A userscript for enhanced forum experience

I'll just write something here, and wonder how many of you guys can't see it :D

anyway, I won't block-list anybody because I enjoy reading everything I can, until the Coffee runs out.

feel free to block me though. I don't mind
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Actually, I have you on my green list:)
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'll just write something here, and wonder how many of you guys can't see it :D

anyway, I won't block-list anybody because I enjoy reading everything I can, until the Coffee runs out.

feel free to block me though. I don't mind

Why would we block you?

You don't make threads all the time, screaming in their title "I want to release a shitstorm!". ;)
Interesting concept.

If a troll pops up, multiple people will blacklist it.

Self policing at its finest.

I expect BM to drop, cos hopefully algoQQwhinebots will take the hint.

For me, this would be my 'nuke' button. Don't want to just ignore some troll, cos eventually they too may tone down their flames, contribute, and be entertaining overall (see: BerMalBerIst1*).

Spoiler
Opinions may vary.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
The only issue I've noticed with this script is that it (for me, anyway) only highlights threads in which ignarsoll has posted. It doesn't highlight them for anyone else in my greenlist.

A bit of self-aggrandizing, perhaps?

;)

-EDIT- thought I should add, it highlights individual posts fine, just not the threads.
Last edited by Thaelyn on Aug 28, 2013, 12:17:06 AM
We need a Unique added in-game to commemorate this welcome addition to the forums.

Spoiler
"Ball Gag""
Cannot use use global or trade chat
200% increased chance for wisdom scroll drops
"
skmzarn wrote:
This is great for forum moderators as well. Then they can focus harder on the "known" trolls more- Since that's just what they deserve in the end.

They're already all known by name/M.O. already anyway, and would be banned ages ago if GGG were not so kind.

On the other hand, giving people greentext over time lets me build a list of people to nominate for dev attention/community promotion stuff. I wish it were a bit more piecemeal (such as +1ing stuff, then getting a count of the +1s over time), but this is workable.
Bump for the sake of humanity. Die troll, die!!! :P
Pants are for nephalem, we are exiles, we do not need pants.
~~~~~
"
Fluffhead wrote:
I installed it on 64bit Waterfox first, didn't work. So then I tried on Firefox and same thing, nothing on the profile page. I've used greasemonkey before but just updated it and added the script, no dice. Any idea what's preventing it from working?

Can't wait to get it working, this is a dream come true for these forums. Thanks for making it.

Sorry for this late of a response, it's hard for me to say anything at this point. Could you share what is outputted to develeper console in Firefox (shortcut is ctrl+shift+k).

"
Thaelyn wrote:
The only issue I've noticed with this script is that it (for me, anyway) only highlights threads in which ignarsoll has posted. It doesn't highlight them for anyone else in my greenlist.

A bit of self-aggrandizing, perhaps?

;)

-EDIT- thought I should add, it highlights individual posts fine, just not the threads.

I guess you misunderstood that functionality. It only highlights a thread if it is created by an account in the greenlist (not if posted in the thread).

"
justinloase wrote:
[..]

While you are probably right about this being a useful tool, especially for forum junkies; I remember the thread where all this got started and this script is in response to one specific poster. It just seems a little mean to publicly go through the hassle of making this for 1 specific person. No big whoop, just my 2 cents.

Consider this as my way of feeding a troll. If other trolls would starve in the meanwhile I would consider that as a win-win.

"
FadeXF wrote:
This is probably way out there - but is there any way with this script to add some type of marker next to people on your green lists? Similar to how the forum marks when GGG responds to threads?

I'm just curious - but omg Ignar - I love this script like... this is exactly what I needed. ;) Sure do appreciate it. My forum experiences just got a HELL of a lot better.

That would be a really nice functionality but it requires considerable amount of development time. Instead maybe I'll add a page that lists greenlisted accounts latest posts, just an idea..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My development version of the script currently contains lots of re-writed code and has options like:
  • Giving different colors for each account in the green list
  • Block listed accounts could be filtered differently. (ie. uber-troll's post will be removed,mild-troll's post will made transparent)
  • Ability to import/export script settings

The problem is even though these can easily be set by modifying the source code. Making required changes to the settings menu is the most time consuming part. So I'll update the script when I have the time/will to make required changes to the menu. Until that I would be happy to hear suggestions.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Aug 28, 2013, 9:59:51 AM
"
ignarsoll wrote:
[...]

My development version of the script currently contains lots of re-writed code and has options like:
  • Giving different colors for each account in the green list
  • Block listed accounts could be filtered differently. (ie. uber-troll's post will be removed,mild-troll's post will made transparent)
  • Ability to import/export script settings

The problem is even though these can easily be set by modifying the source code. Making required changes to the settings menu is the most time consuming part. So I'll update the script when I have the time/will to make required changes to the menu. Until that I would be happy to hear suggestions.

Oh my gawd, I love what I hear so far.

Seeing that more and more development goes behind it,
won't you consider allowing donations? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info