Endurance Charge on Melee Stun

Post your feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Mar 25, 2016, 3:50:42 PM
My thoughts:

The gem triggers pretty much with any attack that deals physical damage on white/blue, even yellow mobs. Problem is with bosses with tons of hp on high maps it doesn't, and those are usually the times when you could most benefit from constant charges. So if your build is relying on endurance charges you will still have to carry enduring cry around with you.

Most end-game melee links are already super heavy with mandatory gems and there is no space for a gem that doesn't contribute in any way to dps or doesn't give any special effect you can't get from anywhere else. You can already get endurance charges from 2 other skill gems.

Instead of this gem there should have been a blood rage like buff with a drawback, that gives endurance charges on melee kill.

I can't label this gem "completely useless" because there could be specialized stun builds that benefit from it more than the average melee build would. But definitely not something I ever plan on using.
"
drakar8888 wrote:
I can't label this gem "completely useless" because there could be specialized stun builds that benefit from it more than the average melee build would. But definitely not something I ever plan on using.

My thoughts are for the Templar, Lightning Strike, Tempest Shield Builds.

- It's a build with lots of stun already, and right near increased stun modifiers
- An awesome way of getting your tankiness up with a minimal of effort
- Very newbie friendly. I'm still a newb (don't get me wrong) and i prefer to only use abilities that i can use with the 3 mouse buttons. When i have to try and figure my keyboard into it...it starts getting complicated for me. Now the warcry abilities are really clunky to me anyway...that + fiddling with the keyboard equals me not paying anough attention and wait wha...*Dead*...

So yer...support...I dont have to do a damn thing.

Lighting strike - Increased Physical - Increase Elemental - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Multistrike - Fork

^^^ So very very newbie friendly and I like that. Gonna get this soon on my Templar so I'll post again on the results
"
drakar8888 wrote:
My thoughts:

The gem triggers pretty much with any attack that deals physical damage on white/blue, even yellow mobs. Problem is with bosses with tons of hp on high maps it doesn't, and those are usually the times when you could most benefit from constant charges. So if your build is relying on endurance charges you will still have to carry enduring cry around with you.

Most end-game melee links are already super heavy with mandatory gems and there is no space for a gem that doesn't contribute in any way to dps or doesn't give any special effect you can't get from anywhere else. You can already get endurance charges from 2 other skill gems.

Instead of this gem there should have been a blood rage like buff with a drawback, that gives endurance charges on melee kill.

+1.
IGN: Mortezzah, prolly playing on character Gellig
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590, for an end-game boss tank guide.
"
Psycannon wrote:
"
drakar8888 wrote:

My thoughts are for the Templar, Lightning Strike, Tempest Shield Builds.

- It's a build with lots of stun already, and right near increased stun modifiers
- An awesome way of getting your tankiness up with a minimal of effort
- Very newbie friendly. I'm still a newb (don't get me wrong) and i prefer to only use abilities that i can use with the 3 mouse buttons. When i have to try and figure my keyboard into it...it starts getting complicated for me. Now the warcry abilities are really clunky to me anyway...that + fiddling with the keyboard equals me not paying anough attention and wait wha...*Dead*...

So yer...support...I dont have to do a damn thing.

Lighting strike - Increased Physical - Increase Elemental - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun - Multistrike - Fork

^^^ So very very newbie friendly and I like that. Gonna get this soon on my Templar so I'll post again on the results

The results will probably be that the projectiles aren't melee attacks, so won't generate charges. :P
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Will this generate charges when an enemy would be stunned but is otherwise slain? If the enemy must survive the attack to generate the charge, then I suspect this gem will be too difficult to benefit from to be competing with a fourth or fifth linked dps or life leech gem slot, excepting niche builds that crop up over time to maximize its benefit.

Really hoping I can use this to help sustain IC, as the extra EC, Curse, Attack, EC, IC, Attack, etc... Gets kind of clunky.. Too much time spent not making things asplode, and being able to drop even half as many EC uses, if not all except to keep charges refreshed, or just to swap WLM for Enfeeble... would make a huge difference. Less time managing between-attack skills means more time attacking, and that's a big meta buff to melee which by its nature already spends less more between attacks by moving into position.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Does anyone know if this skill gives one charge per attack, or one charge per hit?
"
Shmez wrote:
Does anyone know if this skill gives one charge per attack, or one charge per hit?
grab ground slam to test then. or link the gem into the forums and someone will answer based on wording.
"
Shmez wrote:

One per attack. Tested it with leap slam.
If I don't reply to a bid, or won a bid, contact me in game, or send me a PM!
IGN: Casaub
new idea that came to my mind:

- using it myself the price is too high to pay (one less link) and i dont mind using end.cry (i cast end cry and molten shell automatically anyway) so..

zombies

zombies deal enough dmg. their issue is a) pathing b) survivability.

zombies with 3 end charges are WAY tougher than zombies without.

try it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info