Map\Zoom hacking in Path of Exile racing.

Mors and his Five Stages of Maphacking.

1. I can't believe people really maphack in this game. Whats the point of racing if they do that?

2. How the fuck does this motherfucker ALWAYS WIN ITS A GAME BASED ON RNG THATS NOT POSSIBLE.

3. I mean, at this point I'd take anything. If only the code for the map seeding had been different. Maybe we could have done more to bring this to the Devs attention.

4. I don't know, whats the point when so much has been robbed from me and we will never know.

5. In some sense I'm happy something was done. I appreciate that Chris did do something about it finally, though sadly only after a ridiculous shit post of the century on the PoE Subreddit. I get that this was obviously in progress for some time now....

But it was done at the absolute perfect time to "catch" the least amount of people. Chris is not stupid, this has to be on purpose. This "shot across the bow" will probably stop a huge percentage of the current casual cheaters from cheating.

On the other hand, I think its really bad form that we know of 4 confirmed map hackers based on the top 20 reverse didn't win analysis. How unfair for them, that its only them who have been pointed out. Why not point out ANY account above some amount of points who used the program?

These people were obviously using the program for illicit gains in racing, and all the rest of the "for QoL but not using the map hack" argument is pure poppycock.

At one point I was just so angry about cheaters, and cheating in general. I mean look at this shit

http://jstq.vacau.com/compare.php?first=morsexier&second=alkaizerx

I'm 0-18 (my wins are party races). From that point on, when Alk starts streaming PoE racing I'm 7-1 with the 1 loss from the horrible zone structure (I was ahead until last 5 min) in the last zones giving insane penalties. I'm not really surprised anymore when people just attribute my anger to envy, since if they could actually understand my point, they could also win a Demi themselves, and would understand how improbable all that was.

Part of me is of course annoyed about it, and probably always be on some level, but I'm really most upset about how sad I am that what could have been something so awesome, had to be ruined. I'm hoping the future is brighter, and that we do actually get a ban wave or two.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info