Is this game really going to launch with desync?

As I understand desync will always be a part of it because its how the game checks your actions /interaction with the mobs. So you will never experiance something like in D3, you are away but something hits you from nowhere because there is no dobbel check of actions between you and the game. Well thats how I understood it.

That is hard to fix and actually i do not know one game with this dobbel check system that has no desync problems. Simple solution that can help you a lot: Hold shift for hold position if you attack.
Why you should try Harcore http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/209310/page/1
Last edited by tadl on Sep 22, 2013, 2:58:08 PM
I too being a network administrator for 10+ years know that the problem lies in their hardware and network configuration / lack of servers / slopping coding. I hope they fix this too. Unfortunately this takes time.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Sep 22, 2013, 3:32:57 PM
"
Is this game really going to launch with desync?

yes
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
narg62 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
All online games have sync issues. They all release with desync.

^THIS^

Now stop whining, everyone.

Definitely not that. The guy you quoted is full of shit and so are you for seconding it.
IGN: Ironmallet
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
Its really not that bad, and if it bothers you that much play a build that isnt bothered by it.

It really is that bad for certain builds and people shouldn't have to play a build they don't prefer because of a flaw in the game.

Really don't think anyone is being forced to play anything... If it's a huge deal just don't play.
I struggle on my leapslam raider on onslaught some times so I'm waiting till it rolls into HC before picking him back up.

It's a free game and the op's thoughts on "demand" ing anything is LOFL. If you don't agree with the game dynamics don't play. Other games don't struggle as much with desync due to the mechanics of the game being built in a way that helps avoid it more. GGG had a vision for how the game would work and they followed that and desync is a byproduct.
"
H4T3MONG3R wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
Its really not that bad, and if it bothers you that much play a build that isnt bothered by it.

It really is that bad for certain builds and people shouldn't have to play a build they don't prefer because of a flaw in the game.

Really don't think anyone is being forced to play anything... If it's a huge deal just don't play.
I struggle on my leapslam raider on onslaught some times so I'm waiting till it rolls into HC before picking him back up.

It's a free game and the op's thoughts on "demand" ing anything is LOFL. If you don't agree with the game dynamics don't play. Other games don't struggle as much with desync due to the mechanics of the game being built in a way that helps avoid it more. GGG had a vision for how the game would work and they followed that and desync is a byproduct.

Tons of people have been chased away from playing melee characters because of desync so yes, people are being forced to play a different type of character to avoid the disaster that is desync.

I use /oos a lot because I prefer to play a melee build. I also play in the standard league because I don't have to worry about shitty mechanics killing my character in hardcore.

GGG may have made desync work the way it does to combat hackers and botters but the only people they are really hurting are the legit players.

Just because POE is a free game, it doesn't mean it should be a lower quality than a game you would buy for $60 at the store.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
My non-informed understanding is that desync will always exist to some degree. However, the end goal is to have a comprehensive enough 'band-aid' system to provide a seamless experience for the clients. Right now, things are absolutely not seamless when desync occurs. People are getting hit by invisible attacks and disappearing and re-appearing in new spots. The corrective re-sync code is totally sub-par. Desync should be nearly if not completely imperceptible to the client. If the game experience cannot be made more seamless, then a lot of the game mechanics were developed and implemented in vain. What's the point of trying to manually evade attacks when you are frequently going to get hit anyway? What's the point of being a skilled and focused player if you are much safer to just bolster defenses in preparation for the inevitable desync damage?
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
"
Perfect_Black wrote:
My non-informed understanding is that desync will always exist to some degree. However, the end goal is to have a comprehensive enough 'band-aid' system to provide a seamless experience for the clients. Right now, things are absolutely not seamless when desync occurs. People are getting hit by invisible attacks and disappearing and re-appearing in new spots. The corrective re-sync code is totally sub-par. Desync should be nearly if not completely imperceptible to the client. If the game experience cannot be made more seamless, then a lot of the game mechanics were developed and implemented in vain. What's the point of trying to manually evade attacks when you are frequently going to get hit anyway? What's the point of being a skilled and focused player if you are much safer to just bolster defenses in preparation for the inevitable desync damage?

You hit the nail on the head.

Lots of games have desync. How noticeable it is, though, depends on how badly desync affects your playing experience.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

GGG may have made desync work the way it does to combat hackers and botters but the only people they are really hurting are the legit players.

...By ensuring legit players don't have to deal with the scourge that is hacking/botting.
IGN: Gumaru / Gumario / FoonNotSpork / Shield_For_Pants / Shockingly_Expensive
Where is the official response about desync by the devs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info