Region lock on Steam.

im from the philippines and i cannot buy packs through my steam account why???
me too. also from the Philippines. :(
HALOOO!

IGN: KingOfLances -- Domination League
bump'd and seconded this.

Yeah, i'm aching to buy 10 of those smexy premium stash tabs. :(
Up!
Still locked, and I really wuold like to buy new supoporter pack AND get some collector cards for that.
Can anyone from GGG tell clear the situation? It's really frustrating =(
I believe your region is locked on Steam. You were able to install Path of Exile using a non-region link rather than installing from Steam directly from your regional store.

(?cc=us was at the end of your steam link?)

There was another thread on this recently if you need a reference to a post from GGG on the subject. They cannot accept Steam Wallet for your region currently. I am sorry.

Edit: my bad ... it wasn't a post by GGG, but an email reply that a user posted they got from GGG... the link is here
Last edited by Drakier on Dec 19, 2013, 11:40:40 AM
Well, that's sad =(

But thanks for the answer:)
I wanted to play on Steam but couldn't. I googled and stumbled upon this thread and

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/path-of-exile-storms-into-south-east-asia

Very funny move by GGG.
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties playing via Steam. We may be able to add an email address and password to your steam-created account, which will allow you to log in to our standalone client instead. This should allow you to continue playing even if your region is locked on Steam.

If you'd like us to do that, please send a message to our support account containing an email address you'd like added to your account.

In addition, if you're in a South-East-Asian region and want to minimize your server latency you can still log on to our Singapore server by typing Singapore manually in to the gateway box.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties playing via Steam. We may be able to add an email address and password to your steam-created account, which will allow you to log in to our standalone client instead. This should allow you to continue playing even if your region is locked on Steam.

If you'd like us to do that, please send a message to our support account containing an email address you'd like added to your account.

In addition, if you're in a South-East-Asian region and want to minimize your server latency you can still log on to our Singapore server by typing Singapore manually in to the gateway box.
But I want to play it via Steam, because Steam is awesome. Will you unlock POE on Steam for other regions or not?
"
SonicSonedit wrote:
But I want to play it via Steam, because Steam is awesome. Will you unlock POE on Steam for other regions or not?

They have plans with the other regions. They haven't announced what that is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info