0.9.12j Patch Notes

New aura level should take effect without having to reactivate it manually now.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
Seriously all the people whingeing about the aura swap fix are just idiots tbh. I mean I have 4 auras available in my gear if I want them anyway as well as a portal gem (I only use 3 auras all attached to a reduced mana gem). Any more than that is just unneccesary. Also with regards to the hotbar space, I just have the 3 I use on the "T" key I just do one then change to the other etc... it really doesn't take long PLUS we will now have our aura's zone with us so it will be a moot point.

end rant. lol
IGN: Amel, Ameladol, Spock, ILoveUniqueThings, AmelPVP
I like the aura change, it makes the decision more interesting between another active ability or more passive power. Players now have to choose more wise what abilities are really needed for their builts. And to some players who say its not possible to play without auras on second skillbar...it is easy possible to play you just have to drop some not that important things.
Hardcore Theorycrafter
It doesn't matter about the skill bar anyway... you can activate the aura and then drop it from the skill bar...
"
Ameladol wrote:
Seriously all the people whingeing about the aura swap fix are just idiots tbh."

end rant. lol

Calling someone who doesn't feel the same way as you an idiot doesn't help the conversation much. You actually had some good points, but when you started your post with attacking the intelligence of people you don't even know because they don't feel the same as you, it kinda' dims the lights on your good stuff.

I like your idea about using one key and just manually hitting your auras one at a time that way. It does seem a little bit like a workaround (and perhaps GGG will make it so that you can't do this, if their point is to make auras more costly, or return them to a previous costliness).

I didn't know the auras remaining active after switch came from introducing weapon swap. I only found out about PoE a month and a half or so ago.

Regardless, I've already gone through all my builds and removed the skills I could sacrifice. And I know that in beta we can expect fundamental changes to occur. I accept that, and I'll learn to approach the game from the new paradigm as will all those who don't turn away for whatever reason good or bad.

Signed, an idiot.
/popcorn always, because people
"
deadamaranth wrote:
"
Ameladol wrote:
Seriously all the people whingeing about the aura swap fix are just idiots tbh."

end rant. lol

Calling someone who doesn't feel the same way as you an idiot doesn't help the conversation much. You actually had some good points, but when you started your post with attacking the intelligence of people you don't even know because they don't feel the same as you, it kinda' dims the lights on your good stuff.

I like your idea about using one key and just manually hitting your auras one at a time that way. It does seem a little bit like a workaround (and perhaps GGG will make it so that you can't do this, if their point is to make auras more costly, or return them to a previous costliness).

I didn't know the auras remaining active after switch came from introducing weapon swap. I only found out about PoE a month and a half or so ago.

Regardless, I've already gone through all my builds and removed the skills I could sacrifice. And I know that in beta we can expect fundamental changes to occur. I accept that, and I'll learn to approach the game from the new paradigm as will all those who don't turn away for whatever reason good or bad.

Signed, an idiot.

I have to say I liked this response :-) and yea fair enough. I won't go edit it though or what you say won't make sense.

Though I will add it clearly was never meant to be able to happen so people calling it a nerf... it's not really a nerf lol. But in terms of the key swap out I would hope they don't change this, I think the biggest issue is that your character needs to have the item sockets available on their person, if you meet the socket requirement and can have the mana/life to support it then good luck to you. Having a set number of buttons shouldn't block that.
"
Ameladol wrote:
It doesn't matter about the skill bar anyway... you can activate the aura and then drop it from the skill bar...

Plus the fact that auras carry over. The good thing is that auras actually have to be on your gear to be active, which is the main fix. Now an equipped aura now requires a gem socket, instead of hiding then away in a weapon swap.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Sep 20, 2012, 9:28:27 PM
Given how many auras are seldom even used (like the 40% auras) I'd like to see something done for their quality of life. Calling me an idiot for asking that much seems inane.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
WTF.

This game is getting worse and worse the closer it gets to release.

Not only is there no reason to play the 'end-game' content but now you're removing quirks and useful tricks that make what little is worth playing worth playing?

FFS get a grip.

How bout you guys stop nerfing and start working on actual improvements, GGG.

Such as, you know, elementary stuff that should have been in months ago such as trade windows. Chat rooms. Channels.

Thanks for totally fucking up my character.

I think I'll join the rest of the playerbase and go entertain myself in GW2.

Thanks for the month of fun, was worth the $10.
"
maxie12 wrote:
WTF.

This game is getting worse and worse the closer it gets to release.

Not only is there no reason to play the 'end-game' content but now you're removing quirks and useful tricks that make what little is worth playing worth playing?

FFS get a grip.

How bout you guys stop nerfing and start working on actual improvements, GGG.

Such as, you know, elementary stuff that should have been in months ago such as trade windows. Chat rooms. Channels.

Thanks for totally fucking up my character.

I think I'll join the rest of the playerbase and go entertain myself in GW2.

Thanks for the month of fun, was worth the $10.

You do realize this is a BETA right?
Last edited by Elynole on Sep 20, 2012, 10:14:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info