Map\Zoom hacking in Path of Exile racing.

"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
3. Currently making your windowed instance of Path of Exile be as a thin "rectangle" as possible, allows you to see far more of the map compared to having a window in the shape of a square.

To an extent, yes. Do this too much and you'll start seeing monsters pop in as you get close to them. I would also like to see this fixed. Perhaps by enforcing a fixed aspect ratio of the viewable area (still allowing arbitrary window resizing, but putting black borders at the edges)...?

from some dev post at reddit. So apparently ggg knows about free zoomhack and don't seem to care. Exploit it while you can

This isn't something you should post. If you want to be scummy there is no need to tell others something like this. Hopefully they will take action against people using this crap.
When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Hilbert wrote:
This widescreen zoomexploit makes playing rather unpleasant.

While you see more your accuracy goes down the drain because you must move the cursor far more accurate at melee attacks. And resizing takes time.

On my ranger in CB I still prefered blindfire and listen to hits over this hard to click/target anything close to you.

Especially looking at life and mana is much harder.

And resizing will cost seconds.

Playing 1920x600 would look like that:

Imagine streamers would play like that. All their viewers would go away ;D

there's no need to take it to the extreme like that. Something as little as a little extra view to the additional blue packs hiding behind the houses in sarn (especially the upper left corner that myself at least never bother looking) might end up giving you a huge extra boost.

Oh and Chris is here, everyone scram!
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:

Oh and Chris is here, everyone scram!

2legit2quit
"
Chris wrote:
When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P

I hope so.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
terrex wrote:
"
ZoRoXo wrote:
"
3. Currently making your windowed instance of Path of Exile be as a thin "rectangle" as possible, allows you to see far more of the map compared to having a window in the shape of a square.

To an extent, yes. Do this too much and you'll start seeing monsters pop in as you get close to them. I would also like to see this fixed. Perhaps by enforcing a fixed aspect ratio of the viewable area (still allowing arbitrary window resizing, but putting black borders at the edges)...?

from some dev post at reddit. So apparently ggg knows about free zoomhack and don't seem to care. Exploit it while you can

This isn't something you should post. If you want to be scummy there is no need to tell others something like this. Hopefully they will take action against people using this crap.

It's simply a trick with video settings and a part of the game actually. It's way less scummy than third party software for /oos and logout macros.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
ZoRoXo wrote:

It's simply a trick with video settings and a part of the game actually. It's way less scummy than third party software for /oos and logout macros.

That is funny, you seem to know a lot about it. I'm the kind of person that takes pride in not using anything else that I cannot do myself. No macro, I always have /oos on my paste and up arrow. Seeing where the big magic packs / bigger monster packs for a top tier racer is a MASSIVE advantage. Maximizing the exp efficiency in the route to take to quest.
A chris post in the racing forum?

Well banning a selfowned marcostreaming would be a good start.
I am just a mediocre racer. But there is a huge difference in my performance between a regular race and a fixed seed one. I can get top 200 in the last whereas in the former it is just top 1000.

It is a huge advantage to see the map upfront. You can get lost easily otherwise.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info