Official Path of Exile Release Trailer

wait...a trailer that shows actual gameplay instead of a million dollar cinematic that looks nothing like the game itself? wtf is this? :P
Last edited by Nosajio on Oct 4, 2013, 4:08:40 PM
I just came a little...
Exiled for Eternity
Great! I Love You GUYS!!!! <3 :D
'Cause Im in Beast Mode
maybe the video is just for the new class no release trailer.
Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achived.
Sorry that I must say this, but i dont like it that much, and think it is not done very good. The open beta one was much better. But anyway, fuck trailer, the game is the important thing
Its nice
but
I was hoping for a minimalist Cinematic to fit has an Introduction to the game.
Something short and sweet. we already have tones of gameplay trailer, and OB one is by far better than this one.

if money was an issue... i would have forgive you to prostitute yourself to do more Razor like merchandize promotion to atleast have something good for the game.

ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Honestly, i think you guys should make the open beta trailer the official trailer. Its much more likely to draw new players to the game
First of all I like the heroic appearance of the trailer and you guys seem to spend a lot of work to it.

There is one thing though I would change or cut the video in a differen t way, especially if you want to attract new players. Remove the running animations in the video. Actually they are no highlight of this game, but in the video they look even worse not so say funny. So it migh keep new players away that just rate the quality of graphics... And games like the orignal prince of persia 198x or something have shown how much good movement animations can contribute to the game flair.

In general on of the major problems of your running animation is that running faster does in reality NOT mean just to make the SAME movement and move your feet faster. Instead the movement pattern changes. Hence in the game running currently gets an incresingly ridiculous touch the faster the movment speed of the char is...

Offering content might seem better than focusing on graphical details? Right i am sure you did good in this direction, but then dont highlight the black spots of your game in the trailer :)

Btw i spotted a very sexy new armor? So i am optimistic there are many eyecandies in the new version as well...
IGN: “_THE__ROCK_”: level 92 melee ranger
>>>> Tougher than any Marauder, no silly walk or spinal injury and has pants <<<<

Other currently retired toons level 83-85 fitting the description above…
Last edited by Conan_xxx on Oct 4, 2013, 4:29:11 PM
Nice trailer, got goosebumps :)

Edit:

Upon further review, the trailer might have been edited a little better and maybe some cgi from the beta trailer could have been incorporated. Everything before 0:31 seconds into the trailer is really unflattering to the game and all running sequences should have been cut out. Seriously. The running animations look a little stiff. This is the best game I've ever played but we're trying to get more people to play it. All the people I know (the people I'm trying to convince to try it out for more than 2 hours) always have 2 things to say:

- outdated graphics
- game is slow

This is what I was hoping the trailer would address. The second part of the trailer, after 0:31 looks really good (except for the running parts and too many slo'mo - really) But the beginning is really lacking and the extreme closeup of the scion killing that first zombie is really bad. Someone already commented that you should not have done so many zoomed-in scenes. I agree.

I would have the first part of the trailer story told through some CGI, it wouldn't have to be anything fancy, or even without cgi by just panning over the landscapes of the game. Then start at 0:31 where she opens the roots. Play it until the end (without the running parts) and instead of having a 10 seconds ending where all you show is "Freedom Power Revenge" show some endgame content group play with maybe 3-4 short 2 second clips where chars with faster attack speed can show how insane this game can get. The open beta trailer had sequences like that. That's what this needed.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by jan3sobieski on Oct 4, 2013, 5:13:53 PM
Nice!

Tho i liked Open Beta one. This one was similar to other class introductions :)

But maybe this is just Release Trailer. Not the actual game trailer.

In actual game trailer i would expect something from Sonic Mayhem ( like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-7VUFTHWR8 epicness starts at 1:10) and a lot of fast skipping flashy scenery and at the last scene, marauder, with an arrow in his knee, attacks Dominus with the MACE TO THE FACE!
Last edited by WiseGuard on Oct 4, 2013, 4:30:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info