Sui Generis RPG game: wow O_O

Gonna throw money at this when I get home I think.
Game looks really good, i will support these guys.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

ExAnima Beta has just been released by Bare Mettle
Exanima (Sui Generis prelude) made it to Steam Greenlight on March 23rd, and waiting to be greenlit by the community with your help.

Vote YES on Greenlight!

Get access to the beta HERE!

This game is going to be one hell of a unique and unforgettable experience.

Just forget how you define an RPG and uncloister yourself for a while in this uncharted territory.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Mar 29, 2015, 2:48:59 PM
damn this looks sick. thanks for putting me onto this (y)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Kudos! This looks amazing.
"
Grabbed the Exanima beta.

It feels horrible to play.

They went WASD. Seriously. Sure, you can use the mouse but holy shit this is clunky.

Exactly what I thought. Controls, movement and combat are all horrible, like those annoying physics based bike games.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Why would you only release videos to people who already bought it? Isn't the whole point of pre-release videos to make people who haven't already bought it want to buy it? I feel like I'm missing something here.
"
Grabbed the Exanima beta.

It feels horrible to play.

They went WASD. Seriously. Sure, you can use the mouse but holy shit this is clunky.

Thats why I said in the first place forget what you think about how an RPG should be cliches, but what you did is exactly the opposite. Which means things would be getting difficult for you and for people who expect it to play like every other RPG.

Yes, they went with WASD, ever wonder why ?
These keys allow movement and footwork that is crucial to land a hit on your opponent with a weapon, footwork is what gives you initial advantages or disadvantages in this physics-driven game.

Characters can be knocked off balance or even completely knocked over; whether or not you lose your balance is the result of how you control your own momentum and how hard of an impact you receive from an opponent. It is necessary to take precise steps in combat (unlike most other games); therefore, you have to consider the timing and distance between you and your foe in order to successfully parry a blow or to land a strike of your own. Hitting an opponent with the shaft of a weapon will deal almost no damage while striking the opponent with the tip of the blade will have the most momentum behind it and deal the most damage.

I repeat: this is not your average H&S.

Hope this clears your mind.

"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Why would you only release videos to people who already bought it? Isn't the whole point of pre-release videos to make people who haven't already bought it want to buy it? I feel like I'm missing something here.

The point you are missing is those videos tend to be progression videos rather than a show-off for the community; they are made and then shown to us, insiders, so we can give various feedback - just as how PoE previously had alpha members.

Here are few recordings of the game by a friend of mine that demonstrates how a combat could be performed so well yet so smooth;

Naked Expert Arena - Two Handed Sword
Smooth Naked Voulge - Expert Fights 1-5

TL;DR

Judging this game so harshly after so little time spent learning to properly play it wouldn't do justice to devs who are so passionate about crafting their dream game ;)
Last edited by BrecMadak on Mar 30, 2015, 1:54:38 PM
Also good news is Exanima has been greenlit only a few hours ago ! Thanks for your support and interest.

Btw, our friend is streaming now, incase anyone want to check;

https://beam.pro/Murf
Last edited by BrecMadak on Mar 30, 2015, 3:14:23 PM
Heres an accurate demonstration of how the game feels to play:

http://www.totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.tjf
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info