Cross-league trading is not allowed between long-term and three-month challenge leagues

Love the change in theory, concerned about how this works in practice.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
dam....was gonna play nemesis to milk the currency conv to hc.....was fun while it lasted 1exons-2-3ex hc rip lol
I’d rather die on my feet
Than live my life on my knees

WTB ALT ART DEMIS
Well, I am happy something has been done. I don't even know why RMT players come to this game. They got what they wanted in Diablo 3 and ruined the franchise. It should not be tolerated at all in my opinion. However, we had a pretty stable trading economy in Onslaught from what I experienced so I guess it should only get better from here.
Great decision. I hope they enforce this new rule with appropriate use of the banhammer. Maybe now is the time to give us, players, some chat reporting tools.
not sure how exactly GGG plan to monitor trading between 2 players. Monitoring private messages / whispers?

Love this in theory, not sure about reality.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Booo, you caught me GGG lol. I was looking forward to getting a head start on everyone :) Oh well guess I'll just make a beastly pvp char in standard now. I'm still looking forward to new leagues regardless.

I wouldn't really consider cross trading rmt. I didn't spend a dime for anything. It should be gct(game currency trading) :)
Last edited by Pfinch on Oct 16, 2013, 1:09:21 PM
no response from GGG?

I don't see how this is enforceable, but who am I to question.

I have no currency to convert over to the new leagues, but I still don't see why this should be considered a banable offense. What is the point of old leagues if we never play them, why should we keep anything on them, it's wasting space. Should I just delete all my HC chars since I won't see them again for 4 months? And even if I do come back to them after 4 months why would I play them, after 4 months their builds will be broken.
"
SexyRob wrote:
no response from GGG?

I don't see how this is enforceable, but who am I to question.

I have no currency to convert over to the new leagues, but I still don't see why this should be considered a banable offense. What is the point of old leagues if we never play them, why should we keep anything on them, it's wasting space. Should I just delete all my HC chars since I won't see them again for 4 months? And even if I do come back to them after 4 months why would I play them, after 4 months their builds will be broken.

Your erroneous assumption is that no one plays the permanent leagues during the 4 month leagues. During Anarchy/Onslaught, about 40% of the player base played Standard league and about 5% played Hardcore per GGG. The permanent leagues are a place for those players who prefer a standing league that does not reset every 4 months or so; their utility is not limited to serving as a piggy bank to bootstrap wealth accumulation in the 4 month leagues.
gj i love the idea of allowing trading between softcore to hardcore but disallowing standart or hc to nemesis/domination.

personally i think its exactly how it should be to not give rich players unfair advantage in temporal leagues for the rewards of completing acihevments etc nad getitng higher on leaderboards but at the same time its great:

1_that we can pick either to focus on permanent or temporal leagues entirely,

2_hc race rewards can still be traded for sc currency what is great(no buyers at reasonable price in HC for them anyway),

3_ softcore economy isnt flooded with nemesis exclusive only uniques before time.
Ok, I would like to bring up a few things. First, on the enforcement, most of you seem to think that by monitoring players who get off domination and go to standard make a trade and come back, that should constitute as being proof of cross league trades... I would ask this. In my group we have 1 person who is constantly trading the stuff we RIP with in standard and often times we move from one league to the other where I give him an item and he then trades the person and trades me back the currency before we go back to our other league and group again. If we stick to your method of proving who is and who isn't trading cross league, then that purely "allowed" action will get me and my friend banned. Is that right?

Second, on benefiting players who invested time previously, how is that? Most of the between league trading starts to happen about 5-8 weeks in to the league. I will try to show you how it really doesn't matter at all.

It all starts off even, groups running and the economy is rather decent.

1 week in: the top tier no-life groups are running 72+ maps and are level 84+. They are getting a lot of mainly decent gear to sell to casuals who are between level 40-60 and begin to accumulate wealth to buy gg items.

1 month in: those top tier players are now geared pretty darn well and constantly rolling 75+ maps and selling crafting gear and many other decent to good drops for more than they are worth to casual players. This is where the disparity of wealth starts to show. While most of the new player base and casuals will be either re-rolling for the (x)th time or slowly progressing due to lack of currency and gear the rich will get richer. This is when most of the casuals, like myself, would be able to start moving over some currency to allow us to purchase the items that the upper-tier groups were holding us hostage for which would allow us to progress and start moving up in maps.

I fully understand not doing it in races anymore and that is fine. But at the same time this league has no Demi's and is just about continuing the game in a different challenging state.

The way this is being introduced actually does more harm than good to those who can't afford to no-life. Yes, maybe extremely early someone could buy a super high end item that would allow them to progress ahead of other and accumulate a little more, but at the end of the day they were going to be there before most of us anyway. And now they are taking away an opportunity to compete financially with those who do not work a normal job or have other obligations. I have played this game a ton and was a no-lifer for a while but can't do that anymore. I was truly hoping to have the ability to parlay the 3 or so hours I might have to play each day in to something decent in the new league after several weeks e.g. Lioneye's Glare, etc... I mean even when I was a no-lifer (playing 16 hours a day) and running lvl 74+ maps the best item I ever found was an Alpha's Howl.

While it really does kind of bother me that I won't be able to use any of the currency that I just spent the last 20 in game hours gaining by stripping characters, I will do what's right by GGG. I just think it's pretty short sighted and the people who were complaining were the people who didn't really understand just what benefit it might hold for them. I can guarantee most of them won't be touching the top 200 in the ladder anyways, so why are they mad that those who can be that high move currency over to help themselves do that. Gaining position on the ladder is about spending time playing, not the gear you have. Hell GGG even said that now you can just farm docks to 100. Not a whole lot of gear needed for that.
- Don't Fear The Ripitor
IGN:(Beyond) Ripitornado

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info