0.9.12m Patch Notes

@Lou102
The devs want diversity and they give you the option via passive tree and uniques. It doesnt have anything to do with nerfing/buffing skills.

There will be ALWAYS a "best way" to deal as much dps as possible to as many targets as possible. It will just swap on patches etc. I've seen how this works in WoW when devs want to level all the things to the point the builds have similar dps etc. This leads only to disaster.

Also if the devs made this change to encourage ppl to build diferently i would like to hear that from them, and why they try to do it like this if ppl are enjoying what they are doing.

Making ppl follow dev roads is imho the last thing they want to do. They sooo much encourage ppl to try freaky builds even via posting those BOTW videos!

I want a plain and simple marauder that ground slams through whole game. I like it that way so why force me to change by nerfing the skills. Make others more appeeling to players.

About that 2nd part...
I played 3 difficulty levels on Sweep... Swapped to ground slam realy realy late. It is not that you HAVE TO. As a maul marauder you are given an option to use ground slam becouse you have a mace... that is something nice. Want a better build diversity on marauders? Than make it in the passive skill tree. There are too many maces around and getting to swords/axes is making you way there too complicated. Those are my ideas to "fix the diversity".

@flab

I like the idea of making this skill more range based. It makes melee character way more enjoyable to play. If we all would like to just desintegrate everything that moves with huge IIR/IIQ etc we would simply go frost witches...
Like in diablo 2 sorc was the best MF char (mostly).
Ranged is still riddiculously OP compared to melee and making this skill a bit range'ish is just trying to make up something for those melee folks.

Ground slam doesnt permastun enemies... damage does. You can permastun enemiest with each and every skill you use.
Ground slam makes stunning enemies in front of you quite helpless but that is the deal behing MAUL MARAUDER not Marauder with ground slam.
It gives you safety... yes it gives and god bless it for it otherwise we would all play a ranged chars...
It can lifeleech nicely but also overheal a ton, since you are, let me quote here, "1 shot everything" and you also have to build your gear around lifesteal since passive tree doesnt give you much of this. And that is a gear choice not a skill choice... you can drain equal amounts by sweeping and cleaving...
Ok the last one is again stupid... each and every class can 1 shot nearly everything. Crit builded witches or flicker strike shadows can even 1 shot rares... I dont get that point.

I know i am all in favor of Ground Slam. My vision is not clear coz i play a marauder and i play with ground slam. But it just doesnt solve the puzzle on how many lvls it is a wrong choice of balancing the game. IMHO (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, MY).

PS. Very informative posts there Balron :D
IGN: Seasona
Dewo,

1. I know perfectly well that the stun is because of damage, but isn't that what was nerfed?

2. Exactly, it gives you safety as a "melee build", with massive AOE damage, low cost, attack speed that isn't tied to the weapon. Too many advantages, and reasons why I don't even consider it a melee skill. Melee really shouldn't be about being ranged with cosmetic coverups (imo).

3. You should know that you just don't get the same kind of life leech from a focused single/low amount target skill that you can get from GS, sweep and cleave may be competitive in this regard, but they both have other disadvantages.

4. I'm not used to (or even in favour of) playing builds that just one shot everything, but it is an issue I have with the game in general (I guess I'm in a minority) and maybe because I spent way more time thinking about surviving in HC than all out DPS. If all builds amount to one shotting everything, there would be absolutely no reason to have utility skills and the flexility the game provides.
"
rflynn74 wrote:
Anyone notice how these patches are just nerfing this game into one big piece of shit? GGG Should just be renamed Blizzard at this point, because thats where they are headed.

Seriuously, ground slam, monsters toughness and fire arrow- really needed to be fixed. I was thinking that for a week, when i saw some vids, and played my ranger(i mean my ranger on my friends account couse i dotn have one :((( sad me)
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
Last edited by IVIetal on Sep 28, 2012, 6:37:31 AM
I have three above 70lvl str based melee chars and never used ground slam as my main attack and always against it to making players lazy and game easy for those users. Glad they nerfed a little maybe its time to change a little ha ? Slamming ground like BamBam spamming all over the place buying 5L two handed maces than u ready to level up quick.
Great job now i wish they add sweep to 1hand dual wield support it could be a cool animation.
due to forum crash... ofc all i wrote went to pieces, great.

A quick overview what i've wrote.

Building melee char is your own matter of preference. You can make it as melee as you want you can make him use wands. Noone forces you to do anything.

Other thing was that the 20% nerf on skill will influence the damage overall a lot lot more. Since its:
Gear -> Skill -> Supports -> Passives -> DPS
The 20% on 2nd step will be increased by even more. So your dps wont drop by 20% or something but way way more.
Correct me here if i am wrong coz i am not 100% sure here.

I have no idea why game devs are constantly going in the wrong direction. And by game devs i mean ALL dev teams (with blizz in lead of crap ofc).
Why not make a game based on rock/paper/scissors mechanics instead of making it all paper/paper/paper and trying to lvl things to the diference in animation.

1 shotting builds are realy good. I am trying to maintain the lvl of damage to 1 shot things and not overdamage the monsters. I find it fun to build my chars like that. Than i can focus on defense etc.
Marauder and ground slam isnt the best 1 shotter in the game so this is not even a thing to discuss...

All in all i think that making that kind of decisions is simply a fake way of making game longer. I would like to see more and more content. Harder so i would be forced to alter my builds, change equipment or the way i am dpsing.
Those should be factors to make ppl change builds etc not a "ok, lets nerf this by 20%"

At this stage they should imho introduce players to higher content. Personaly i didnt see a single lvl 65+ map. Maps are a big problem atm. You think that GS is OP, than make the game harder. I would love to see more high lvl content where my OP OP OP GS wont 1 shot mobs from 10km (Still i will see crit chars do that since they overdps targets A LOT!)
IGN: Seasona
"
Ceykey wrote:
now i wish they add sweep to 1hand dual wield support it could be a cool animation.

That would actually be really cool.. A hybrid between dual strike in sweep, sort of like a single-attack version of the Whirlwind of olde.. Add a small movement to the animation (step, sweep, step, sweep) and you know that'd be a hugely popular skill!

Edit: I'm going to add my "this is now necessary" tag to this! XD
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Sep 28, 2012, 8:41:17 AM
"
infinityinc wrote:
And the nerfs continue... rather than bringing skills that are under used or not used at all up to par to give players other viable options. This is just plain LAZY. I know another company that went this route and all but destroyed a consumer base's faith in their product and reputation.

Personally I think Heavy Strike's single target damage is way more out of whack than GS's damage; I never really used GS because it would omgwtfpwn a group of enemies quickly, I used it because it was a semi-ranged attack to deal quickly with things like clusters of spitting snakes, constructs and archers.

I've uninstalled as there is very little if anything left in this game that feels rewarding for the amount of effort/skill one puts in. The dangling carrot that was once golden and dripping with honey has withered significantly with recent patches...

- Rare mobs used to guarantee at least a blue drop
- you used to be able to get an Alchemy orb once every few levels or so from matched rares
- IIQ/IIR used to spawn frequently on gear
- you didn't used to have to grind for hours/days to get your resistances to the right numbers for certain areas/bosses (this applies to hardcore far more than default)
- there was NOTHING wrong with having your auras on a weapon swap as you were sacrificing a 2nd swappable skill set to do so, yet it is gone. I think it just created issues for keeping auras active while changing zones and again the devs were just being lazy.
- DESYNC is still one of the top causes of deaths in this game yet Voice Acting is prioritized!

There are many good points he has here. The game has a lot of potential and already is bloody good but there are some things that really should be changed.

Some important things that should be changed are as follows:

"
Rare mobs used to guarantee at least a blue drop
Exactly, stop making this game more unrewarding for killing rare mobs, it is a farming game as it is, don't make it tedious. Too many times I see not even a blue item drop from a rare mob, this is UNACCEPTABLE, fix it please.

Many materials drop far too infrequently, you shouldn't have to farm two days for just a couple of materials.

Resistance changes? The amount of grinding this game is going to require (later levels) is going to become a joke and a bore fest, in theory this resistance change sounds good but I fear that in reality it will increase the amount of farming required ten fold, and at the end of the day, the game already has enough farming involved, don't make it even more tedious.

The drop rate in this game I believe is a real issue, and this is for most things from items to materials, granted it is far better than D3 but that isn't saying much. It feels more and more harder to acquire decent items now. Even 6 weeks ago I felt that it was so much easier attaining better gear, now it has become really harsh, and at many times unrewarding.

Don't make the mistake of making people grind more just because you are worried there isn't going to be enough to do in the game to keep people interested, that is the WRONG way to take this game.

Tested out groundslam, probably still too strong. What makes it good is not the flat damage, it is the range and the shape of its aoe. For other melee aoe you have to...well melee the mobs. With groundslam however you can kite and pull mobs behind yourself and eradicate huge mobs at a time. That plus the strong life regen of the standard mara builds makes this way to play complete easy mode with very little risk of dying.

I don't think the devs want that and frankly if I wanted one button spam arpg I'd play TL2 right now. I am very much enjoying the fact that this game demands more from me than mindless right clicking.

This is the way it should be played, by deplyoing defensive skills for survival strategies, using other skills for maneuverability and maybe even having different kinds of attacks depending on the enemy one faces.

At least I started to use heavy strike again from time to time on single bosses, so I guess target achieved to some extent.

P.S.: What's up with map drop rate? Raised like crazy or am I just crazy lucky? Dropped 8 maps on one map, then 5 maps on the next. Gonna see how this is gonna progress.
"
Debris wrote:
The drop rate in this game I believe is a real issue, and this is for most things from items to materials, granted it is far better than D3 but that isn't saying much. It feels more and more harder to acquire decent items now. Even 6 weeks ago I felt that it was so much easier attaining better gear, now it has become really harsh, and at many times unrewarding.

From my own experience i agree that the drop rate has changed considerably.
Its exactly the opposite than how it was a few months ago: uniques would drop extremely rare ,but magic or rare items dropped often,almost from every blue mob you encountered, which meant that you still had a chance (eventually) to get a great rare drop without having to craft a white item into a rare item hoping for something good ,like how it is now.

This current situation would be ok,if a proper crafting system would be implemented and not one based on gambling or pure luck.
Last edited by dualestl on Sep 28, 2012, 9:08:32 AM
"
polar77rulz wrote:
We still have FFA loot :( damn

Still, great patch.

I love the actual system

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info