0.9.12m Patch Notes

I like the patch notes, but is it normal to have 'Checking resources' in the launcher for like 20 minutes?

EDIT: It seems I had some weird connection problem (something else worked completely fine, but after this post Chrome took 5 minutes to time-out google.com)
Last edited by Karinst on Sep 28, 2012, 3:19:26 AM
Ouch. Gonna be exciting to see how my quill rain shadow will fare now, condsidering he used to use EA with both lmp and gmp.

Edit:
His damage doesn't feel different at all. If it's working as intended then it's a pretty minor nerf.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Sep 28, 2012, 3:58:20 AM
I just wanted a fast answer to the roots of Ground Slam nerf.
What was standing behind this decision?
It is not as powerfull as ice spear that 1 shots everything has HUGE range and scales to insane amounts of AoE damage through multiple projectiles.

I just dont get the idea behind this nerf when there are others way more powerfull skills like still flicker for example.

It is the only realy usefull AoE spell for "normal" mace marauder, it's AoE is very short and has problems with the cone shape attack. It only scales nicely with support gems, but to nerf it by 1/5 just like that is asking for question about the origins of this idea...
IGN: Seasona
"
Tindraa wrote:
"
Rowsol wrote:
I like the ground slam nerf!

What's the background on this? I'm not complaining about the change (although I use GS a lot), just wondering why you would be so enthusiastic for this change? What issue is it resolving?

Now I can use a different skill without intentionally gimping myself?

Also, that other AoE 2h skill has a purpose now. Sweep... that's the name.
Last edited by Rowsol on Sep 28, 2012, 3:39:01 AM
@DEWO: Yeah...no. Groundslam needed a nerf and everybody knows it. 90% of the people in race just play no brain groundslam maras.

@EA nerf: I am still showing the same damage per fuse no matter if I run LMP or GMP or both. Display bug?
Last edited by Burgingham on Sep 28, 2012, 3:37:16 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Added a new Strength/Dexterity Support Gem - Ranged Attack Totem: Allows you to create totems that use bow or wand skills. It uses your currently equipped bow or wand for the damage. Note that this currently doesn't work with Rain of Arrows or Poison Arrow.

Damn... when could we expect this with PA?
"
Chris wrote:
Poison Arrow is one of the most powerful skills/builds in the game!

WAS! please, do not nerf it any more
ps. there is no topic concering new gem in Beta Support Gem Feedback

ign: Ron
Last edited by Alegor on Sep 28, 2012, 3:53:25 AM
"
Metronomy wrote:
How is this a bug? These are 2 different effects.

For instance, the 50% less regeneration effects potion use & leech effects where 'no regeneration' does not. So if you do a map with both your two methods of healing are ALSO reduced by half. Since the 50% mod does not become redundant from the 'no regeneration' mod, why is it classified as a bug?

Also wondering. I guess this decision was too hasty.

Edit: Spell Totem costs are really annoying now :(
Aren't steps like 225% possible?

Last edited by Hilbert on Sep 28, 2012, 3:50:49 AM
"
Burgingham wrote:
@DEWO: Yeah...no. Groundslam needed a nerf and everybody knows it. 90% of the people in race just play no brain groundslam maras.

I still dont get it and neither do you get the idea behind the question.

Reason to nerf by Burgingham:
90% ppl use this skill therefore -> NERF!

Ok so lets see how it would work:

WoW - 100% of fire mages use fireballs therefore -> lets remove the spell from the game so noone will use it.

People are using ground slam... becouse as i wrote it is the only option for "normal" marauders so you cant freaking say that nerf was needed coz ppl were using it... that is sorry but i have no itension of harrasing you, stupid.

I would agree on that if all classes would use ground slam... 90% on the server... that would show that something with the skill is definitly not ok. Blaming 90% of marauders of utilizing a spell that is good is not a great answer to my question.
IGN: Seasona
It was used by so many because it was too strong or to put it in other words too easy.

The numbers of people using it in a race where the only goal is to get forward as fast as possible is a good indicator for the strength of the skills. That is the reason why GGG holds the races btw, to see if any mechanics need a change due to being over(ab)used or maybe the other way around.

I played 3 1-week races so far myself. And I too chose the groundslam build every single time, since you simply cannot die on it. Easy mode going to lvl60 and cash in rewards even with very little time to play.

Try your misguided insults and assumptions on someone else please. There is a very valid reasoning behind what I wrote, one just has to draw the proper conclusions from it and not stop at the literal content.
Last edited by Burgingham on Sep 28, 2012, 4:08:54 AM
Of the three melee AoE skills, Ground Slam starts at higher damage, scales better, and can hit potentially more targets (as shown on a previous page; 88% +4% per level as opposed to 70/75% +3% per level). Sweep only really hits things adjacent to you, and Cleave can hit things maybe one step away but then only in front of you. Ground Slam won't hit many things directly next to you but can snare many more opponents a little further away. Not hitting things next to you a problem? Then just walk a few steps and do it again.

I didn't actually realise that there was such a disparity between the skills but that does make perfect sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info