PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

0.9.12m Patch Notes

The last two patches completely
ruined my Posion Arrow Ranger using E weakness.

Normally the cost for a shot was 31 mana, but now the cost is so high (89) that the clarity gem cannot keep me shooting.

In longer fights I completly run out of mana and the monsters are much harder to kill if moving. So I run around alot waiting for the mana to regen.

I did reskill,
taking extra +mana passives and reduced mana
one and i swaped pierce with a reduced mana gem.
Try to build around it.

But still, my ranger now feels very weak at the later levels in merc and frankly I have not played for a week as I lost the feeling of being powerfull in battle.
Run forrest, run!

So the "balancing" killed the fun to a huge degree.
Was PA overpowered ?
Maybe, but since I mostly play solo and hate PVP, it was not a problem for me at all and I really loved the game.

This is not a whine. I accept the beta was not the final version and I know the devs have a vision to follow.

Its just that feeling powerfull and killing monsters rather fast while geting good loot made me play POE alot and now this concept have be "balanced" in a unrewarding way. Or so it feels.

Regardless the actual truth, I not longer login to play.

Good luck in the future.
to add more to the fire:

Why didnt they nerf GS the simlar way as FS?

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
"
DEWO wrote:
"
Burgingham wrote:
@DEWO: Yeah...no. Groundslam needed a nerf and everybody knows it. 90% of the people in race just play no brain groundslam maras.

People are using ground slam... becouse as i wrote it is the only option for "normal" marauders so you cant freaking say that nerf was needed coz ppl were using it... that is sorry but i have no itension of harrasing you, stupid.

Chekc the bold in your post I quoted above. That's precisely why it needed a nerf. If a single damage skill is so far and away better than all others for a specific build, to the point of making you an idiot if you choose anything else, it's unbalanced. Ground Slam Maras were the easiest characters to play in the entire game. GGG wants all skills to be balanced to promote build diversity and creativity. If just a few skills are no-brainers because they are so OP, they have failed at that goal. Using WoW fireballs as an argument is just...stupid. They don't want their game to be like WoW.
Yeah, it makes sense. if alot of people is using same race and same skill because it OP and fun, it really need to be nerfed.

How is that not like in wow and d3?

"
Flab wrote:
Dewo,

1. I know perfectly well that the stun is because of damage, but isn't that what was nerfed?

2. Exactly, it gives you safety as a "melee build", with massive AOE damage, low cost, attack speed that isn't tied to the weapon. Too many advantages, and reasons why I don't even consider it a melee skill. Melee really shouldn't be about being ranged with cosmetic coverups (imo).

3. You should know that you just don't get the same kind of life leech from a focused single/low amount target skill that you can get from GS, sweep and cleave may be competitive in this regard, but they both have other disadvantages.

4. I'm not used to (or even in favour of) playing builds that just one shot everything, but it is an issue I have with the game in general (I guess I'm in a minority) and maybe because I spent way more time thinking about surviving in HC than all out DPS. If all builds amount to one shotting everything, there would be absolutely no reason to have utility skills and the flexility the game provides.

My question is why would they nerf GS when its not OP compared to other options in the game? Its only OP compared to other marauder options. Cleave needs a buff I agree with that. Its a skill that requires me to go into melee. It should do rlly high damage, infact higher then pretty much any other skill gem thats aoe.

Edit: but as long as its possible to 1 shot, melee range abilities will never be used a ton. No reason to.

Last edited by Total on Sep 28, 2012, 3:32:57 PM
@Total, cause you see ... GGG is so good at balancing, NOT! Back at MoC, marauders were useless and now they are OP cause of the lame maps and their difficulty.
Last edited by paradox404 on Sep 28, 2012, 5:20:32 PM
"
Total wrote:
"
Flab wrote:
Dewo,

1. I know perfectly well that the stun is because of damage, but isn't that what was nerfed?

2. Exactly, it gives you safety as a "melee build", with massive AOE damage, low cost, attack speed that isn't tied to the weapon. Too many advantages, and reasons why I don't even consider it a melee skill. Melee really shouldn't be about being ranged with cosmetic coverups (imo).

3. You should know that you just don't get the same kind of life leech from a focused single/low amount target skill that you can get from GS, sweep and cleave may be competitive in this regard, but they both have other disadvantages.

4. I'm not used to (or even in favour of) playing builds that just one shot everything, but it is an issue I have with the game in general (I guess I'm in a minority) and maybe because I spent way more time thinking about surviving in HC than all out DPS. If all builds amount to one shotting everything, there would be absolutely no reason to have utility skills and the flexility the game provides.

My question is why would they nerf GS when its not OP compared to other options in the game? Its only OP compared to other marauder options. Cleave needs a buff I agree with that. Its a skill that requires me to go into melee. It should do rlly high damage, infact higher then pretty much any other skill gem thats aoe.

Edit: but as long as its possible to 1 shot, melee range abilities will never be used a ton. No reason to.

I agree, now we are going to see many nerfs coming to many other abilities.

Seriously, this is not the right direction to take the game, frost crit witch is op and fun, that will be nerfed, summoner builds will be nerfed, CI LA is probably going to get a nerf. See where I am heading?

GS is no more OP than these, it is just one of the many effective and efficient options to go in the game.

I have a feeling this route is going to continue, we will see non stop nerfs, and this may very well be because of PvP. I see a pattern or resemblance coming here, similar to WoW, trying to balance a game around PvP and PvE, it isn't possible I am afraid. I just hope things don't get too bad, cause I love this game.

Already over the last 6 weeks they have made changes that are requiring us to grind more and more, the drop rates now of items are lower, the fact we don't even get a guaranteed blue from a rare mob is a joke.

I am just finding it a shame cause they are making it a lot more polished which is great but they have also made some questionable changes as well. I would say a month ago it was a lot better than it is now. I feel the game is becoming too grind oriented and that is going to be a huge disappointment to many players.
"
Desbris wrote:

Seriously, this is not the right direction to take the game, frost crit witch is op and fun, that will be nerfed, summoner builds will be nerfed, CI LA is probably going to get a nerf. See where I am heading?

GS is no more OP than these, it is just one of the many effective and efficient options to go in the game.

I have a feeling this route is going to continue, we will see non stop nerfs, and this may very well be because of PvP. I see a pattern or resemblance coming here, similar to WoW, trying to balance a game around PvP and PvE, it isn't possible I am afraid. I just hope things don't get too bad, cause I love this game.

Already over the last 6 weeks they have made changes that are requiring us to grind more and more, the drop rates now of items are lower, the fact we don't even get a guaranteed blue from a rare mob is a joke.

I am just finding it a shame cause they are making it a lot more polished which is great but they have also made some questionable changes as well. I would say a month ago it was a lot better than it is now. I feel the game is becoming too grind oriented and that is going to be a huge disappointment to many players.

Yea, I just saw the GS nerf and im like theres 10 other builds going around 1 shotting enemies (I saw a build perma KB enemies). Why the nerf to this specific build? Its not going to make anyone think, "hey cleave is a better option now since it does more damage then GS", and all it did was essentially make the build less competitive among other amazing builds.

"
Total wrote:
"
Desbris wrote:

Yea, I just saw the GS nerf and im like theres 10 other builds going around 1 shotting enemies (I saw a build perma KB enemies). Why the nerf to this specific build? Its not going to make anyone think, "hey cleave is a better option now since it does more damage then GS", and all it did was essentially make the build less competitive among other amazing builds.

Indeed, not to mention the new resistance change, why do they think that adding these crazy resistances changes to each difficulty is making the game harder/better? Remember when talking about resistances and how they believe it will make the game more difficult is a silly concept, because when it comes to difficulty, that is a relative term, the difficulty is only relative to your gear, which means now I will need to grind 10x more just to get the right amount of resistance so that it is exactly the same as it was before the change.

You want to make the game more challenging? Do as people state, improve the enemy A.I or make the end game maps more challenging, since it is "end game". Again, you're taking it in the wrong direction guys, luckily it is beta so at least things can be changed, thankfully and hopefully.

The game is still great and I understand you are testing things, but everyone wants this game to be the best it can be, so it must be understandable we get passionate about these type of things :)
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to respond to these replies.

Basically, it seems you guys want to cruise through the game without too much trouble. I'm not sure the GGG team intended for this, but I can't say, I'm not on their team.

I know there are a few builds not related to GS that could be considered OP, maybe the GGG team is trying to address these as well.

Ultimately you have two extreme ends of players, people who want to run through stuff as quickly as possible and those looking to be challenged as much as possible. I *think* the GGG team is trying to cater to most of that spectrum with the game, but it really is impossible to do without multiple difficulty options/settings.

So while it stays with one difficulty, I'm going to assume it'll tend towards somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info