Marvel vs Capcom 3

And WHY are they MUCH better?...

Besides that:
Still noones bold enough to post their player name. What does this tell us? It tells us that all that "MvC3 is easy, buttonmashing, no skill involved" is pure bullsh... Those posters pretended to have balls but lacked to prove it.

As always, ppl love to hate but fear to fight :)
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
Well i think that fighting games in general can have skill required timing, combos, and sidestepping. However you do have to realize it nullifies that when a 6 year old can beat you by mashing buttons :P
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
And you do have to realize, that if a 6 year old beats you in MvC3 by mashing random buttons, u just cannot play at all. Sry, but thats the truth.
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
I have a couple friends that play competitive fighters. Button mashing absolutely doesn't work on people like that. The detail with which these professionals analyze the game mechanics... down to single frames.. is insane.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Well i am not really shooting to be master of fighting games not really that high on my priorities list. I am just saying that fighters as a genre don't really have a huge competitive field cause it more niche. I really enjoy fighting games, but i don't really see all the skill involved i could beat soul caliber 2 on every difficulty by employing like 2 strategies. So to me i never really saw it as a lot of strategy compared to other genre's of games.
Yeah in gamer terms that's called putting up a wall. If you can find a series of actions such that your opponent cannot beat it, it's called a wall and you win. Sometimes it's just 2-3 moves.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
Zidjian wrote:
Well i am not really shooting to be master of fighting games not really that high on my priorities list. I am just saying that fighters as a genre don't really have a huge competitive field cause it more niche. I really enjoy fighting games, but i don't really see all the skill involved i could beat soul caliber 2 on every difficulty by employing like 2 strategies. So to me i never really saw it as a lot of strategy compared to other genre's of games.

Not to be rude at all, but just for your own knowledge, the fighting game genre is definitely growing as a competitive genre, ever since Super Turbo, and then again in a big way, since SF4. And they take just as much skill as any other game, and in my opinion, sometimes more. Priorities, Focus Cancels, EX Cancels, Frame Links (ARG) and even just figuring out what actually combos. These games are pretty deep and quite technical, even if its not seen on the surface level. Its not like these games were thrown together in a couple weeks. But I could go on all day about 2D fighters. Anyway, those are simply my thoughts.
You can't spell Hustle without STL...suckas...
Funny enough, for as complex as fighters are (they are indeed complex) at the root core of every system it's essentially rock, paper, scissors.

I've seen insane levels of details of these games from my friends, and it always comes back to a few core moves where "1 beats 2, 2 beats 3, and 3 beats 1."
@zidjian

Regardless of the actual game itself, pretty much every fighting game in recent memory has been easy to learn, but damn near impossible to master - unless you have superb timing and reflexes.

You might think this looks unremarkable, but you might find you could spend an entire week trying to pull off that one sequence and still not get it even once, let alone be able to just whip it out whenever you like.

Insane timing, reflexes, precision, and a deep knowledge of the game are the key skills in fighting games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info