Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

Hi!

If I use Infernal Blow and Avatar of Fire, and the Fire damage from my Melee skill is enough to Stun the target, would I get Endurance Charge?

Of even if I don't have AoF, how it calculate the damage from IB (50% Physical 50% Fire) to Stun and get Charge?

Stun doesn't care about the damage type. It's not something special for Physical damage.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
Xapti wrote:
If you 1-shot a monster with this can you still gain an endurance charge?
one shotting monsters grants a endurance charge from this gem because it qualifies the damage calculation needed for stun chance still.
While this is true, after some testing, I learned that there seems to be a bug with freezing.

Either if the attack freezes the target, or the target is shattered (I'm not sure if the first case is bugged, but I know the 2nd case is), this support gem will not trigger.

I'd speculate that an infernal blow explosion could possibly have the same problem if specifically the shatter is the culprit (although the freezing might be the culprit).
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Nov 15, 2013, 10:51:23 PM
"
Xapti wrote:
While this is true, after some testing, I learned that there seems to be a bug with freezing.

Either if the attack freezes the target, or the target is shattered (I'm not sure if the first case is bugged, but I know the 2nd case is), this support gem will not trigger.

I'd speculate that an infernal blow explosion could possibly have the same problem if specifically the shatter is the culprit (although the freezing might be the culprit).
this is a completely different topic. if a mob shatters, there is no corpse to explode. freezing can happen without a stun, glacial hammer (doesn't) help with this. everything else, i'm not sure what to say, it typically requires a lot of cold damage to freeze from a non crit, half as much to stun but still...
mechanics of freeze, such as "mob dies if below a threshold hp", is unknown to me and i never had it happen. if foe was low enough hp for something like that to happen, it was already going to be killed outright.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Stun doesn't care about the damage type. It's not something special for Physical damage.

OK I understand that. Also Scrotie explained in detail in other thread.
I just want to know if they calculate the COMBINED damage in that one attack to stun.

lets say monster have 100hp, and I need to deal 20% of its HP to stun.
I use skill Infernal Blow which is 50% physical and 50% fire.
lets say I deal 30 damage which is then converted to 15 physical and 15 fire.
Do I stun the monster and get endurance Charge or not?

btw, if I use IB and Blakcgleam 50% would all physical convert to fire? and if the fire damage is enough to stun is it considered Melee Stun and get a charge? from the answers I have been given I would say yes, but maybe someone can confirm it?
"
draygourn wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

OK I understand that. Also Scrotie explained in detail in other thread.
I just want to know if they calculate the COMBINED damage in that one attack to stun.

lets say monster have 100hp, and I need to deal 20% of its HP to stun.
I use skill Infernal Blow which is 50% physical and 50% fire.
lets say I deal 30 damage which is then converted to 15 physical and 15 fire.
Do I stun the monster and get endurance Charge or not?

btw, if I use IB and Blakcgleam 50% would all physical convert to fire? and if the fire damage is enough to stun is it considered Melee Stun and get a charge? from the answers I have been given I would say yes, but maybe someone can confirm it?
stuns only need these things:
1) melee attack damage
1a) all damage
1b) bow, wand, unarmed, and all other weapons apply
1c) skills work
2) foe's hp
2a) ignores party count hp increase.

if you somehow dealt only chaos damage, that will still stun. it only care how much damage you deal and that it is an attack. there is nothing else to be confusing.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
this is a completely different topic. if a mob shatters, there is no corpse to explode.
I'm referring to the fact that an infernal blow explosion may have this same problem with endurance charge on melee stun as shattering has (if shattering is the problem).
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
Freezing can happen without a stun, glacial hammer (doesn't) help with this. everything else, i'm not sure what to say, it typically requires a lot of cold damage to freeze from a non crit, half as much to stun but still...
mechanics of freeze, such as "mob dies if below a threshold hp", is unknown to me and i never had it happen. if foe was low enough hp for something like that to happen, it was already going to be killed outright.

Oh I know a freeze could happen without a stun, but that's impossible when I'm 1-shotting monsters since the damage they take would guarantee a stun.
I guess it's true that a shatter could also occur while dealing very little damage, but that's again not my scenario since the monsters are getting 1-shot.

While I still 1-shot shatter some monsters on level 66+ maps, an easy way for anyone to test is if they just go to a very low level area.

I didn't use Glacial Hammer for the test (GH is the only way to instakill a frozen monster below 1/3 life; regular freezing doesn't do that). I presume glacial hammer would have the same problem though due to it causing shattering just like an ordinary shatter.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
So Lightning Strike's projectiles can proc End Charge on Melee Stun - even if nothing is even close to melee range. I've tested this, I think, conclusively.

Intended or bug?

Last edited by mojoz on Nov 16, 2013, 9:31:43 AM
@mojoz: i answered you on lightning strike's page, don't double post however this thread would've been more relevant anyways.

@xapti: the explosion of infernal blow requires a kill to happen first. maybe the game is "skipping a step" because if endurance charge gain on stun isn't considered. at this point yes a dev needs to look into this. i am not sure what to say.
When you hit something with Infernal Blow (including the splash from Melee Splash support), that's melee damage.

When a death explosion caused by Infernal Blow hits something, that's not melee damage.

The two effects are separate hits. Either or both of them could stun. But you only get an Endurance Charge if the melee hit stuns something.

I've noticed that if you shatter a monster, you *never* get a charge, but if you kill a monster in one blow and it leaves a corpse, you always get a charge unless the target is stun immune (100% damage => 100% chance to stun). Maybe some similar weirdness is happening with IB, where stuns against a dead monster count if it leaves a corpse, but don't count if the monster is annihilated?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info