0.9.12w Patch Notes

Version 0.9.12w
  • Changed the bonus multiplicative item quantity bonus that occur for parties, so that it's just +50% per additional player. Previously, it was +60% for magic monsters, +80% for rare monsters and +100% for unique monsters. We intended to fix this when we made the party bonus multiplicative a few patches ago, but forgot to, so party item drops were way too high in the meantime.
  • Fixed a bug where Flame Totem was not affected by the damage penalties that the Multiple Projectiles gems conferred.
  • Fixed a bug where Shockwave Totem could not be affected by Increased Area of Effect
  • Fixed a bug in dungeon generation that caused special rooms to replace inaccessible rooms, causing Ambrosia/Amarissa to often be absent.
  • Moved the Prisoner's Gate waypoint closer to the Prison again.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
duolc wrote:
"
Zakaluka wrote:
One solid blow dealt to boosters.

Good work :D

Nothing in these patch notes stops any form of boosting...

It does reduce the item drops for parties at least.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
EpsiIon wrote:

Nerfs party drops a little, witch is a little sad, I loved having screen full of loot on end of dungeon bosses

Unfortunately this isn't healthy for the game. There are still plenty of items, just not crazy amounts.
"
Laellu wrote:
I have discovered a strange issue that I cannot force to happen, but does happen often enough for me to notice. This has been occurring for me for possibly 3 patches. I click to loot something and loot the item next to it. Similarly, I sometimes pick up two items when I click one.

At first I thought I might be mis-clicking or super fast double clicking, but I can say now for sure that neither of these things is the case. When I mentioned this phenomena to a friend they mentioned having had these experiences as well.

This is of course not a critical issue, but a minor annoyance.

Thank you for all of your good work! =)

Could you post this in the bug reports forum so that the right people see it? Thanks!
"
Buzi wrote:
Too all the people saying 'all is fine, nothing needs changing' I'd simply say just look at the number of public groups on the board at any given time and tell me all is fine.

I'd submit one of the primary reasons people are not grouping up as much as they could or would LIKE TO is because of the current system.
I am curious as to why you believe this, and I suspect you're wrong.

Here's some evidence against your position:
This thread recently asked people why they don't play in public parties. At time of writing this post:
  • FFA was not the most posted reason - more people say they avoid public parties because they like to play at their own pace and take breaks when they want than because of the looting system.
  • There were more than twice as many totalled non-FFA-loot reasons for not partying than loot reasons. Many just prefer playing with friends than people they've never met.
  • More than half of the players who did list FFA as a reason for not playing in public parties also listed other reasons they don't play public parties.
  • There were very nearly as many responses from people saying they do play public parties as those who don't because of FFA (3 fewer)

The feedback that you the players give does not support the suggestion that FFA loot is the main reason why people don't play in public parties, and in fact indicates that removing FFA would get only a relatively small number of additional players into public parties.

I'd encourage you to put your own reasons down in that thread if you haven't already - giving your own reasons for why you don't play public parties is more useful to us that speculating about why other people don't, as we know you're right about the first.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Oct 22, 2012, 8:25:42 PM
"
zeto wrote:
Does GGG have any specific plans due to this type of information that will lead to the formation of groups that support the most complained about reasons why they do not join groups? (even if those reasons are not FFA related?) What major walls are currently in place that have been identified that prevent a healthy community of randomly grouped parties?
I don't know if Chris and the others have specific plans - I just read through that thread myself and felt like sharing my findings because they seemed relevant.

Some people will always prefer to play solo, and that's fine - the game is intended to be playable that way. If someone just doesn't like playing multiplayer then there's not much I think we can do about that, other than make multiplayer fun in case they decide to try it out.

The most common reason given was that people want to be free to play at their own pace and not feel rushed / feel like they're frustrating others if they take a quick break - I don't have time to devote lots of thought to the subject, but that doesn't seem like something that's easily changeable by altering how multiplayer works without changing it to the point it's almost not recognisable. It's worth noting that while this keeps people from playing in public parties (and many people did explicitly say it's a reason they play solo), for some this might not stop them plying with friends, who'd be more understanding of taking short breaks or pausing to read all the NPC story text.

One of the other big reasons given was that they prefer multiplayer with friends to public parties (this is where I fall), which of course doesn't indicate that they don't play multiplayer, but that they don't play open parties - several people quoted that they had a big friends list, so to some people public parties seem to be unnecessary as they've got enough friends to always play with some of them.

I don't really have any big conclusions to draw from all this, but I'm not convinced that a low number of parties being open to the public is necessarily indicative of a problem with the number of people playing multiplayer in general (including private parties). I do agree we need to make sure multiplayer is an enjoyable experience and that public parties are at least an option.
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The feedback that you the players give does not support the suggestion that FFA loot is the main reason why people don't play in public parties, and in fact indicates that removing FFA would get only a relatively small number of additional players into public parties.

I am pleased that my thread was of some use to you guys. Saying that, it is what it is & only reflects a very small number of players, I'm not sure its got to the stage where any hard evidence could be gathered from it.
Oh, I agree - I wasn't trying to say we could draw any solid conclusions from it, I was merely pointing out that what little evidence we do have doesn't support the idea that removing FFA, or providing other options, would actually significantly increase the number of public parties - despite the fact I've seen the lack of public parties used time and time again as "evidence" that FFA is bad for the game, without any attempt to back that up.

Basically, I just found the feedback from that thread to be interesting (if not surprising) and worth bringing up here as it was directly relevant to Buzi's post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info