Build of the Week Video #12

"
Charan wrote:
Not a Shadow.

Sigh.

Yupp my shadow does the same, but I use claws, blood rage and CI as well as ES-Leech. It's even more challenging to play him but also very fun.
That said, I've just watched the video more carefully and must disagree with people claiming it's not a worthy BotW. Yes, we've all seen flicker strike dual wielders, but the narrowed field of effect Cleave was a clever move and not something I've seen used in conjunction with FS. And while it might be a FS Duelist, the fact that it has lightning strike thrown in just in case also seems to indicate it can adapt to situations more readily than, say, a dedicated melee dual-wielder. Of course, that might just be the creator correctly identifying how melee best handles area of effect: by not being melee at all (GS or LS).

I just wish someone had done it with a Shadow. Absolutely no disrespect to the creator -- it's a fine build and looks like a lot of fun.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I dunno... I play Default, and watching that Life Globe makes me nervous! =@[.]@=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Hm.

This build looks really weak in the video. You are constantly close to dying and take forever to take out groups of enemies. Seems to be like a one trick pony for single target dps, judging from watching the video alone.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dualestl wrote:
Definitely the least impressive video so far.
Its very clear that these types of builds have serious survivability and mana issues,damage wise they can be ok tho.
Chris was so close to dying in this video that its not even funny,it really makes these builds un-viable for HC imo.

Also why not use daggers since this is a build heavily based on critical strike?
And since its a very fast build why not pick Vaal Pact and and some life leech gear to replenish a part of your loosing life points instantly?

I also believe that from a theorycrafting viewpoint this is the worst build of the week so far. There are so many questionable choices that I do not even know where to start.
First of all I do not get why he goes all the way to the shadow tree at all. There is much more useful stuff to pick for a champion who wants to use flicker strike than the ones he made. He totally ignores the Additional Frenzy Charge nodes and the +% evasion passive belonging to one of them. Also ignores awesome passives like Dervish which greatly helps when dualwielding.
Then regarding the active skills I see Frenzy, Dual Strike, Flicker Strike, Cleave, Lightning Strike and Decoy Totem? Why? I mean why play one weak character who uses 6 skills and excells in none of them?

This really does not look like a "Flicker Strike" character, more like "I couldnt make choices" character.

For a decent flicker strike champion I would suggest to use Blood Rage, at least two of the Maximum Frenzy Charge Nodes and more solid dps-nodes instead of crit-nodes to able to consistently 1 hit kill with flicker strike for endless Frenzy charges. Lightning strike as AOE and dualstrike for single-target damage. For more defense, pick some dual wield block nodes, and the 4% Evasion per frenzy charge. Accompaigned with high life steal on gear and maybe even Vaal Pact, this should be way more solid to play.

All in all I feel this build could use some more focus on the core thought of being a "flicker striker"
Last edited by C4ph on Oct 1, 2012, 6:36:20 AM
This flicker strike looks impressive:) Really high speed and mobility, just insta kill. Although it has almost no def. Lots of kills, but if you get outnumbered, I think you'll go down quickly.
"
Charan wrote:
That said, I've just watched the video more carefully and must disagree with people claiming it's not a worthy BotW. Yes, we've all seen flicker strike dual wielders, but the narrowed field of effect Cleave was a clever move and not something I've seen used in conjunction with FS. And while it might be a FS Duelist, the fact that it has lightning strike thrown in just in case also seems to indicate it can adapt to situations more readily than, say, a dedicated melee dual-wielder. Of course, that might just be the creator correctly identifying how melee best handles area of effect: by not being melee at all (GS or LS).

I just wish someone had done it with a Shadow. Absolutely no disrespect to the creator -- it's a fine build and looks like a lot of fun.

A shadow version if you'd like to see it Charan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbnTg0q3xkU

Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Bad build.
Compared to old flicker strike this is a joke.
Compared to other skillbuilds, its a joke aswell.
Nowhere near the same defense or killspeed.

Flicker strike is just not good enough in its current iteration.
i'm more concerned about "in a few months".
i liked "later this year" better :D
Please inform us about the level of the character and the area level, so that people don't misunderstand the effectiveness of the build.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info