Prizes for new Default/Hardcore leagues

Blegh, 4pm NZ time..

5am where I am! Guess I wont get to level just after migration.

Anywho, having said that..

About the rewards for races, I agree with Manator!

I never really did the races for the sake of winning, was mostly just for the rewards, because I could go map farming all day, or wait for a 3 hour / 1 week race, and gain 10-15 times the currency I would compared to normal gameplay.

Blegh
(Phermi)
"
Metronomy wrote:
"
Thunderflux wrote:
The only thing that needs to be done to make time-limited leagues "fair" (in the sense that you can't boost a character with secondary accounts) is to disable parties. You'd still have people participating on multiple accounts just for the sake of getting more characters to the top, but that'll always happen when multiple accounts are allowed per person.

I would definitely be interested in such a race.
LOL disabling parties in the main HC / default leagues. I can see Chris doing that if I piss him off.

I meant weekly race leagues :P

Disabling parties in the (hardcore) default league would be terrible o.o
"
Thunderflux wrote:
I meant weekly race leagues :P

Disabling parties in the (hardcore) default league would be terrible o.o
Oh I know, Im like a temptress, Im tempting Chris.
With the upcoming lvl 28 pvp league, it's definitely a gread idea to stop rewarding currencies for 3 hours race, if not doing a twink is going to be a cakewalk
I had the (crazy) hope to see a better reward for the month race though, like the possibility to design a unique
Of course this happens when my workload is peaking.
:(
"
Manator wrote:
"
Burgingham wrote:
"Easy rewards"

People who stay alive in races up till very high levels earned their rewards. They are by no means easy. Case in point? People complaining about others getting these rewards.

Those easy rewards as you call them are one of the major incentives this game has a long term appeal to me and many others. I want there to be many, many more races once this game goes live. Not less or none.

Staying alive till 60 lvl isn't hard. I haven't played a lot but i still managed to get with one of my chars up to lvl 60 without dying, so it is not a problem for a more experienced player. I don't complain about others getting rewards, i just want them to be adequate.
I can't participate in races, because i have a job, real life issues and so on.
But i play this game and tell you, i haven't had GCP or above (in terms of trade value) orb drop in a whole playtime, tell me THAT is rewarding.

"All characters over level 60 will receive 32 random currency items.
All characters over level 50 will receive 24 random currency items.
All characters over level 40 will receive 16 random currency items.
All characters over level 30 will receive 8 random currency items."

Do not tell me those rewards quoted above are hard earned. I bet you can get several exalts or divines or GCP, because "These are weighted equally".

Now please play a week and tell me how many you find.
If you want to know REAL value of these orbs, just remove rewards from races and watch them skyrocket.

If you want to play races, be my guest, but this is not supposed to be main income of high valuable orbs.

It is rare that you hear such melodramatic nonsensical trite as this poster has made here. Seriously pal, that whole statement is nothing but a rant on other people who play more than you do, it is a game and who the hell are you wanting to penalize people for how much they can play or want to play on a game, it is their time, get off your high horse and shut up.

Your labour problems and your life commitments mean nothing to anyone else, the game is not designed just for "you" so stop acting like a damn toddler.

GGG have done a great job of catering for most people.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Manator wrote:
"
Burgingham wrote:
"Easy rewards"

People who stay alive in races up till very high levels earned their rewards. They are by no means easy. Case in point? People complaining about others getting these rewards.

Those easy rewards as you call them are one of the major incentives this game has a long term appeal to me and many others. I want there to be many, many more races once this game goes live. Not less or none.

Staying alive till 60 lvl isn't hard. I haven't played a lot but i still managed to get with one of my chars up to lvl 60 without dying, so it is not a problem for a more experienced player. I don't complain about others getting rewards, i just want them to be adequate.
I can't participate in races, because i have a job, real life issues and so on.
But i play this game and tell you, i haven't had GCP or above (in terms of trade value) orb drop in a whole playtime, tell me THAT is rewarding.

"All characters over level 60 will receive 32 random currency items.
All characters over level 50 will receive 24 random currency items.
All characters over level 40 will receive 16 random currency items.
All characters over level 30 will receive 8 random currency items."

Do not tell me those rewards quoted above are hard earned. I bet you can get several exalts or divines or GCP, because "These are weighted equally".

Now please play a week and tell me how many you find.
If you want to know REAL value of these orbs, just remove rewards from races and watch them skyrocket.

If you want to play races, be my guest, but this is not supposed to be main income of high valuable orbs.

I really agree with this. We'll probably experiment with different prize structures in the three-hour leagues that feed into the new default/hardcore. They're meant to be about racing for the sake of racing, rather than about getting more wealth than you do through normal play. Having said that, there will still be some prizes. More information in a few days, I guess.

I think it is a great incentive to get more people involved by giving rewards, I feel it would be really stupid to take this away because a "few" people cry about it.
Last edited by Desbris on Oct 8, 2012, 8:28:56 AM
Let's keep it civil guys, no need to attack anyone... I agree that event prizes are out of balance. I've been playing for over 2 months, 3 or 4 hours per day on average, and I've never seen an exalted orb drop, yet I've gotten 2 from the few events I've participated in.

Either real orb drops need to be increased, or event prizes lowered, because right now, hands down, races are the easiest way to get rich.
"
Laellu wrote:

I think all of the people worrying over orbs from events need to drink the kool-aid already and just jump in with the rest of us that are having so much fun. =)

Well, that is just presumptuous. I am having fun when I know I can win something. That does not necessarily have to have anything to do with finishing in the top 10. I do not have the time for that either. I do however play to win, play to become better, play to advance. For that I need an incentive and it should be something related to the game.

I find the award of real money a lot more questionable than of in game items. And that seems to be the road GGG wants to take.

The problem really is that GGG thinks it is good game design to choose the RNG over player skill. They rather want you to get (unbelievably) lucky and drop exalteds in game than to work for them.

We can discuss about the output from races being too high. I think I actually agree with that. But their incredibly dull crafting system asking for hundreds of valuable orbs to forge a single piece of good equipment compared (or much more likely blow them for nothing) in comparison to the low drop rates is ridiculous.

I have a lvl 76 and 5 chars between lvl60 and 65. I have not seen a single exalted drop. How on god's green earth is that good design? Especially when the game encourages you to make dozens of different characters. In the end you will maybe have a single good piece of equipment on one of them.
Last edited by Burgingham on Oct 8, 2012, 9:05:29 AM
I couldn't give a rat's arse about the weekend races.
People are getting all flamey about currency races. As a hoarder, maybe I should throw my hat in and participate, but I'd rather play at my own pace without the competitive stress. At my work, I deal with enough type A competitive personalities as it is. No need to bring these home to the virtual as well.

I'm wa-waing at the fact that Chris turned the default and hard-core ladders into a race until open beta. Top 20? come on, why not top 200?
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info