Diablo Meets Final Fantasy VII?

They got it right.

I came across Path of Exile when I read about it in the Kotaku article. After reading up extensively on the game, and the developers behind it, I knew this was something special. A bunch of hardcore gamers; being fed up with the utter bull crap on today's market, set out to craft their own game. Something that they themselves would want to play. Best of all, there's no publisher telling them what to do, it's just them, as well as the players. And that's what I love, the direct relationship between the devs and the players, something that games nowadays lack completely.

Anyways, after watching some gameplay on youtube, I was sold. The game's textures and animations look superb, just everything about the initial 15 minutes of what I saw looked amazing, something that I would've never expected from a free-to-play modeled game. Of course, I jumped right in and pre-purchased to get right into the game. I've been playing for about 30 minutes now, and my god am I blown away. I love the gem system, there's just something about plugging in "Fire Arrow" into my "Crude Bow" that feels good. This game is addicting to say the least. And don't get me started on how enormous the passive skill tree is. Solid gameplay, great lore, great presentation, this is literally my new favorite game. Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3 are taking a back seat. There's just a sort of "magic" that the game exudes whenever I'm playing, I just can't describe it. This game is amazing, and it's only in its beta stages? I am a very conscious and picky gamer myself, and this game has satisfied every part of my gaming appetite. Great work you guys, this is an amazing game. I look forward to doing all I can to contribute to the community as well as the game.
Welcome to Wraeclast, exile & enjoy your journey! :-D
Welcome Reptar! Enjoy your journey and don't forget to feed your kiwi! :P

Press M then right click on your kiwi in game to use him
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Welcome overboard!
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
For a mere 200 dollars extra you can get a t-shirt.

The t-shirt will be fucking awesome.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
It was a pretty horrible headline (that's Kotaku for you, I guess), but hey, at least it did some good.
Welcome. And yes, I agree with Gus -- if that article brings only a few good people, then it was totally worth it. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Welcome! Enjoy the endless hours of fun you will have!
RIP Bolto
More like Diablo Meets Final Fantasy VII and X, but yeah. Those two concepts, Materia and Sphere Grid, are exactly what pulled me to PoE in the first place. Perfect additions to what already makes the ARPG genre great.
Welcome, it is fun to try new builds and different leagues and the races....do look for this weekends one :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info