A userscript for enhanced forum experience

"
ignarsoll wrote:
"
ionface wrote:

Context
"
ignarsoll wrote:
Thanks [removed by admin], just because of your endless non-quality posts, I decided to write a userscript that will filter post/threads by username, so your posts will become non-existent for me. Finally I'll have better forum experience :) :)

Spoiler
(: (:
Spoiler
:) :)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Optional Link

And OP delivers..

Currently the script has two main functionality.

1) Block List
The accounts you add to the list will have their threads transparent.

Spoiler

And also their comments will be completely removed so their trolling attempts will remain unnoticed.

2) Green List
I actually implemented this for myself but then thought maybe others could benefit from a similar functionality.

The accounts you add to the green list will have their post/threads outlined by a green border. (Other than color, same as GGG account's yellow border).

Before hating me please remove me from the list after checking out the functionality :)

Thread

First get these:
Greasemonkey - Firefox
Tampermonkey - Chrome

Now everything is ready. Go get the script.

Configuration
Just go to your profile and you'll see a settings menu. Things should be easy from there.

Spoiler

I want to dedicate this script to [removed by admin], the one who give me the power to write it.

Donations
LOL! This project is way too small but thanks for even considering.

Thank you!
Every time GGG is probating somebody because of bad language or assault in the forum, they should link them this nice tool in a PM. Also congratulations on making it into a sticky, although this comes a bit late. :P
Userscripts is dead and userscript-mirror's out of date, so it looks like there's no way to get a working version of the script (assuming it was updated after the profile change, which I can't tell for sure from the posts here). If an updated script exists, is there any chance it can be posted somewhere else?

"
And also their comments will be completely removed so their trolling attempts will remain unnoticed.

Did something change? I'm still seeing the posts by ignored users. They're just grayed out. I was expecting this to work like every other ignore list I've used, and it at least sounds like it used to.

I'm trying to create my own little world without terrible people here, and it's not happening.
"
Jennik wrote:
"

Did something change? I'm still seeing the posts by ignored users. They're just grayed out. I was expecting this to work like every other ignore list I've used, and it at least sounds like it used to.

I'm trying to create my own little world without terrible people here, and it's not happening.

"
ionface wrote:
"
I said I'd use it but the former moderator in me just can't bring himself to sand-head-bury in this way.

You can edit the script to have

"
//$(this).remove();
$(this).css("opacity","0.10");

instead of

"
$(this).remove();
//$(this).css("opacity","0.10");

This way the troll posts are still visible, but only if you really need to read them.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 6, 2014, 11:17:23 AM
Thanks. I guess it was a combination of an unexpectedly modified script and the solution being buried in the thread that got me.
"
Jennik wrote:
Thanks. I guess it was a combination of an unexpectedly modified script and the solution being buried in the thread that got me.

Heh, enjoy your new forum experience. :P

Ironically it was a solwitch thread which brought this up again.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Aug 6, 2014, 11:37:17 AM
Hi the scripts - even tried "temp fix" won't load.
Christmas comes early - The Awakening!
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ┊  ┊
┊  ★  ☆

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info