Build of the Week Video #13 and our IGF Submission Video

Good luck! Wooh!
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
"
Chris wrote:
Build of the Week #13 has been posted, which demonstrates Neonspyder's Flame Totem Templar. It's an awesome build, and it inspired me to play a similar character online.

Today we submitted Path of Exile to the 2013 Independent Games Festival. We were allowed to make a video to show the judges, and decided that one about the active and passive skills system would be a good idea. It's available here if you want to check it out. I've disabled YouTube comments on that video.

I think that is a major problem you are having with the balance atm. You are forcing people to go away from melee and to stay at safe distance casting totems and ranged skills. If you can't see that then I think you seriously need to hire a new pair of eyes because PoE is turning into tower defense game.

Comment written with all due respect to you and your efforts.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
My last two builds (both post-migration) are both melee builds. 2h Templar (Merciless) and claw dual-wield Shadow (Ruthless).

I don't feel forced to stay away from melee at all.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
My last two builds (both post-migration) are both melee builds. 2h Templar (Merciless) and claw dual-wield Shadow (Ruthless).

I don't feel forced to stay away from melee at all.

you will when you start doing maps. You will have to play maps with low quantity otherwise you will get rapped by elemental dmg. Oh and yea, do it without totems and stuff and do it within reasonable time frame (as a melee you should be able to do it faster then witches and ranged builds. At least it used to be so. Not so much now).

I am not saying it is not doable, it is just twice as hard now for melees compared to ranged and totem/summon builds. You have to be extra masochistic NOT to utilize dmg totems and shit.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Oct 19, 2012, 9:46:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info