Build of the Week Video #12

"
gh0un wrote:
Flicker strike is just not good enough in its current iteration.

You're kidding right? Blood Rage + max frenzy charges = Hold button down for dead mob. Also great for closing in on Vaal constructs, enemy flicker strikers, and archers before they even hit you.
"
"
gh0un wrote:
Flicker strike is just not good enough in its current iteration.

You're kidding right? Blood Rage + max frenzy charges = Hold button down for dead mob. Also great for closing in on Vaal constructs, enemy flicker strikers, and archers before they even hit you.

Agreed. I have a similar lvl 54 dual-wield Deulist. Using the Blood-Rage Flicker strike combo can be quite a rush as you have to constantly keep an eye on how fast your life is draining due to choas damage (as well as damage from mobs) if you're not killing mobs fast enough in more challenging areas. In easier areas, the combo can be so powerful, it's downright spam boring though.

I kinda think the build would be better served if, instead of going out of the way to rack up critical strike nodes in the Shadow area, you simply stacked more basic duel-wield damage and armor/evasion/life nodes around the Duelist start point. Critical nodes (and curses for that matter) haven't seemed to be really worth the effort in my limited experience.
Last edited by cynan on Oct 1, 2012, 5:34:47 PM
"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
That said, I've just watched the video more carefully and must disagree with people claiming it's not a worthy BotW. Yes, we've all seen flicker strike dual wielders, but the narrowed field of effect Cleave was a clever move and not something I've seen used in conjunction with FS. And while it might be a FS Duelist, the fact that it has lightning strike thrown in just in case also seems to indicate it can adapt to situations more readily than, say, a dedicated melee dual-wielder. Of course, that might just be the creator correctly identifying how melee best handles area of effect: by not being melee at all (GS or LS).

I just wish someone had done it with a Shadow. Absolutely no disrespect to the creator -- it's a fine build and looks like a lot of fun.

A shadow version if you'd like to see it Charan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbnTg0q3xkU

Actually that video just disappointed me because you had a staff at one point and I was like 'FLICKER STRIKE STAFF?! HELL YE---oh.'
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

Actually that video just disappointed me because you had a staff at one point and I was like 'FLICKER STRIKE STAFF?! HELL YE---oh.'

A long time ago, I had a staff ranger that used flicker strike, I should try to remake her :)
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Oct 2, 2012, 4:21:49 AM
I'm using a Flicker Strike staff Ranger right now and she's a blast to play! She'!very effective in Merciless!
Hi Everybody

Just thought I should write that this build had some clever ideas but as a whole seemed very bland. Flicker strike has been around for a long time and making a flickering char isn't much of a challenge or anything new, let alone making a flicker char that is more stable(IE:using blood rage).I swear that char was going to die in the video.
I really figured the BOTW this week was going to be a AOE oriented char or the Quill rain explosive arrow build they seem to be amazing. So I suppose since it's a average flicker char that in itself is the surprise, sigh.
P.S. Is there something wrong with Shadow? or is there some sort of Dev prejudice(not that I actually think there is) against that class? I never see any on BOTW...12 in and not one worthy Shadow build?!!
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Looks squishy to me xD.
Is this a joke? The build does zero damage compared to any well planned build and you are near death all the time. I can't see anything good in this build. If you really like flicker so much, why not pick any of those builds that has insane life leech/regen or 10K+ ES? Build this squishy should one-shot every white mob and freeze/stun-lock all magic/rare ones. Not impressed at all. Infact it makes me angry that builds like this are even considered.
Why do people think BOTW should only show the most OP builds with incredible kill speed and impenetrable defense? This VOD shows a nice build with flicker strike, it uses cleave with concentrated effect that I have never seen before, moves around skill tree in a clever way. It shows some nice possibilities which is enough for BOTW in my opinion and clearly in GGG's opinion too.

It's possible other flicker strike characters are better, but not everyone submits their builds for BOTW.
"
kennae wrote:
Is this a joke? The build does zero damage compared to any well planned build and you are near death all the time. I can't see anything good in this build. If you really like flicker so much, why not pick any of those builds that has insane life leech/regen or 10K+ ES? Build this squishy should one-shot every white mob and freeze/stun-lock all magic/rare ones. Not impressed at all. Infact it makes me angry that builds like this are even considered.

Surely these videos are about giving players some basic tips for builds that they can then develop further or approach in a totally different way.

Why should GGG demonstrate only safe and viable (aka boring) builds while there can be fun builds too?

I can assure you this build is interesting and fun to play. I was going for a similar build (dual strike, flicker strike etc) in the One week HC race week ago and had no problems with survivability. In fact, what got me in the end was not surviving a pack of fast monsters and a horrid case of desync. But that could happen to any build, even the safest ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info