Cold-crit CI witch build

few ppl ccounted cast spped compared to dmg nodes and despite cast speed is little better in terms of defence the dmg nodes would always give slightly better dps. If its better at early/mil lvs so why it wonderfully changes in high lvs?

ur saiyng that iam spaming but do u have any proofs on what ur saying?

and i really dont care ur thoughts about my english ;]
"
few ppl ccounted cast spped compared to dmg nodes and despite cast speed is little better in terms of defence the dmg nodes would always give slightly better dps. If its better at early/mil lvs so why it wonderfully changes in high lvs?

ur saiyng that iam spaming but do u have any proofs on what ur saying?

and i really dont care ur thoughts about my english ;]

Cast speed scales better and this is why the values on the nodes are lower than other forms of damage increase. More cold damage/spell damage etc is additive, meaning that if you have 10% cold damage and pick up another 10% you now have 20%. Cast speed (and attack speed) on the other hand is working from your total damage as oppose to base damage and will scale better in the long run providing you have the mana regen to keep it going.

lvl 17 freezing pulse is 155 base damage on average. (124-187)

assuming one cast per second with 155 damage + 150% from passives (spell damage, elemental damage, cold damage etc) would equal 387 dps.

If you added 6% more cold damage you would now be at 397 dps
If you added 3% cast speed you would now be at 399 dps

This isn't taking into account crit or crit multiplier, these things all play off of each other and overall the math for working out what is more efficient depends on way too many factors to be doing seriously for anything other than extreme min/maxing.

if you wanted to argue for stacking damage rather than cast speed a good argument would be talking about how long stuns/freeze/shock stay on mobs since the duration is relative to the mobs total health pool. You would be aiming to strike a balance between both to make sure you freeze long enough that you can reliably get another crit to freeze again. You could also mention running blood rage with a CI build which would be enough cast speed on it's own to get over the 'clunky' feel of casting skills in the game and make your character more responsive.

Instead you aren't really saying anything other than you think your build is better and to make it worse all you are doing is posting silly builds without any proper reasoning (in your post) behind it, that is why people are saying you are spamming...

Happy now?
Last edited by Korgath on Dec 25, 2012, 5:13:56 PM
so the goal is to get as much cast spped and crt multi as possible. hmm so look at this
"
Nekrogoblin77 wrote:

Your not realizing that the crit multiplier only affects the times you crit. Not every single attack. The rest of the time your not critting that multiplier means nothing. Example:

Heres random spell X, it does 100 damage with a 6% chance to critical, and your normal 150% crit multiplier. So on a crit your damage would be 150(100*1.5=150). After 100 casts this would be the damage:

Six casts would be criticals (150dam*6casts=900dam). The other 94 casts would be (100dam*94=9400dam). Add those together for 10,300 dam (900+9400=10,300dam).

Now lets take a 5% spell dam increase node. So new spell damage is 105 (100*1.05=105). Crit damage with same 150% multiplier would be 157.5dam(105dam*1.5multiplier=157.5) After 100 casts damage is:

Six casts would crit for 945dam(157.5dam*6casts=945dam).
The other 94 would be 9870dam (105dam*94casts=9870dam).
Add them up for a total of 10,815dam (945+9870=10,815).

Ok now we will take a 20% crit chance node instead of the 5% spell node. So add 20% chance to our base of 6% is 7.2% (0.06*1.2=7.2). We will round to 7%. So now we have a 7% chance to crit. Heres the damage:

Seven casts would crit for 1,050dam (150dam*7casts=1050)
The other 93 would be 9,300dam (100dam*93casts=9300). Add them up and you get 10,350dam (1050+9300=10350).

Last example, this time we are taking 10% crit multiplier node instead of the crit chance or spell damage. So new crit multiplier would be 160% (1.50+.10=1.60). And the new damage when we crit would be 160dam (100*1.6=160). Heres the example for damage:

Six casts would crit for 960dam(160dam*6casts=960dam).
The other 94 would be 9400dam (100dam*94casts=9400dam).
Add them up and you get 10,360dam. (960+9400=10360dam).

In conclusion:
Base spell over 100 casts = 10,300 dam.
5% spell dam increase node = 10,815 dam.
20% crit chance increase node = 10,350 dam.
10% crit dam multiplier node = 10,360 dam.

"
so the goal is to get as much cast spped and crt multi as possible. hmm so look at this
"
Nekrogoblin77 wrote:

*SNIP*

No

Actually yes. Yes totally.. stack the hell out of cast speed and crit multiplier. Forget the other things exist. It will be amazing, I guarantee it.
Last edited by Korgath on Dec 25, 2012, 5:36:43 PM
Thank you ;] but i feel it was sarcasm
"
Thank you ;] but i feel it was sarcasm

You could be right there

[Seriously though; you don't need to do crazy complicated math. You just need to understand the relationship the attributes share with each other and how they influence each other. It's never as simple as saying Crit Multiplier is always better, or Cast Speed is always better because at the end of the day it totally depends on tons of other stuff. Go do some reading on the mechanics thread, make a spreadsheet or something and play around with changing the values of things and have a look at how they influence each other]
Last edited by Korgath on Dec 25, 2012, 5:46:00 PM
my english isnt as good to understand it properly so i use methods that i can reach(posting)

anyway the thing is to get multiplicative nodes such as cast speed and crt multi, no wait crt multi is addctive

anyway can u post ur point of view on build? i know that much depedn on gear but lecs assume that gear is static

"
my english isnt as good to understand it properly so i use methods that i can reach(posting)

anyway the thing is to get multiplicative nodes such as cast speed and crt multi

anyway can u post ur point of view on build? i know that much depedn on gear but lecs assume that gear is static

There honestly isn't an easy way around learning it. The mechanics thread sums most things up very well. You could perhaps post there asking for people to further explain it but your best bet would be to make a spreadsheet on google docs and enter in the formula to play around with the numbers yourself.

As for the last build you linked, I only play hardcore and it has 0 defence aside from a basic energy shield buffer. From what I can see at a glance you are wasting a huge amount of points going over to the Templar area of the tree and you don't really get anything that affects your character on a fundamental level. Unless of course your aim is to just DPS the crap out of everything in existence.. but like I said I play hardcore only so I tend to roll with the bulk of the passive skills at least somewhat contributing to defence.
There's no point in theory crafting for PvP at this point besides thinking of a general setup (ie, skills to use and if you wanna use evasion or armor or if you wanna use knockback etc). In a game like this it's going to come down to experience to see which overall builds are effective and what counters them. Once you figure that out you can start min/maxing your passives and gear more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info