What excites you most about PoE so far?

i like the graphics, the atmosphere, the music .. game is realy nice
Mirror of Kalandra?
awesome ama, how long have you been testing?
i love the gem skill system its really dynamic and you can build whatever you want
ant the epic talent tree !! i love messing around with wierd builds and by the look of it im gonna have massive fun with it :)
I like the skill gems that can be improved and traded. Also, the wide variety of skills and game modes.
I agree, the skill gem system is what is drawing me in. That and the ability to go down whatever path you want skill wise.
Skill tree/graphics & hack n' slash . : )

Also reminds me much more of Titanquest than Diablo. And i loved titanquest.
Mostly that this will be my first real grip on the genre.
sure ive played Diablo 2 at a friends place but not really to a sufficient amount to develop a real opinion.
will be pretty interesting to say the least.
I'm excited about the skill gem system as well. It has the potential to be really interesting and the way you can combo skills together sounds like it's going to be quite revolutionary.

However, I still worry about this from a balance perspective. The ability to combo skills together could be so powerful that certain combinations could trivialize the game (or make all other equipped skills useless). I also think there comes a tough balance between passive and active skills. If you can make one really great combo skill that does everything, that encourages just filling everything else with passives. This may not be a problem, but I think it would be more interesting if using a variety of skills yielded better results. However, I'd still like to see passives useful of course too... And this where I see some really tough balancing challenges. It's exciting to think about the possibilities of this system, but I'm imagining a nightmare of balancing so many combinations at the same time (possibly rendering many skills completely useless/ineffective).

I don't know how balance currently is in the beta (I saw one game review where the critic was talking about how worthless summon zombie was) and I'm sure it's going to be subject to change. But I am curious to see how GGG will handle skill balance in the long term (especially with their goal to balance PVP well, which I agree should be at least somewhat balanced).
"
IonicSlayer wrote:
I'm excited about the skill gem system as well. It has the potential to be really interesting and the way you can combo skills together sounds like it's going to be quite revolutionary.

However, I still worry about this from a balance perspective. The ability to combo skills together could be so powerful that certain combinations could trivialize the game (or make all other equipped skills useless). I also think there comes a tough balance between passive and active skills. If you can make one really great combo skill that does everything, that encourages just filling everything else with passives. This may not be a problem, but I think it would be more interesting if using a variety of skills yielded better results. However, I'd still like to see passives useful of course too... And this where I see some really tough balancing challenges. It's exciting to think about the possibilities of this system, but I'm imagining a nightmare of balancing so many combinations at the same time (possibly rendering many skills completely useless/ineffective).

I don't know how balance currently is in the beta (I saw one game review where the critic was talking about how worthless summon zombie was) and I'm sure it's going to be subject to change. But I am curious to see how GGG will handle skill balance in the long term (especially with their goal to balance PVP well, which I agree should be at least somewhat balanced).

Yeah I was wondering about the skill balancing issue myself. I wondered if we would all just end up with "uber skill X" with everyone spamming the same thing over and over because it's so much better than everything else.
The thing that excites me the most is when I get in is all the crazy skills I can make with all the support gems. Also the potions are cool too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info