Spectral throw

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It uses melee weapons, but does not perform a melee hit - it throws a projectile, and projectiles by definition are not melee. melee damage modifiers will have no effect, and melee-specific supports fundamentally cannot apply.


http://imgur.com/i6aUWN2

This is a screenshot from a scion gameplay video posted the other day. If melee specific supports don't affect spectral throw, why was it supported with *Melee Physical Damage?

*Could be Multistrike, as both show up as a red M, but it doesn't look like the scion is attacking in bursts of 3.

I really hope this decision is still up in the air, because I would really like to use multistrike with it, and since it works with lightning strike, I don't see why it shouldn't work here.
"
Gerblat wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It uses melee weapons, but does not perform a melee hit - it throws a projectile, and projectiles by definition are not melee. melee damage modifiers will have no effect, and melee-specific supports fundamentally cannot apply.


http://imgur.com/i6aUWN2

This is a screenshot from a scion gameplay video posted the other day. If melee specific supports don't affect spectral throw, why was it supported with *Melee Physical Damage?

*Could be Multistrike, as both show up as a red M, but it doesn't look like the scion is attacking in bursts of 3.
Because that is a holdover from a previous in-development version of the skill - it was at one point (due to a miscommunication) like lightning strike, doing a melee hit, and throwing out a projectile from that. The skill was changed to work correctly being a pure projectile with no separate melee hit, but the support types that had been copied from LS were not changed in time for the build that was taken to the states. Nothing in that build was final, and much of it was unfinished.

"
Gerblat wrote:
I really hope this decision is still up in the air, because I would really like to use multistrike with it, and since it works with lightning strike, I don't see why it shouldn't work here.
It does not work like lightning strike. LS makes a melee attack, which is supportable by melee supports, and has a side effect of creating projectiles. This skill is only a projectile. There is no melee attack to apply melee-specific supports like multistrike to.
"Not a bug, just math." - Vipermagi
So it works with LS than. Correct?

XD
Last edited by SL4Y3R on October 9, 2013 4:13 AM
Spectral throw on crit FTW?... o.O
Doesnt work with melee supports? so i can support it with... faster attacks...? waste of a good skill
IGN: TopcattiRam
Currently 89lvl ci ball lightning on rampage.
"
topcatti wrote:
Doesnt work with melee supports? so i can support it with... faster attacks...? waste of a good skill


that is not a melee support.
ign = ultrahiangle
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Gerblat wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It uses melee weapons, but does not perform a melee hit - it throws a projectile, and projectiles by definition are not melee. melee damage modifiers will have no effect, and melee-specific supports fundamentally cannot apply.


http://imgur.com/i6aUWN2

This is a screenshot from a scion gameplay video posted the other day. If melee specific supports don't affect spectral throw, why was it supported with *Melee Physical Damage?

*Could be Multistrike, as both show up as a red M, but it doesn't look like the scion is attacking in bursts of 3.
Because that is a holdover from a previous in-development version of the skill - it was at one point (due to a miscommunication) like lightning strike, doing a melee hit, and throwing out a projectile from that. The skill was changed to work correctly being a pure projectile with no separate melee hit, but the support types that had been copied from LS were not changed in time for the build that was taken to the states. Nothing in that build was final, and much of it was unfinished.

"
Gerblat wrote:
I really hope this decision is still up in the air, because I would really like to use multistrike with it, and since it works with lightning strike, I don't see why it shouldn't work here.
It does not work like lightning strike. LS makes a melee attack, which is supportable by melee supports, and has a side effect of creating projectiles. This skill is only a projectile. There is no melee attack to apply melee-specific supports like multistrike to.


Wow, thank you for such a quick reply :)

I had a feeling that it was just an old build that hadn't been changed. In that case, am I correct in assuming that the new tag for the skill will not have melee in it, but instead have just Attack and Projectile?

Thanks again for the quick response, and for everything you guys are doing!
"
"
topcatti wrote:
Doesnt work with melee supports? so i can support it with... faster attacks...? waste of a good skill


that is not a melee support.

Indeed. Faster attacks is not melee only support skill. Good job noticing it.
IGN: TopcattiRam
Currently 89lvl ci ball lightning on rampage.
OK, so "Increased Melee Physical Damage" nodes will not work.
And "Increased Damage with Axes" will.

But what about "Increased Damage with One-Handed Melee Weapons"? This will still work because it references the weapon base and not the skill, right?
"
Completed 5 ChallengesUvne wrote:
But what about "Increased Damage with One-Handed Melee Weapons"? This will still work because it references the weapon base and not the skill, right?

Correct.
If you were helped, please pay it forward.
"Fun" is not a winner-takes-all game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info