0.9.12w Patch Notes

"
EpsiIon wrote:

Nerfs party drops a little, witch is a little sad, I loved having screen full of loot on end of dungeon bosses

Unfortunately this isn't healthy for the game. There are still plenty of items, just not crazy amounts.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I find it funny that even with the insane drop rates for parties there was never more than one group going in the social tabs. Good luck finding a group after this patch.
Hey just curious as to when Shield Charge is going to be worked on? I know there are more important things, I do feel that skills working properly should have a somewhat high degree of attention.

Thanks!
IGN Suojata
Who told you that you can deploy patches to a whole server cloud so quickly?

@duolc: yes, I am rather creative. However, 80% multiplicative quantity per party member definitely tilts the playing field. Didn't even know this was how it worked, as mechanics thread leads us to believe the bonus is 50% additive.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Oct 16, 2012, 7:51:13 PM
"
I find it funny that even with the insane drop rates for parties there was never more than one group going in the social tabs. Good luck finding a group after this patch.

Unfortunately, the current cut-throat style party loot system deters people from playing with strangers. You're better off playing with a friend if you want to party. It's hilarious when I take my friend's loot :D
So do we have only 3 more patches until 9.13 or are we going to 9.12aa? ;)
"Playing jank off-meta minion builds since 2012"
"
Drakx wrote:
How's the pvp coming along? Any indication on how many more 9.12 patches?

NOPE!
"
Kerios wrote:
"

Unfortunately, the current cut-throat style party loot system deters people from playing with strangers. You're better off playing with a friend if you want to party. It's hilarious when I take my friend's loot :D

You see, this disturbs me greatly. FFA loot is great and all, but it's VERY obvious that this is not something that works. I don't mean to be mean, Chris, but do you ever actually log on and look at the "amazing" "number" of public parties?

The current system actually gives boosters a reason to boost and players no reason to play in parties with strangers.

In the months since I started playing PoE, it's been a VERY rare occurrence to see actual public parties (beyond merciless Fellshrine/Pyramid runs). Usually, if there are multiple parties, those parties only consist of one player each. Because of the FFA system as it stands.

And because I hate complaining about something without offering a solution, here's a solution:

Extend the item pick up window beyond the laughable "amount" of time it is now. Something like 20 seconds at least would go a long way in making BETA TESTERS want to BETA TEST public partying. The fact that BETA TESTERS are not often playing in public parties should have been very telling months ago... Should have been.

Sorry for the rant. Someone used the corrupt-Publisher (EA, Capcom, etc etc etc) term "Entitlement" in another topic and it set my blood boiling. :P
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
Last edited by Sairven on Oct 16, 2012, 7:56:30 PM
i was going through default ruthless today and despite 500-700 people playing globally there were 1-2 parties max in these areas.

with this party nerf (which may be neccessary of course) there is even one less incentive for people to party up and a boost for all "instanced loot nao or gtfo" people as they will use even less partying as an argument that more people are afraid of looters. sad.

whats the devs opinion or plan about how to motivate people to team up in the future because playing in a team is one of the most important things for me in this game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Invalesco wrote:
3 more! just 3 more to go!

unless its not ready and its decided to do 0.9.12.aa ;)
Things with "increased" and "decreased" in the tooltip are additive ... where as "More" or "Less" are multiplicative ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info