Cross-league trading is not allowed between long-term and three-month challenge leagues

Thanks, Chris!
IGN - Unhost
http://youtube.com/nativisions
http://twitch.tv/unhost
Just want to make one more post about this subject in the hope that the developers see this in amongst all these great comments and discussions.

I have really enjoyed the feeling of progress as I'm farming in hardcore league building up my wealth always having in the back of my mind its going to be useful for next ladder/league (not that I've accumulated a lot, have 27 exalted now).

I have no interest in "transferring" these exalts over to the new league but I want to have the option to be able to use my wealth within the game to trade with other players.

For example in the 1 week race before last someone was offering a Lioneye's Glare bow, he was playing a mf-wander so I offered him my mf-flask I had just found for the bow, he wasn't sure he'd be willing to accept that so I offered him two Onslaught exalts with it and we made the deal. He later became a friend and joined our party for the rest of the race.

If I find a very valuable item really early on in the league lets say a Dreamfragment, an item thats worth about 5 exalted orb on hardcore league. Nobody will have currency at that stage in the new league to buy that from me I would still want to bank that item and sell it to someone who needs it for hardcore currency.

By removing these options you are fundamentally changing the game. You take away the feeling of progress as you build yourself up within the game and make it so that there is absolutely no reason to be farming in hardcore.
Everything we have accumulated and all the time we invest in the new leagues is going to be worthless at the end of the league as its transferred into hardcore.

I'm not saying this is all bad.

The game is just moving into being a more casual game now not the hardcore game I started playing. Which is a direction we all knew it had to take to become a success in the grand scheme of things.

Personally I have no interest in starting to use 3rd party websites like d2jsp or any other form of "wealth making" systems but I'm afraid they might be in for a heyday following this.

I just truly hope you've given all this a long and good thought.

"
Exraven wrote:

For example in the 1 week race before last someone was offering a Lioneye's Glare bow, he was playing a mf-wander so I offered him my mf-flask I had just found for the bow, he wasn't sure he'd be willing to accept that so I offered him two Onslaught exalts with it and we made the deal. He later became a friend and joined our party for the rest of the race.

If I find a very valuable item really early on in the league lets say a Dreamfragment, an item thats worth about 5 exalted orb on hardcore league. Nobody will have currency at that stage in the new league to buy that from me I would still want to bank that item and sell it to someone who needs it for hardcore currency.

+1 ;0
What should i do in new league when by first week i would find kaom or shavronee ;0?
Should i wait one month and let players accumulate currency or just try to exchange it for many items + currency?
This step GGG would push players to try other ways like d2jsp...
Finally. I thought that a company "against RWT" allowing cross-league trades to the new leagues was entirely missing the point.
Edit: I'll just say I agree with the change, to save space. It may come with possible baggage, but at the end of the day, it is the right choice.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
Last edited by BoltThrower87 on Oct 17, 2013, 2:41:06 AM
Well that sucks. Thing is you only cancel the small currency converter. The poeple that want to move big amounts will find their ways. In the worst case poeple will sell their standard stuff for real money and just buy back nemesis stuff that would be ironic wouldn't it.

Furthermore i would assume that this also prohibits poeple from offering standard exas for items in the new league so making it impossible to sell shvskaoms or similar before 6-8 weeks into the league ...... horrible change that will simply promote other trading sites leading to more scams, hacks and botting . Not worth investing time enforcing rules like that .....
Ingame @FlubbyEverywhere domination or @Flubbyy default
Massive dmg spectral throw guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/705757/
Old anarchy rich poeple specc: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/508331 (Flickercharge low life ele cleave)
This was needed. The point of new leagues with new ladders is for the reset aspect of it, for me atleast. No point in playing a new league if everything from old leagues can be used in the new ones.
"
xenilix wrote:
"
Redblade wrote:
In theory a nice call, I'm curious how you intend to enforce such a rule though.

this. If it isn't fully enforced it just hurts the honest players.

this
just made a post trying to trade from standard to nemesis, before i saw this post. i sincerely apologize for that. i had no idea this was an issue and ill stop doing so.
IGN : Manavya
I have read from different sources that GGG does IP bans in some situations. I would be interested to know if GGG is going to enforce this "no new league to old league" trade with IP bans?

Best,
Cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
Last edited by Cudez on Dec 2, 2013, 7:54:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info