Ranged Attack Totem

Let me get this right: With this totem, i can only use ranged attacks (ie nothing with the flags melee and spell won't work) - So this totem is essentially only useful for people using either a wand or a bow. That's a bit sucky :( I was thrilled when i took it as quest reward, thinking i could support my dw-duelist with a ice-arrow totem.
Dont know if has been asked before (it propably has, though I wans´t able to google it)

Does RAT work with Iron Grip?
Does RAT work with life leech?
first question is, "does the bow attack work with iron grip" because totem is using your stats to use your skills. answer is yes.

second question is... technically yes, the issue is the totem gets the leeching not you.
Why, oh why, does RAT requires you to have a ranged weapon? Is it because the dps is based of your weap and it would scale way to high with some melee weap? if that's the case, then couldn't you fix this with some type of calculation, like "deals half dmg if you use melee weapon".

anyone?
Because you can't shoot Arrows from your Sword either. The Totem uses your stats, and if your stats say you're using a Sword, it can't use a skill that requires a Bow.
Quick question:
Since the totem does use your waeapon/equip stats, does that also include unique effects?

i.e. the increased dmg when in short range / kb?
"
HansV2 wrote:
Quick question:
Since the totem does use your waeapon/equip stats, does that also include unique effects?

Yes it does include unique effects. you can get mini-lmp with death's harp on a raged attack totem as well!
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
HansV2 wrote:
Quick question:

What would happen if you use this bow, then concentrated effect and point blank and then use Rain of Arrows, how much damage that would be on two ranged totems? Seems like tons or i am dreaming too much? (since its 100% more bow damage (or its only for auto atts), then 50% more from point blank and about 70% or so more from conc effect).
Last edited by NagiSoi on Apr 8, 2013, 6:25:11 PM
0.6[totem] *0.8[rain of arrows] *2[unique] *2[point blank] *1.7[con effect] = 3.264 damage modifier to 0.816 damage modifier per attack, from range of on itself to slightly infront of it.
put that to your passives and the unique bow's stats to get your damage range.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Apr 8, 2013, 7:03:39 PM
I'm not sure if I should be posting this here or the suggestion board, so I'm crossposting it on both (mods, if this is a no-no, please just leave the one on the proper board and delete the extra one? Thanks!)

Here goes: Can we please, pretty please, make RAT work with Conduit? If not can we at least hear the thinking behind not allowing this? I don't mean I want to give MY charges to the RAT, I mean I want it to give ME charges!

Let's assume we're using frenzy on the RAT in this example. I imagine the game mechanics as they are right now don't allow it because the totem's max charges are zero so it never generates a charge to share with anyone and the only reason I can think of to not allow it from a design philosophy perspective is because it trivializes charge generation.

Using Blood Rage as an example of an ability that generates charges without having to think about it, it comes with a pretty hefty cost. All that chaos damage! That can be mitigated with life regen and chaos damage or even completely nullified with Chaos Inoculation (though that comes at the cost of never getting the increased speed at low life - whatever). Using that as an example of an ability that can generate charges for you without any penalty through the use of a talent, why not allow us to generate frenzy charges with a RAT but only if you take conduit?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info