What excites you most about PoE so far?

I'm interested to hear more thoughts on what you guys are excited about. Yes, we are all stoked about the brilliant new skill system but what else draws you in?
the witch. she looks sick and makes me want to play her and destroy monsters. plus it reminds me alot of diablo 1 which i loved, except it looks way better in every aspect.
Just getting a new Action RPG in my hands, been awhile since ive played a good one.

cant wait to smash a horde of mawnsters
"
BrianWeissman wrote:

The "Raise Zombie" skill was substantially buffed in a recent patch, and is now the bread and butter of early minion-based builds. The main change was the removal of "decays over time".

To answer a larger question, the last thing we want is an environment with min/maxers spamming the same skill over and over again on the harder difficulties. We're paying a ton of attention to what works and what doesn't work at all stages of the game, and we'll keep tuning the skills until many of them are attractive.

I'm so so glad to hear both of these things! I think removing the decay from zombies is a great move.

And about the spamming, hearing that it's a concern for you is great to me; I'd been somewhat wary of the way support gems were working because they seemed to really encourage creating a single super spell to spam. I'm sure you're looking into a number of solutions, but it seems like having the same skill on multiple items adding up all the support gems could potentially be a part of that min/max spam issue.

Of course, that's more of an outsider's first impression rather than any sort of real intimate knowledge about how it works out.
Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow,
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.
None has ever caught him yet, for Tom, he is the master:
His songs are stronger songs, and his feet are faster.
The atmosphere, graphics, skill system, leagues, classes and gameplay. I doubt I'll be playing any other action RPG once this is released!
The massively deep skill and stat development. Sigh. I would love a beta key.
To be honest, most of the things already mentioned, this game really does look and feel great!

But if one thing that really stood out to me, it would be the skill tree! I'm mean there are so many options its unreal.
I just want to trade and get drops!
I just want to trade and get drops!
Random maps, i can't play rpgs with static maps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info