[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

At first glance this build is very much alive. So far i have no problems to keep my charges up ( all of the them ). The survivability is better and the damage is ... astronomical ( compared to what it was before ). I'm at ~10k per hit with 10 hits per seconds so that's 100k DPS. And all that with 13 unspent passives.

Using Hatred + Herald of Ash and having Revelry + Mana Flows allows me to cast with mana without any problems at all.
Overall i'm pretty excited to see that it turns out well. More testing is required before i update the guide tho , but you can check out the tree somewhere in the past few pages. If you have question i'm here to answer them.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Im glad the build is still alive, i've always played flicker and if the build went to trash i would just stop playing PoE. Although im sad for the Blood Rage nerf to frenzy chance, im glad the degen dmg changed to physical, and the buff to frenzy charges (4% MORE dmg) is just AWESOME. I currently have 8 frenzy charges, still have to got a corrupted amulet and now theres also a jewel to get another frenzy charge from the tree. 10 frenzy charges = 10% life regen and 40% MORE dmg... Cant wait to test it, too bad im working the entire weekend. Now i'll have to the adapt the auras, was running hatred, grace, ash on an alfa howl, i guess i'll drop grace and change the blood magic gem for an added fire dmg and cast flicker on mana, just thinking what i should do to alfa howls, i guess i'll change it for abyssus (im running 2h sword crit, cant wait to put my hands on a maraketh 2h sword with implicit crit chance), but without grace i guess the one shot deaths are gonna become a pain in the ass, maybe fortify can help with that. Maybe i'll buy an enlighten gem and keep triple aura, if i happen to find a cheap one (i doubt it, lol).

Edit: k, i just checked poe trade and people are selling enlighten for a few chaos, i guess triple aura it'll be :)
Last edited by HyP_ on Jul 11, 2015, 10:34:41 AM
Would you say that it's still viable with a good two hander on a Duelist still or would you keep to your new shadow tree now?
Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades.
Raven! Raven with me!
@Pocket_Fluff

Shadow tree? What shadow tree? I never used a shadow tree? If you mean the crit one that's an entirely different build :)

This one with a good weapon works fine now for all that i can see.

Which one is better .. i can't really say ... but i don't plan to make a crit shadow flicker striker anytime soon ( or at all )

@HyP_
Fortify do helps a lot and becuase of the reflect changes it is not that bad to go full flicker damage .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Ah OK, cheers!

Would a two hander still work? I imagine weapon choice can come a bit later though right?

EDIT: And would you suggest going right or left on the tree first?
Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades.
Raven! Raven with me!
Last edited by Pocket_Fluff on Jul 11, 2015, 10:47:38 AM
Build, if anything, is working out better for me after the patch. Thanks for this great guide. :)
@StealthTM
I'm happy to hear it ^^

@Pocket_Fluff
I'd say probably go for Resolute technique first then rush to Phase acrobatics.
As for a weapon .. i'd suggest that you start using 2h weapon from .. well from level 1.
huh. you start over, or this the char in standard still working?

I had flicker ranger in the old league was trying to remake. yes its a dw/sword/crit, but the basic idea on frenzy gen was the same.
(I did not actually try playing THAT ranger)

The new one. Is having a hell of a time. blood rage is simply not remotely enough early.
Maybe when its fully fleshed out. 7 or more frenzy charges instead of 3-4.. more damage nodes. full 5 link vs 3 link..
Well man you are talking dual wielding vs 2h. In a flicker strike build like this one it's all about the damage per hit and not about the DPS. While dual wielding you just don't do enough damage to one-shot monsters so you can't generate frenzy charges fast enough... even with crit. Don't get me started on Dual wielding and flicker strike ... flicker strike is a single hand attack and by dual wielding you just alternate hands .. not really gaining much out of it. It wasn't that big of a problem when blood rage used to give a charge whenever you kill but know it becomes even clearer why dual wielding flicker strike is a bad idea.

Basically you are doing an entirely different build and you ask here why it is not working... :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 11, 2015, 12:41:48 PM
thats the same argument you had before although.
It was a question of kills per skill use. And DW did that just fine before. (it may be a fully geared/passived/gemed DW does as well)

But, I'm saying, leveling now with DW, you used to be able to start flickering basically as soon as you got blood rage. NPCS are exploding around me.. but just not getting frenzy charges reliably.
Are you commenting from a new char doing flicker with 2h, or are you just using the same level 80whatever?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info