The Self-Bump League: Just a Dream? (Now with Dev response! page 10)

No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
I see some shock wave proliferation support gem on dat skill
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Keeping it at the top of the page.

Bump.
Hi

You know what I love about this post no one has yet to really discredit what I suggest a NCSBNL(Non competitive self bump narcissism league) should be. All I have read is constant BS about half truths and the bottom line is that GGG is about forcing people to create new threads and SB is supposedly possible but if anything it hides a dark secret that this game is unbalanced in its threads and replies and will inevitably force your character to create a new thread. What gets to me the most is the people against this option have huge postcounts from creating new threads and like thats is harder then SB?, you must be joking.

SBL+ 1

cheers to all that see the possibilities of SBL OR NCSBNL(Non Competitive Self Bump Narcissism League)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I was bored and saw this was on the next page.

BUMP.
Hi)

That's essentially what I've been against throughout this entire thread: players are suggesting the "need" for a new self-bump league, not because they wish to play self-bump, but because of something else. Wouldn't it make more sense to fix the something else?

In the same way, I know that if a SBL is ever created, major balance issues will continue to persist in both SBL and the old leagues, because it doesn't make sense to make SBL more like the old leagues, or the old leagues more like SBL. That perfect balance will become impossible to achieve.

The biggest downside is that it fails to properly identify the core problem, and thus fails to identify the proper solution.

Don't get me wrong here: there are a lot of you. Something has irritated all of you. There is a problem. It's just that it's not properly identified.

So, what is it?

It can't be only that Bumping is distasteful. If that was the only problem, you'd simply opt not to use it. So that's not it.

It can't be that Bumping is overpowered. Bumping follows the Law of Conservation of BumpLooting — although one player might profit, the global profit of all players added together is zero. So that's not it.

What is it, then? That the game is pushing you to Bump. It might not be OP to Bump, but it is an expected function. Saying "BUMPING is OP" is ludicrous, but it's no stretch to say it's required, and a similar argument could be made about bumping.

So then ask yourself: what pushes players to Bump? What mechanic transforms this from a truly optional behavior, into an expected one?

While you're at it, ask yourself if removing the ability to perform an action (bumping, in this case), without removing the push — the mechanic in the game which causes that behavior to be expected — is really a good thing, or sealing up the one valve that was used to relieve all that pressure which was building up, and thus making the situation even worse. If, for some reason, we aimed to remove the pressure on players to bumper items, would the answer be simply to remove the bumpers and replace it with nothing, or just say "fuck it" and increase bump rates in compensation? Would that really make the game better?

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Oct 15, 2013, 1:49:42 AM
ITT: Scrotie decides Finkenstein isn't that bad after all.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
ITT: Scrotie decides Finkenstein isn't that bad after all.

Spoiler

BUMP
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Oct 15, 2013, 7:09:22 AM
Spoiler

This is getting really fucking stupid.

What the fuck is the point of this...?

I know it's off topic but shit....

People are clearly wanting a fucking Self-Bump League, and GGG won't even respond to this thread...

Learn to make a better game, GGG.

I'm really sorry for the profanity, but I've had enough.

Self Bump League or I'm taking my $50+Stash tabs donation back and quitting the game.
The Russell Wilson Era

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info