PVP Feedback

As noted in the news yesterday there will be PVP changes and improvements for 1.0.0

We realise PVP hasn't been looked at much since it was introduced, but we have been following what has been happening in PVP.

Please do feel to provide feedback on what you want in PVP. While we have read feedback in this thread, feel free to summarise what you have already said and restate it (especially as its hard to assess what is still important to players over time).

Last edited by Qarl on Sep 3, 2013, 8:24:41 PM
So have i.
Last edited by 01800 on Sep 3, 2013, 8:28:11 PM
"
"
As noted in the news yesterday there will be upcoming there will be PVP changes for 1.0.0

hue.

I have edited the above post.

Will there be any systems in place for teams to have extra helpers so to speak friend you to keep tabs of where you are/what your doing and report your location/doings to them in real time?
Auras and summons.

Casting auras every round is HIGHLY annoying. So it would be nice to keep them up permanently.

Same with summons, they die on the start of the first round. Would be nice to keep them and to have them re-summoned after each round as well.
@ToNotBeDetermined
Last edited by MustachePredator on Sep 3, 2013, 9:02:22 PM
Curses are completely OP in arenas. I played VS kripparian a few times, and by far the biggest advantage he had was 5 "of warding" potions and permanent curses. There is absolutely no way to face off against temp chains and ele weakness. It is impossible to run and elemental ailments last ages.

I came close to winning a few times against him, but if he was serious he would just run around until I ran out of "of warding" potions.

Overall I think curses should have 33% effectiveness in PvP. They can't be near as utterly debilitating as they are now.

Other than that I would LOVE to see group PvP like capture the flag etc. Basically WoW battlegrounds. The skill system and high amount of customization will allow for a much funner PvP than any game I've seen so far.

Maybe you could implement betting for experience/exalts in arena matches. That would be so fun.

And finally overall a matchmaking system would greatly enhance the number of people playing PvP. I've only been able to PvP if I ask friends or if someone who is streaming is PvPing.
IGN: @Deltrus
My build and gear: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/462131
Last edited by DeltruS on Sep 3, 2013, 9:28:06 PM
I would really like to be able to use flicker strike as my primary skill for pvp.

I wont be able to use multiple flickers no more.
Flicker strike is not even the top tier pvp build
Top are 3 types
dual strike
Sporker + molten shell
viper strike + shield.

i really wish the cooldown on flicker was removed and the atk speed really slowed down to compensate.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55261
link shows the reason why it was allowed in the pass.

flicker for pvp is why i farm those dps gear.
[Removed by Support]
"
Anthian wrote:

Top are 3 types
dual strike
Sporker + molten shell
viper strike + shield.

Which league is this? I haven't seen those as OP in either low or high level pvp (standard).

"
DeltruS wrote:
Curses are completely OP in arenas. I played VS kripparian a few times, and by far the biggest advantage he had was 5 "of warding" potions and permanent curses. There is absolutely no way to face off against temp chains and ele weakness. It is impossible to run and elemental ailments last ages.

If you have high dps, warding pots are a good enough counter. If you're tankier with less dps then it takes awhile to kill, and ya the other guy can wear you down. That's the give and take with those builds.

For ele weakness curse just overcap your ele res. Makes it useless.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Sep 3, 2013, 10:52:19 PM
Need to enter pvp-ratings, and will be seen
Last edited by TheDiablo666 on Sep 3, 2013, 11:04:01 PM
"
Anthian wrote:
I would really like to be able to use flicker strike as my primary skill for pvp.

I wont be able to use multiple flickers no more.
Flicker strike is not even the top tier pvp build
Top are 3 types
dual strike
Sporker + molten shell
viper strike + shield.

i really wish the cooldown on flicker was removed and the atk speed really slowed down to compensate.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/55261
link shows the reason why it was allowed in the pass.

flicker for pvp is why i farm those dps gear.

Flicker strike its fine, nothing wrong with the new cooldown changes, with better PvP interface and a Ladder system but this one must be good not the common ones hope GGG surprise us at the 1.0 release.

Balancing skills around PvP its a fail material since its directly related with the general PvE gameplay progression and PvP builds are about ITEMS. Melee builds are strong than casters and bowers at early game and this is the same to Lowtier PvP being Bower builds the most weak of them because the availability of weak Bow Passives, access of Dodge passives(this one its huge for bow users) and finally Bows&Uniques items in the lvl28 bracket.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info