Is this game really going to launch with desync?

"
Patsboem wrote:
Desync in Poe is extremely poor and game braking because you loose 100% control over your char.

I play online games for years but the way this game handles lag or desync is the worst i can remember. Most games that have some form of desync or lag, you notice a very short delay in your frame per second. the game stops and continues when all things are updated. The reason why this is so much better then what we have in Poe is that the game isnt cheating on me.

When i read the dev statements about things regarding Poe's desync i have only one conclusion: enjoy this niche game how long it can stay alive and suport it self. Its doomed to fail tbh. When this game go's live with this desync (devs think its Hardcore): review ratings across the internet will be extremely low.

Its a shame because this game has so much potential.

I quit the game over desync. It is simply the most irritating thing ever. There is nothing more mind shattering than a shitload of desynch you can't deal with.
"
Boruko wrote:
"
wlfbck wrote:
Also that explanation with "cheating" is bullcrap of them, as if anybody would gain any real advantage by dodging some projectiles or mobs.

The cheating they are referring to is the cheating that would be possible if they were to allow the client to tell the server what was happening, instead of vice versa. If the client's prediction of what happens and the server's differ, the server's version is trusted fully.

If they changed that, so that the client were allowed to tell the server where the character actually was, and which monsters were being attacked, then someone might eventually be able to do something like the cross-map spell casting like D2 had, or speed hacks and the like.

Collision is a big part of the issue, the prediction algorithm could probably be better, the engine recognizing desync could definitely be faster.

Personally, it still doesn't keep me from playing it, or even hinder my enjoyment.

I'm very well aware of what can be done / what exactly is happening, but thanks. There stance is that no leeway will be given at all. For example, if a mob is in range on my client, but slightly out of on the serverside, i will not hit in PoE. Usually (read: in most other games) you let that hit through because it is under a certain threshold. You can exapand the same onto collisions, it just get's a little more tricky - but certainly not anywhere near impossible.
Another thing is the near complete lack of sync mechanisms. For example you are not getting synced if you shoot at a mob for 10seconds which you never hit because he is another room.

I've been playing since this game first went into 'donate cash for' closed beta
access times (what over a year and a half now?).

I never was much bothered by desync with ping times in 30MS range as I live in Texas,
so pretty close to the server farm.

SO I never complained. Yes, had some desync but not enough to fuss overly much about it.

I will note I always play a range class as melee in this game just left me meh anyway, so
factor that.

What I have noticed as of the last three patch cycles is that I NOW notice Desync
far more often.

As of the latest patch update my game session of several hours had a good (bad) number
of desync events. Enough to cause me concern.
My character never died, being a witch with zombies n all of course helped.

So, whatever they are doing is making things worse from my perspective and whatever
it is they are doing needs to stop.
It is worse, there is no doubt.

I didn't' have a whine worthy issue before the last patch or the last 3 patches anyway.

Note, I tried D3 again yesterday after trying it again six months ago. Gave up in disgust after 20 minutes which is about how long I lasted with it six months prior on that retry. I still return to POE despite issues here, nuff said. Still have hope for this PoE.

CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
GGG should win an award for their revolutionary implementation of desync.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
[Removed by Admin]
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Sep 27, 2013, 3:47:46 AM
[Removed by Admin]
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Sep 27, 2013, 3:47:34 AM
if they release poe without desync being fixed, even if that would mean the game could be hacked, will mean the game is dead...
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
Its really not that bad, and if it bothers you that much play a build that isnt bothered by it.

Also, they have explained why desync is here to stay before. Id rather suffer desync but maintain the integrity of the game frankly.

so if they explained (with their flaw logic) it makes it okay? So, 99% of us have to suffer because 1% could/would use some exploits, and GGG is lazy/undermanned to attempt and catch offenders. So, screw it, let's just have desync, as long as microtransactions and supporter packs are doing fine.

Here comes the scary part: You and likes of you are ok with their logic bcs you are afraid of some nerd in the basement might break your game...

Truth is: what do you care if some nerd uses an exploit? It doesn't affect you at all. He/she will be caught and punished and you wont even know it. People use multiboxes and exploit all the time and you don't even know it. GGG knows it, they do what they can.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
"
danisonxtc wrote:
if they release poe without desync being fixed, even if that would mean the game could be hacked, will mean the game is dead...

yea, diablo 3 is dead, diablo 2 is dead, battlefield 3 is dead...just to name a few games with 100 times more players than PoE has that are surely dead bcs they don't use the "proper" method of syncing.

/sarcasm
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Sep 27, 2013, 6:53:28 AM
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"

Truth is: what do you care if some nerd uses an exploit? It doesn't affect you at all. He/she will be caught and punished and you wont even know it. People use multiboxes and exploit all the time and you don't even know it. GGG knows it, they do what they can.

You forget that his game is quite competitive compared to the other ARPG's out there. If someone is map hacking in races then it does effect me. I'm more concerned why people think it's all cool and good for other people to do whatever they want. I mean people rob stores every day in this country. That doesn't effect you at all right? C'mon man...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info