New 0.11.6 Content and a Research Survey

I think the survey didnt go deep enough into game mechanics. When it ask if you reached the map system, it should ask another driven questions for a bit of feedback regarding that topic, and maybe other controversial ones like crafting, looting and so on. It would be great to do so at official webpage, with at least 2 months of poe experience as a requirement to make the data more accurate and avoid multi account ragekids. Just my 2 cents ;).
♠RaGoN♦
I guess it makes sense since anger/wrath/hatred is sort of a trio of auras and anger was a skull too, but I really really hope that the other microtransaction auras are not objects floating around me. I really want an aura that is energy or something emanating from my character.

I understand the change for clarissa's voice, I kinda like her current voice but the new one will be good too, I'm sure. It needed to be more emotional.
"
Faxie wrote:
"
Josephoenix wrote:
questions 15 and 16 of the survey are just...wrong... no other words for it.

In suppose I should add: This is in my opinion".

I don't think that a "player" should be able to pay a measly sum of money (anything under the ruler pack) to add anything to the game (uniques are excluded in this opinion as GGG receives a good amount of money and have FINAL say on the item <--- very important). And even then, I'm not sure it's okay. GGG developed PoE and should have final say on anything AND everything put into the game.

It's nice that they listen to our feedback etc... but I believe it's not for us to say "GGG should/will change their game, because I gave them $20 (an example used in the survey)".

If anything questions 15 & 16 should have an option (answer) that simply states:

The amount of monetary support I provide/donate to GGG should not influence how GGG designs Path of Exile.

I reiterate, this is just my opinion.

My feeling exactly.

There was another game that tried out this concept, Endless Space. Basically you'd donate to the dev team and recieve points to be used to influence the game design. Essentially you were buying voting power. The previous analogy probably describe why many people feel apprehensive about development being compromised by outside parties. Personally I do not mind having an illusion of power or whatever you want to call it being granted to people if they so choose. But Endless Space is a turn based game where the mechanics are thoroughly designed, and there is not much that you can actually effect developmentally beyond for example the card-lite battle system, only the options available within it. In their favor they did design a game with much breathing room for creating new interplay of mechanics with simple additions. For a game like Path of Exile, there is actually many more potential obstacles for having user input than Endless Space. Not only are they also the basis of the game mechanics, but there is also the obstacle of real time data. There's a reason massively multiplayer bullet hells don't exist in a playable state yet (though some people may argue POE is one). No offense to GGG but I just don't think they're up to the task of playing politics with people's money, really I'd rather no one would but thats a different discussion. Maybe its possible in the future but I will say that mentioning this approach to development for the GGG company now would be detrimental to its own survival, without serious preparation ahead of time.
Done the survey. Great job with the game guys!
Well.. I guess we aren't getting the old auras back. They were clearly taken away so that GGG can make a few bucks with the new MTX auras, which by the way, look really annoying compared to the old ones. Oh well... :(
All we asked was for an optional setting for the new and old auras. :(
Anyhow, filled out the survey, looking forward to the new patches.
Last edited by Mythicpoe on Sep 20, 2013, 3:12:57 AM
support gem seems usefull.

aura mtx seems horrible, they are nothing compared to the old auras, which were far better in my opinion.

So you're saying these things I hoarded aren't rubbish now?

FiftyShadesOfBlade
"
bendot wrote:
So you're saying these things I hoarded aren't rubbish now?

I believe endurance on stun will be some flat chance based if you stun or not.
I don't think it will be duration based.
ign LerielF
I was just wondering if someone with better game knowledge than me could work out a build that benefits from stun duration.
FiftyShadesOfBlade
The survey was terrible. Short marketing questions and stupid answers. I don't feel GGG really wants to know what we think about of 1 year of the game development. Eve Online has the best survey ever for video games. You need to copy it.
3.0 IC Elemental Facebreaker Ascendant (HHC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1972518
2.6 Burning torpedo BLS Berserker(HC) - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1866111
2.5 HoWA BF Elemental Raider - Hybrid 800+int - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1785450

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info