Season Four, Event 42: 1 Week Party

Why race his HC and when died character go to normal ?
"
Oosband wrote:

OOOOOOH YOU GOT OWNNNNNNNNNNED D:

TY salkku
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
I wish there was a way to view the standings on the ladder without all of the dead people listed.
Well, at level 59 I have 1100 hp and 900 ES, but I don't dare try Merciless Vaal on my own. Grinding for gear and currency in Fellshrine all by myself doesn't sound interesting either. Effectively I've hit a wall and without a group to support me or the gear, I can't do Vaal.

So if anyone sees this who is willing to help a guy out on Merciless Vaal I would appreciate it. I have some chaos, alchemy orbs, and a chisel I think! :-p
It brings me much pleasure to see that DukedUrl died after making such a huge ass out of himself earlier.
Stoutarm

Guildleader: JESUSWEPT (JESUS†)
"
Stoutarm wrote:
It brings me much pleasure to see that DukedUrl died after making such a huge ass out of himself earlier.

Sorry I was too casual for your epic party Duked :).
IGN: IlluminatiConfirmed_
Last edited by _tegra on Sep 12, 2013, 4:18:31 AM
And a special ty to desync, love it
I took part in 3 week race and the month race and it almost consumed my soul. I bailed out of this at level 8. Honestly I am a hardcore gamer and whatever but I really have to question the ethics of running a month race again, spending 20 hours a day completely ADDICTED to racing. I totally fucked up my year of my degree, and I know this is my own fault but that whole month was just written off. This game is addictive enough without being compelled to race for a month solid. Yes, this game got me through a hard period of my life but I just wonder if someone will take it too far one day. My feet started swelling up towards the end of my Poe career, something I think is generally associated with flying.

I am sure some people will troll me for writing this, sure go ahead, but I am just conveying my experience to GGG, I can only imagine a younger kid getting more absorbed (I am 26). I think competitions like this could even be banned by official sources one day. Play sensibly, don't ruin your life, mines back on track but I certainly won't be doing any of these endurance races any more (as mostly it is a case of who can stay up the longest/play the most).
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
Tell that the devs.

After the December race which was nothing but total no lifing(You needed double playtime from CB Races to be in the Top40 5-6/7 days playtime instead of 1,5-3) the devs decided for OB the game has to be a grinding hell.

I quit high lvl content 2 weeks after OB because OB was a grinding disaster and the devs didn't even communicated and I heard such false claims like "we didn't touch map drops on merciless"(Yeah that's why I found 3 maps in merciless in 2 weeks, while in CB I needed max 2h for 1 map)

Luckily more and more gamers get bored with it so it might change in future, to the better aka a fast paced game. But first A3x must fail really hard, then the devs will realize that the timeinvestment needed is far too big.

Looking at the participation rate more many players didn't even do maps and got stuck at docks/merciless (stealth nerfed mapdrops again?)

Yeah I just added up my characters playtime and I know some of this time is spent AFK but 2599 since Open Beta and I never 5 or 6linked an item, only got to one 77 map (in the month race), never dropped a considerable amount of the higher value uniques (shavs etc) and only ever dropped one 6link. I think it works out at like 1exalt every 200 hours, I couldn't give an eternal drop ration but id say once every 600 hours and the fact is EVERY CHARACTER I HAD HAD MAGIC FIND. It was such a bore without it. I'm all for games with an extensive lifespan but now I realise it is jsut an addiction to finding something that isn't going to drop. Everyone is headed for the same set of items practically so everything else is practically worthless making trade pretty much futile. And never saw a mirror drop, not for me or for one person on my friends list.

I really wonder what I could of done with those 2600 hours (national min wage £6.10x2600= over £15000. FML.

FYI the 6link was an abyssal axe which i vendored.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
Last edited by ckay27 on Sep 13, 2013, 3:31:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info