Most overrated game ever

I can agree with Hockey being underrated (live) and with minecraft being overrated.

BUT...as for minecraft...Cat Fountain
overrated is a meaningless word.
Wraeclastian,

What did you expect? You have to remember that you're dealing with a generation of gamers who don't actually want anything new. If they did, we wouldn't see the same CoD game repackaged every 12 months only to be gobbled up by rabid fans standing in line in the middle of the night waiting to get something they already have. Yes, it was a good formula, but enough is enough. I realized a few years ago that I'm in a vast minority in thinking 3 times is mroe than enough for me to pay $60 for the same game with a different cover each time.

At least Diablo tried to do something different than simply repackage D2. I don't think very highly of what they tried, but Blizzard at least put forth a tiny bit of effort. In fact, that tiny bit of effort is, possibly, one of the biggest reasons the game is hated by many. Simply by virtue of not being D2.
Most over rated game ever is hopscotch.
4 square is best game. Learn to balance while I throw a ball at you. Sink or swim my friend.
"
Minecraft is so ridiculously hyped and worshiped by its users and every time I've tried to give it a go, I'm like 'this is lego, on the screen. I can't imagine anything less satisfying'.

+1

I consider Skyrim to be the most overrated game, at least of the more recent ones.
I can't understand how such an unfinished, flawed game got so much hype. The most disappointing RPG I've played so far. Lacks everything that I love about good RPGs, except for the exploring part.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
If you really want an overrated GTA game, try out GTA IV. That game was supposed to be better than GTA: San Andreas (which is considered to be one of the greatest video game of all time, and my favorite game of all time being the only console game for me to pass 1k hours). The hype was so massive that GTA IV was considered the holy grail........but at release, reality set in. The disappointment was there, the game lacked freedom, and the control was crap. Not sure why you make a exotic car feel like you are riding a boat. The plot was meh, the characters were meh, Nico was a mess.

GTA V so far is much much better than GTA IV. Still, I got ways to go before I can fully evaluate it since GTA: San Andreas and even Vice City are in my top lists.

Now the most overrated game ever, that is up to debate since they are plenty in my eyes. GTA IV, Minecraft (love you MC, but my goodness, have you went completely mainstream), Skyrim, and more that I cannot remember.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Sep 23, 2013, 7:08:15 PM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
4 square is best game. Learn to balance while I throw a ball at you. Sink or swim my friend.

I fraking LOVE foursquare.

In my town it's actually a pretty competitive game. We played it all through high school in physical education classes. Imagine using 8x8 foot squares, so a 16x16 foot court.

We also usually played with two-man teams. Imagine kids diving every which way, fakes, using any body part and trick to get the ball in another team's square. So damn fun.
same name in-game
Most under-rated game: Life.

Best sandbox ever. Be whatever you want to be. And its hardcore too.
I'm going to say Red dead Redemption. It was basically GTA IV in the "wild west" and had more bugs in it too. Call of Duty is up there in overrated games. WoW is another big game that is an illusion in my opinion.

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. World of WarCraft
3. Call of Duty
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info