Is this game really going to launch with desync?

"
dspair wrote:
I know that some games have synchronisation issues, but usually they are very rare or barely affect the gameplay. Path of Exile is the only game where people write posts like this.

It is a problem and I want it to be somewhat fixed, but what I get is pretty much "it's here to stay" from the developers and "every game has desync so it's okay that PoE has the worst desync possible" type of answers from some VERY loyal players.

Pretty much an abstract of the whole situation!
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
You can have PoE with desync and virtually no cheaters, or you can have PoE with no desync but cheaters everywhere (by calculating all the stuff client side thus removing desync but also removing security).

I can guarantee you that the desync version would be much better than having cheaters. Seeing how popular RMT has become in PoE you can already imagine thousands of people downloading hacks from all sorts of sites if this game did the calculations client-side. It would totally destroy this game. Mob hacks, speed hacks, ugh no thanks..
vaal or no balls
"
You can have PoE with desync and virtually no cheaters, or you can have PoE with no desync but cheaters everywhere (by calculating all the stuff client side thus removing desync but also removing security).

I can guarantee you that the desync version would be much better than having cheaters. Seeing how popular RMT has become in PoE you can already imagine thousands of people downloading hacks from all sorts of sites if this game did the calculations client-side. It would totally destroy this game. Mob hacks, speed hacks, ugh no thanks..

Therefore, every game that doesn't have PoE's desync problems is full of cheaters? I don't think so ...
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
"

Therefore, every game that doesn't have PoE's desync problems is full of cheaters? I don't think so ...

Those games are made by large companies that have extensive anti-cheat protection which is very expensive if you're using third party and probably even more expensive and time consuming to make yourself (and to maintain and update it as new cheats come out).
vaal or no balls
Last edited by QueenTakesKnight on Sep 29, 2013, 6:16:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info