Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I've seen some high level ranked games. Do a youtube search for "marvel vs capcom 3 ranked" and in the top 3 results you will see someone named miles####. He uses Dante, Wesker, and Ironman. I guarantee you he and the people he play against at that level do not just spam ranged attacks to win. That is how you beat your neighbor or that button-mashing 6 year old. There is even all this talk about how Sentinel is overpowered in the game but all the top-ranking matches I've seen do not even use him.

To me the game seems to be shaping up much like Marvel vs Capcom 2 did. Which, like Diablo 2, lasted a decade and still had many many players. The depth of the fighting seems to go even further with the new x-factor that you can pop off once per match. It allows some of the slower characters like hulk to be absolutely devastating.

The game is awesome. And you don't need to be a pro to beat a button-masher. But you do need to learn how to do some basic combos and how to link in supers.

This game has damage and stun degradation. So eventually hits do less damage and stun duration is shortened to allow you to block eventually. This is to eliminate infinite combos.

What someone else said about pros going as deep as analyzing frame by frame seems to hold true for this game as well. As someone has already discovered that even though the bottom cap of stun degradation is low, you can do an infinite with Akuma using simply his jump and strong hurricane kick. The timing is ridiculously hard, though, and you do so little damage that you literally need to repeat it about 400 times to kill one character with only that.
woah, chill man. I am sorry i offended the fighting game genre lol.

"
analyzing frame by frame seems to hold true for this game as well

Also you relize how many frames are in a single match right?

Anyways all i am saying is that fighters as a genre not taking into the years of training offer less depth than other genres of games. I am not saying someone can't be ridiculously awesome at a game. My point for fighters it is more of a linear experience not hard to beat(solo game). Maybe that just the balancing i have experienced. Anyways i am not downplaying a genre of games in fact i have found memories of new and old fighters, but getting this upset over a argument is a little ridiculous after all a fighting game is just a game.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
It's not. In my opinion, there are two genres of games which require the most ridiculous amounts of training to be top notch: Fast paced online Shooters (like Quake) and Capcom Fighters. And it's quite annoying and simply not true to read statements like "there is no skill involved in this game".
That's why "just a game" is a topic to get upset upon.
Imagine someone saying "Soccer is skillless. You just kick against a ball." Don't you think some ppl might get offended?
And your point of a linear single player experience is absolutely irrelevant. This game is a pure PvP game, you simply cannot judge it by the dumb AI in single player. Single player is just for players completely new to the game to get a feel for it and for basic training.
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
I agree with the solo play experience lacking, but as Hartbrot said most fps and fighting games are purely PvP. Technically you could say there is less depth in an fps than a game like Marvel vs Capcom 3 because it has nearly 40 characters with different movesets to learn whereas in an FPS everyone is the same but you have to learn the weapons instead.

Hmm...an rpg with a capcom fighting style based battle system...I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
sports and video games are completely different. You can make those comparisons as long as you know its a logical fallacie. Ok well look at the pvp. Truthfully sure people will use different character, but there are always some characters people don't use. So i highly doubt that 40 characters get played frequently in the top tiers of gamers. Also yes i don't think people should get offended unless you play the game for a living maybe then i could see getting upset, but something you play in your spare time. Also this is the internet not every ones opinions match up. I am not saying they require no skill or anyone could play them competitively.

also if you would have read my post more carefully i wasn't talking about this game in particular. I was talking about other fighters that are indeed broken. Saying the majority of fighters i have played suffer from this is correct.
MvC2 had 56 characters and I think in the end about 8 or 10 were played in tournaments. Normally I'd say that speaks pretty poorly of a game but it took over 5 years to get to that point. The advantages those characters had was so small it took forever to figure it out.

In this game so far only one character has been touted as "overpowered", Sentinel, and in most of the high ranked games I've seen he hasn't been played by either player.

So I suspect this game will unfold in a similar fashion. The only difference is that they have DLC characters that they will add. The character list may very well surpass the previous game, but every time new characters are added it will shift the balance of power and the "pros" will re-evaluate everything.

That would be tiresome to me, so I'll just enjoy it :).
"
Hartbrot wrote:
It's not. In my opinion, there are two genres of games which require the most ridiculous amounts of training to be top notch: Fast paced online Shooters (like Quake) and Capcom Fighters. And it's quite annoying and simply not true to read statements like "there is no skill involved in this game".
That's why "just a game" is a topic to get upset upon.
Imagine someone saying "Soccer is skillless. You just kick against a ball." Don't you think some ppl might get offended?

Lol comparing a game that you play sitting on your ass to soccer.

Hilarious.
Then exchange soccer with chess or poker if you like. Man, it's not that compicated to understand, just try.
DMT:

Aim at brain.
Fire.
Ok, wiseass. For soccer you have to train hard for years to become good. Same for chess. Same for poker. Same for ANY game you need skill for. Now take your fallacie ignorance and shove it up your...

Btw. Still noone accepted my challenge. IF MvC3 was that skillless, you all should wipe the floor with me, right? So how come noone accepts the challenge? I'll tell you: Because you all just have big mouths, no skill, and shit in your pants. That's why.
Don't try to argument, PROVE it. I think you all just suck big time at MvC3 and try to make it look bad, because your frustrated.

ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE or just shut up about MvC3 being skillless. Very simple.
DMT:

Aim at brain.
Fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info