[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

After the nerf of +X% max resist nodes lightning coil is not the same and in my opinion it's not really worth it anymore.
If you want ar/ev chest go for the Daresso chest
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well looks ok although i find the crit chance a bit low. Are you sure that its 400% from the tree ( or perhaps it's a total increase from tree + gear + gems ) ? Because it is 210% ;)

Having only 4 frenzy charges is not the end of the world tho it will hurt your life regen and your damage, and of course having less charges stored means that it is more likely to run put of the them when you face bosses.

If you go for the IR version i'd suggest that you free some points for Thick skin and the extra frenzy charge ... although i don't see what you could drop to take them instead.

Think you are missing the 190% crit chance with 2 handed weapons. so yea its a total of 400%.
Dont think the extra frenzy charges will effect my damage too much considering i am going more crit based. Only thing i am worried about is my mana. Might just run blood magic with life leech not to sure how it will work out
Don't forget that Blood Rage gives you massive life leech boost.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
After the nerf of +X% max resist nodes lightning coil is not the same and in my opinion it's not really worth it anymore.
If you want ar/ev chest go for the Daresso chest

LMAO.

Dropped for me a couple of days ago. I am absolutely going to try it out. Looks pretty cool and it's got decent stats.

Really not seeing that LC made a big difference. And PoL capped out at +2% because of my intelligence and i'm really not interested in chasing intelligence on gear.

The other really interesting thing which dropped for me was an Alpha's howl. Not seeing that it's really that useful to the build though. But those aura bonuses and reduction are quite tasty. Would allow me to run grace + hatred with enough left over to run skills, but it will also put me back into resist capping hell.

Meanwhile I'm flicker full time when solo. Having an absolutely great time with it.

I'm running from mana but it took me 6% mana leech to make it work. i can _still_ run dry on frenzy because my mana pool caps my regen at about 75/s right now.

thanks very much for your continued advice!
I'm currenly have flicker on a 5l axe with blood magic, melee damage, multistrike and melee splash, also running hatred and herald of ash.
Should I drop one of the auras and swap blood magic for fire damage? Like, Will i really need the damage once I start doing maps.
Currently level 60 on merc act 3, not having trouble DPS wise right now.

And something I wanted to ask can these uniques work with the build?
Wings of entropy
Meginord's girdle
Abyssus
Last edited by Sammun on Sep 17, 2014, 9:58:17 PM
Nice
Meginord is a good belt indeed.
Abyssus - the flat damage is not worth it. While it provides nice dps boost the extra physical damage taken is unbearable .. you can't block or your block chance is low ( if you se staves ) and reflect will destroy you , so will some physical damage dealing bosses.
Wings of Entropy - a nice weapon when it comes to defense ... not that great when it comes to offense... you have only physical damage increasing nodes and support gems and the elemental/chaos damage that the WoE gives is practically useless.

About your dps ... it's always good to have more dps!
Awesome build, having a lot of fun.

Usually destroys maps, but the life degen from blood rage kinda sucks and kills me if im not watching my health. Luckily I'm not hardcore.
Are you using Blood Dance boots? With them and ~4 frenzy charges ( + the regen from the tree ) you are not loosing any life at all .. you are actually gaining life.
Since this keeps coming up as a concern (since it's not a CI build).

Based on level 20 gems.

blood rage degen is 3.8%/s

however, if you are -60% chaos resist, you get a 1.6 multiplier.

Thate means 6% degen/s.

You get regen of 1%/frenzy charge using blood dance.

you get 2% regen early on in the tree, and even more later on (110 point tree).

4 frenzy charges (4+2 = 6% regen) will keep you even AND you get life leech (6% !) from blood rage so while you are attacking you are leeching back. But really why are you running this build with only 4 charges ? You really should have 5 or 6. At that point you are running at least 1% ahead, even with -60 chaos resist.

Get even a little bit of chaos resist and you start running even farther ahead of the degen. 0% chaos resist is a very worthy, and attainable, goal and you will give you an additional 2.2% life regen, which is a lot.

Yes, you need to make sure that you have a life flask handy when the frenzy charges run out :-), otherwise you are good to go. It's not the degen that's going to kill you, it's the bosses...

HTH.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info