Region lock on Steam.

Six months passed
Game still region-locked
No reply from GGG
The GGG don't give a $...about your puny little tread. They still has game blocked for some regions (mine too). Deal with it, kid.
A long while ago, when PoE first came out, I played the hell out of this game and over time, I stopped. Life went on. I came back to this game just a few hours ago, wondering why it had disappeared from my Steam account. I looked and searched and realized what had happened.

I have just found this thread. Seems to me that Garena has bought over the rights for PoE in SEA region. Can I just share this, and I hope GGG reads this - Garena's history and toxic persona with regards to how they manage gamer expectations in SEA when they end up high jacking relatively good games and ruining it for everyone in SEA by forcing players to use some dog awful crap of a management platform to run the games. We have STEAM. Everyone uses STEAM.

Basically, Garena is the gaming platform equivalent of HIV AIDS. Once they get their hands on relatively good games, you know what happens? They kill the game. They make sure the partner companies region block IPs and make it extremely difficult for pre-existing users to at least migrate.

I'll share with Garena does - they open up their crappy partnership program with the dirtiest, dingiest cyber cafes in South East Asia, provide their sub-par gaming platform, and people start key-logging and hacking the crap out of each other.

I'm actually really sad that GGG decided to partner with them, because for all intents and purposes, anyone who knows just a little bit about the gaming and digital entertainment industry in SEA will know that Garena is just absolutely the worst. I hope Garena reads this. I sincerely do. Thanks for ruining Heroes of Newerth. Thanks for killing Firefall. Thanks for just being the worst thing to happen to gamers in South East Asia.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but going forward, I'm sure there are people out there like me who are affected by the region block, and people who just feel cheated. See you in hell Garena.
Sorry dude but the garena deal is long done and won't be changing

It was also done because the game required a local publisher in asia.

You can still play the game without the need of the garena servers and client, just download the installer from here and install, when you go to log in and choose a gate way manually type Singapore.

And garena won't read this, they have separate servers and forums so unless you or someone else posts it there you are basically pissing into the wind
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info