spend the currency needed to get the right.mods to pay off. For exp only. I never expect to get 10% back. Hell, even 1% back in what I spend to run those maps
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I'll do a much larger post after month race is over, but for starters.

High level maps are ONLY run for exp. You will ALWAYS spend more in rolling than you get back. It's a tradeoff. Do you want crafting mats or exp? Your choice

Second, having tons of stash pages doesn't really help with map rolling cause guess what, if you alch a map, you need scours. Which can be incredibly hard to find.

I have around 9 67+ maps currently, and this is because I spend the currency needed to get the right.mods to pay off. For exp only. I never expect to get 10% back. Hell, even 1% back in what I spend to run those maps

I guess what Im saying then is that system you are describing there, I dont find fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info