[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well man ... what can i say .. you miss a key component of my build - Acrobatics and phase acrobatics .. they are essential and pretty much a game changer. On top of that you are using a lightning coil instead of darresso. At this point you are running a similar build but definitely not my build thus i can't really comment on your problems accurately. In the end when you do things differently you can't expect the same results. The results can be worse or better ... but never the same.

Are you switching frenzy with flicker strike while in battle or ? Because your flicker strike is in your gloves and your frenzy is in your chest .. what is going on with that.
I must also ask if you have your resistances capped.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 5, 2016, 5:42:31 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well man ... what can i say .. you miss a key component of my build - Acrobatics and phase acrobatics .. they are essential and pretty much a game changer. On top of that you are using a lightning coil instead of darresso. At this point you are running a similar build but definitely not my build thus i can't really comment on your problems accurately. In the end when you do things differently you can't expect the same results. The results can be worse or better ... but never the same.

Are you switching frenzy with flicker strike while in battle or ? Because your flicker strike is in your gloves and your frenzy is in your chest .. what is going on with that.
I must also ask if you have your resistances capped.

Hello again!
I tried your axe build with Acrobatics and phase acrobatics using Daresso, evasion gear, Hatred-Grace and about 5.3k hp but still these one shots were the problem.
I was also dying from physical damage (could be extra health magic-rare monsters too) and when RNG was against me, 2 hits in a row could become deadly and this was happening when i was running out of frenzy charges and i had to use frenzy skill.
I also tried Darkray Vectors while playing with blasphemy-poacher's mark -grace/hatred but i didnt see any improvement.
Sometimes i change flicker with frenzy gems (yesterday i did for Vorici quest).
My resistances are fully capped. Running with 20k armor at this moment with grace. By the way should i change Lightning coil for an armour/armour-evasion/evasion chest?
Thanks again for your time!!!
For me it's always hard to pinpoint the problem when people experience troubles while doing the things i do when i don't have those problems and it works smoothly for me ( just hit level 99 btw :) )

I suspect that the difference comes from the actual playstyle if indeed you where using my tree and similar to my gear and you had those problems but that's something that i can't really help you with :/

The coil is ok, though i prefer the darresso for the end charge generation and extra dodge.
Getting Taste of Hate is a rather big improvement when it comes to your physical mitigation so you might want to get that flask if you can afford it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 6, 2016, 5:10:01 AM
Hey!

Getting one shotted usually isnt a equipment problem with this build (with dark rays you should go up to 60% dodge anyway) but a question of flask usage. With Lionsroar (cheap) and/or Taste of hate (expensive) there is really no physical enemy in this game that can still oneshot you with around 5k HP.

Not the Worm of Orchard, not Mapboss Brutus or anyone else. So keep these 2 ladies up in tight spots! Also Daressos helps plenty in not getting one shotted by gathering endurance charges (well not in bossfights without adds) and is therefore great for high HP and dodge builds like this.
Good points. By the way i must stress yet once again on how important are the flasks in PoE ( and because of that poacher's mark is such a great curse ). People tend to underestimate them and that's a huge mistake - they literally double your offensive and defensive capabilities.
Thanks again for your time and help! Appreciated! :)
You're welcome, though i kind of feel that i wasn't able to help you as much as i wanted ... but hey i helped as much as i could ^^
What are your thoughts on
+ Disfavour + Master of the Arena? I've been using the combo for a while. Obviously I use the last two anyway but as far as the amulet goes, it just seems like as long as my life is topped off, the only negative side is there is no life on it.
Well yes i'd say it is fine. I don't see how the weapon range actually matters with a flicker build, but the res are ok and the damage on max life is nice. The downisdes are indeed the lack of life and the lack of inteligence.
That amulet got me thinking btw ... the high amounts of life regen, the fact that you rarely even take a hit combined with slayer's leech passives means that you are at max life most of the time. That means that using the melee damage on full life support gem might not be a bad idea
I'm not really well versed on the mechanics of the game, but wouldn't the melee splash from either the gem or from the Slayers Impact benefit from the weapon range?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info